Nuhiu to Start Monday

Guest RocketOwl

He was immense. If Rhodes had played that well, be a different story. People cannot seem to look at things objectively on here and at face value.

To many posters stuck in past on everything. Judge the players on their last performance.

If i could like myself for this point I would.

Erm can I remind you of your comments re : Rhodes, Sasso and anybody else when the wind changes? :columbo:

Guest RocketOwl

Erm can I remind you of your comments re : Rhodes, Sasso and anybody else when the wind changes? :columbo:

I judge them on performances.

Sasso was poor at start of season and has improved recently.

Rhodes has not done brilliant yet that is a fact, when that changes I will be the first to congratulate him.

Nuhiu has been poor this season when played but did well yesterday.

Sorry but his cameo yesterday does wipe out the last two seasons

he did two great pieces of skill, one resulted in a back pass to the keeper, the other he tried one piece of skill too many instead of squaring it to Rhodes.

and another time he tried to take it into the corner, lost it and Cardiff were on the front foot and attacking

great skill but ultimately of no use at all

Absolutely should not have a starting place. We need strikers who score in the starting 11.

Nuhiu''s value is his physical strength to hold the ball and create space for others.

Use him for that purpose in the last 10/15 minutes, especially against the likes of Cardiff Burton and Preston.

I actually think Nuhiu wouldn't mind just having the last 10/20 minute sub role going forward. When we play defend and time waste teams like Cardiff, his height gives us that long ball option when our passing game doesn't work. When we change to the long ball in the last 10 with him on, their defences don't expect it and panic a bit. Seemed to work yesterday.  He just adds something we don't get from anyone else. A regular starter...no. Sub last 10...yes

He had a huge impact on yesterday win. As a substitute, your role is to change games and make an impact, which he did to much aplomb. If you then don't get a start it does not encourage any of the subs to come on and do their all for a start in the next game. 

I have never rated Nuhiu, but yesterday if you had never been to a Wednesday game, and saw Fletcher and Nuhiu, you would have been thinking Nuhiu was by far the superior player. So for this, I think he does deserve a start. He won everything, looked a lot more mobile and trim than previously and looked up for the fight.

He also knows how to score against QPR.

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Jones

Bannan

Reach

Nuhiu

FF

Unbelievable. Has a decent 15 minutes and warrants him a start? What about Rhodes? That chest down and effort was pure quality!

In Hindsight, he may have done better against those bullying centre halves than Fletch did...But is he a better forward than Fletcher overall?...I don't think so, and neither I imagine would the stats bear that out

Thats in no way slagging the bloke off...I enjoyed his holding the ball up an' stepovers, but that was mainly through euphoria...In the cold light of day..Fletcher is a better forward, Rhodes has better movement, so does Hooper and probably Winnall, and thats the be all and end all of it.

I see he is winning the MOM poll..I voted for Lees who hardly put a foot wrong and was instrumental in keeping the clean sheet that gave us 3 points...But Adthe got the vote, because of 3 stepovers and a penchant on Owlstalk for tryin' to p *ss each other off lol

Edited by asteener1867

Two obvious things but somehow another long Atty thread

1 He did great yesterday. Caused Cardiff real problems and created space for others with strength and skill. And the real strange thing was that he never got penalised by the ref

2 He should not start Monday 

Guest RocketOwl

Unbelievable. Has a decent 15 minutes and warrants him a start? What about Rhodes? That chest down and effort was pure quality!

Standard stuff 

Bang on

Nuhiu is the classic football fan favourite. 

Shows passion and gives his all, which  blinds many people's judgement. 

I like Nuhiu the guy, but barring a fleeting decent 15 minutes performance here and there, he's an utter dog turd of a footballer.

Edited by LoadABallacks

Bang on

Nuhiu is the classic football fan favourite. 

Shows passion and gives his all, which  blinds many people's judgement. 

I like Nuhiu the guy, but barring a fleeting decent 15 minutes performance here and there, he's an utter dog turd of a footballer, especially for a team. 

Bit harsh mate!!

He had a huge impact on yesterday win. As a substitute, your role is to change games and make an impact, which he did to much aplomb. If you then don't get a start it does not encourage any of the subs to come on and do their all for a start in the next game. 

I have never rated Nuhiu, but yesterday if you had never been to a Wednesday game, and saw Fletcher and Nuhiu, you would have been thinking Nuhiu was by far the superior player. So for this, I think he does deserve a start. He won everything, looked a lot more mobile and trim than previously and looked up for the fight.

He also knows how to score against QPR.

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Jones

Bannan

Reach

Nuhiu

FF

This a wind up.

Ok , he did alright for the 10 mins he was on but starting? give us a break.