Nuhiu to Start Monday

Guest RocketOwl

Fletcher has been superb 2 games before yest, put himself about yest too. 

Now nuhiu to start? He came on and did everything asked, but lets not overreact 

This is Owlstalk..........the centre of overreaction !!

Edited by paddyowl

Guest RocketOwl

What about when they both scored v Birmingham.

does that change the amount of goals they scored?

Birmingham really good team too.

One good 10 minutes and he deserves a start? No chance! 

His impact act is usually minimal or negative, pleased he did well yesterday, but st best he has kept his place on the bench and can come on and do the same job again if need be. 

He had a huge impact on yesterday win. As a substitute, your role is to change games and make an impact, which he did to much aplomb. If you then don't get a start it does not encourage any of the subs to come on and do their all for a start in the next game. 

I have never rated Nuhiu, but yesterday if you had never been to a Wednesday game, and saw Fletcher and Nuhiu, you would have been thinking Nuhiu was by far the superior player. So for this, I think he does deserve a start. He won everything, looked a lot more mobile and trim than previously and looked up for the fight.

He also knows how to score against QPR.

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Jones

Bannan

Reach

Nuhiu

FF

What yesterday showed to me was not that Nuhiu should be starting more games, but that we have criminally underused him as a second half sub this season. 

Last season Nuhiu came on changed so many games for the better. And even against a hugely physical side yesterday they just could not deal with him. Even though we've brought in some real quality up front this season we still do not have anyone like him in the squad. 

Guest RocketOwl

What yesterday showed to me was not that Nuhiu should be starting more games, but that we have criminally underused him as a second half sub this season. 

Last season Nuhiu came on changed so many games for the better. And even against a hugely physical side yesterday they just could not deal with him. Even though we've brought in some real quality up front this season we still do not have anyone like him in the squad. 

Tbh Nuhiu has been under used because hes been crap this season.

If he plays like he did yesterday more often, he will be getting more time for sure.

Guest RocketOwl

I would agree with that. As yet an untried combination.

Have a feeling someone might disagree with you.

You just want Rhodes starting, let's be clear on that one.

He has done very little to warrant a start.

Guest RocketOwl

It shows when they started they got 2 goals.

Not bad for the combo that gets least goals.

Exactly, the combo that get's least goals. End of discussion.

Guest RocketOwl

Everybody saw it apart from RO. 

I saw a weak shot the keeper parried.

I saw a good chest down to FF and good spin, that was decent. The shot was ok. Nothing I would not expect of Rhodes. A fully fit and confident Rhodes would have scored there.

Just stop looking at it with rose tinted glasses, he's not performing anywhere close to what he can.

I saw a good chest down to FF and good spin, that was decent. The shot was ok. Nothing I would not expect of Rhodes. A fully fit and confident Rhodes would have scored there.

Just stop looking at it with rose tinted glasses, he's not performing anywhere close to what he can.

Tbh Nuhiu has been under used because hes been crap this season.

If he plays like he did yesterday more often, he will be getting more time for sure.

First sensible or accurate thing I've ever seen you post.

Well done.

Guest RocketOwl

You really are winding everybody up . Bet you are chuckling in your Rocket 

I am just not seeing anything from Rhodes to get overly excited about.

At the moment Nuhiu is ahead of him in the pecking order. 

Oh dear back to being a plank.

Guest RocketOwl

Oh dear back to being a plank.

The problem on here is everyone is not looking at Rhodes performances with a clear mind.

He did well for the goal, it's a step in the right direction, nothing more nothing less.

So, I reckon that it is at this point of the season more than any other, that we start to really appreciate the flexibility and insurance that a large squad gives you, aligned to Carlos' rotation policy. And to also once again, acknowledge the committment, and financial clout, of our owner and any sleeping partners he may have.