Sam Winnall ?

Should at least be on bench,looks quality and can score at this level too,runs his socks off..I think k he'll still be here next season and Dave will be off and mardy kid on loan at Blackburn..Also think Fletch might be off or take DAVES role...Rhodes n Hooper up top for me,with Winall and Fletcher on bench..Sorry Dave...uto

3 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Correct lol

The thing is with Nuhiu is that he offers the physical presence that Winnall doesn't. CC has used Nuhiu this last couple of games to do a job from the bench and he's done it. He gets a lot of bad press but he's got ability and he gives us that physical presence when we need to hold onto a lead and/or we need to hold the ball up. Some of our fans can see his ability,a lot of the opposites managers can see it. Can see how he's been given the nod over Winnall for what he can offer at this stage of the season when every win needs clinging onto.

Feel for Sam. 

After his his display and goal v Barnsley I really thought he would kick on. 

He must not be doing in on the training ground to not even get in the match day squad, id rather have him than Fletcher to be honest. 

I like his desire and fight, he looks like he genuinely wants to succeed, unfortunately he's one of many great players we have in that position. 

Whilst I wouldn't normally experience sympathy for someone earning almost a million quid a year unless they were beset with some serious illness or bereavement, I do feel sympathy for Sam and his current inactivity. The positive aspect of this is how many Championship clubs would be able to leave someone like Winnall out of their match day squad? Probably none.

Edited by Almat

5th Choice striker now Hooper is playing again and fully fit, now he's back we've won 4 out of 4 when he's started - his influence on our attacking play is massive and that's without him even scoring.

Can't see Winnall getting much game time from now on unless somebody gets injured, looks like Hooper/Fletcher will be our preferred partnership for these last few games, with FF rotating wider roles or behind the striker, Rhodes to maybe alternate for Fletcher if form dips and Nuhiu to bring on for defensive duties/hold up play in those last 15minutes. I do like the lad and he's a hard worker but everything Winnall is good at we just have other strikers that are better at it than him...and with the way CC likes to set up the bench unlikely he'll have 3 strikers on there.

2 hours ago, Lee A said:

There's a big jump from "nothing wrong with him" to him being good enough for a team aiming for the PL though.

Like I said, way too early to write him off because he's clearly a decent player, but it remains to be seen whether it works out for him here and if he's able to make the step up,  we don't know yet.

Also UTO Kev

What does uto stand for.cant figure it out.