Adam Reach

If Im been honest, I didnt rate him at first, for some reason I expected him to be quick, beat 2/3 players and score quite a few goals! 

BUT.. recently I started paying more attention to detail in his game (now im no football manager) but what he does in my opinion is priceless and most wingers or wide players struggle to do, he gets back, covers gaps, wins throwins and corners and plays many positions. He is a very clever player, only because he is not a player that doesnt get you of your seat, doesn't mean hes not good, every team needs a adam reach. Ive certainly grown to like him. He will be important in our promotion push. 

Price Tag has really given him a tough time from our fans, some justified criticism, some not.  Technically very good, great feet, you can count on one hand this season how many times he loses/wastes the ball.  Still have the feeling he might do better centrally than wide, as he doesn't have the raw pace to beat full backs, nor an amazing crossing ability.  He's a really useful player though, can play full back, left mid, left wing, or central midfield and has age on his side with natural fitness to boot.  Will be better suited to the demands of the premier league as well, ie less physical than the championship.

Not surprised some slated him; he is too lightweight on the ball reminds of an autumn leaf blowing around aimlessly in the wind. The ‘He Puts a Shift In’ statement is a smokescreen statement that means I like him but he should be doing better and is a given for every professional footballer anyway.

Frankly for £5M I think most of us expected more than has been delivered so far but age is on his side. He does lack self-belief when Forestieri was coming on Reach automatically started to jog towards the dugout cos he thought he was going off, not the sign of a confident lad.

In summary he is BUSY but mainly INEFFECTIVE, hopefully with time he will evolve into the player we thought we were getting.

He should get everyone's backing simply because he always gives 100% and is a grafter, its not his fault he's a five million pound player and even then should it really be an issue? which players are worth their price tag in this day and age

He is as near to an "ever-present" as you could get in modern-day football. Carlos clearly adores him.

Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday...100%, fit as a flea. Naturally left-footed so gives us genuine balance.

Far from perfect. Yes his current first instinct is too often to turn back to goal and pass back. We know he has pace so hopefully he will gain the confidence to vary this more and more.

I think he would be a firm fan idol if he was born in Walkley and come through the ranks, but too many on here see the price-tag first and the player second.

Im very happy to have him in our team. I think right now he is a better LB than winger, because he can receive the ball with space to run at. He lacks tricks so as a winger receiving the ball up against a FB does him few favours.  But,  like with Bale, that will change over the next season or so. 

I've been indifferent towards him but in his defence, he constantly gets moved all over the shop. 

Said it a while back now, but for me he isn't a wide man, but I think he has the attributes to become a decent centre midfielder. 

He's got the engine to get from box to box and is good on the ball. Some may say he can't tackle, but neither can Bannan and Jones.

He moved centrally yesterday and got himself in to some good positions. Really refreshing to see a player wanting to run beyond our forwards. The 3 forwards took all the plaudits, but Reach in the middle had a big impact too. 

Bannan and Jones can't get within 40 yards of the opposition goal and makes it easy for teams to defend. Yesterday was another prime example. Opposing centre midfielders must love it knowing their opposing players who they square up against  aren't going to run beyond them and pose an tracking threat, or make space for others. 

What baffled me today and stuff I've seen on twitter too is people slating him. 

Thought he was class again today, his worth ethic is fantastic and has the ability, looks like he's lacking a bit of confidence at the min but I'm sure that'll come. 

Shows how opinions differ.

I thought he was a total waste of time and contributed nothing.

he was good against Barnsley and Newcastle.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

Price Tag has really given him a tough time from our fans, some justified criticism, some not.  Technically very good, great feet, you can count on one hand this season how many times he loses/wastes the ball.  Still have the feeling he might do better centrally than wide, as he doesn't have the raw pace to beat full backs, nor an amazing crossing ability.  He's a really useful player though, can play full back, left mid, left wing, or central midfield and has age on his side with natural fitness to boot.  Will be better suited to the demands of the premier league as well, ie less physical than the championship.

He loses the ball all the time.

I like Adam Reach. Good teams needs a player with that work ethic who can get up and down the pitch all day. A player who can cover any position down the left is priceless too and solves a big issue.

yesterday I thought he was pretty poor until Forestieri came on (about 65 mins ?) he all of a sudden found more space to run into. Maybe his fitness levels were better than Cardiffs players and gave him that edge in the closing stages.

ha ha give over 

I just checked to make sure I wasn't losing it.

He keeps possession 77% of the time which is the lowest of our midfielders. (Abdi highest at 90%)

Our other most played wide man, Wallace, keeps it 80% of the time. The real difference being that not only does Wallace keep the ball better he does so whilst being more positive with the ball.  Despite having less minutes than Reach on the pitch he has created 62 chances whilst Reach has only created 40.

Reach is simply busy but completely ineffectual.