Still worth fighting for third place?

6 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

The question is if we are in the playoffs with Fulham to play, do we go for a win at all costs to try to achieve 3rd or do we rest key players and the rest do their best

If we are guaranteed PO's before playing Fulham then we surely rest as many players as we are allowed for that game. Don't see the fascination for 3rd place by risking your best players.

12 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

The question is if we are in the playoffs with Fulham to play, do we go for a win at all costs to try to achieve 3rd or do we rest key players and the rest do their best

If we are guaranteed a play off place after Saturday it's likely that it's because Leeds failed to beat Norwich. So it would be interesting to see what all 4 teams in the playoffs do on the last day. My feeling is there would be lots of rotation going on 

3rd spot would be worth it no matter what happens. If they did decide to relegate Newcastle and West Ham I would confidently predict that the two bottom sides in the premiership would stay where they are.

Edited by darra

Huddersfield can now rest players for the last two games so will be fresh for play-offs. Another reason we need to get it sorted on Saturday so that they don't have such a big advantage if we play them. Any team not confirmed in play-offs will have to put out a strong team on the 7th of May.

1 minute ago, Stainless1983 said:

I'd settle for play offs in any position right now.

Plus this tax thing sounds more like it is to do with players/agents than the clubs.

Newcastle's MD has been arrested. Boston Uniteds was down to falsifying players wages somebody itk St the time told me they had declared they were paying somebody £200 a week when in fact they'd forgot to add a nought . So similar 

27 minutes ago, darra said:

Newcastle's MD has been arrested. Boston Uniteds was down to falsifying players wages somebody itk St the time told me they had declared they were paying somebody £200 a week when in fact they'd forgot to add a nought . So similar 

Just saw that about the MD. 

With the arrests & raids in France that are linked I was thinking it may be something to do with an agent or rep for some of the French players. But as you say the arrest of the MD now suggests otherwise.

Nothing changes for us. We need to win Saturday to guarantee play offs. Then for Fulham we can rotate & still have a team that should be competitive enough to play Fulham & win.

Edited by Stainless1983

Let's just try and get there first ffs.

CC's done a great job to give us the opportunity with 6 games left the season after last year's disappointment.

Been a great run last few weeks but the job is by no means done.

Half the people rambling on about who to play in the play-offs, travel arrangements, playing out a draw with Fulham etc etc had given up a few weeks back.

Let's show a bit o' class and start counting our chickens when the eagle has landed and the ducks have come home to roost.

2 hours ago, modboy said:

still hoping we just get in the playoffs. Always usually one last twist at the end of the season and im still not over that Forest match in 1990

One of (if not the) worst moments of my time as a Wednesday fan. My first taste of relegation. Cried for a week after that one. I think my parents were considering councilling. Made all the worse by Blades coming up at same time. Made up for it season after though. Oh to repeat those scenes. 

West Ham have said they were asked about intermediaries & agents. They are not accused of anything as a club.

Chelsea only asked to provide information.

Newcastle, West Ham & Chelsea only have one thing in common... Demba Ba. Who was born in France.