BRIGHTON

10 minutes ago, Almat said:

Hughton has been in his job 6 months longer than CC, but both have had 2 full seasons. I know which one of them I'd be happier to see in the home dug out at Hillsborough and anyone who doesn't agree is deluded. Never going to happen, of course. 

You want us to sell Hillsborough to Brighton? 

1 hour ago, Cosmo said:

If we swapped managers we'd swap positions. Brighton are no better than us on the pitch 

This is where I feel the 'Carlos Out' brigade need a reality check.

As the OP said, Brighton were top 2 for so long last season. They missed out to us. Carlos was our manager & Houghton theirs.

Were Brighton fans calling for Houghton to be sacked? No.

This season again they dominate the top 2 but now suddenly find themselves in poor form. Are Brighton fans calling for Houghton to be sacked? No.

Houghton took charge in December 2014 & has spent over £19m. He took charge of a decent squad at that time too. A club who were already heading in the right direction with a solid infrastructure.

Carlos has so far spent approx £23m with another £6-8m to be added in the summer (Rhodes). It's really not that much more. Our club was way behind Brighton both on & off the pitch at that time.

This season we have been without Lee & Hooper for the most part. Do you really think Brighton would have done as well without Stephens & Murray for the same time?

Lees missed 9 games & we suffered. Funnily enough Brightons form has dipped in turn with Duffy being injured.

Forestieri has played 10 games less than Knockaert this season... despite everyone raving about the Knockaert their stats are not dissimilar. So imagine if Fessi had played those extra games & maybe swung a few results in our favour.

Carlos when you look at it isn't doing too bad. Certainly not that much worse, if at all, than Houghton.

45 minutes ago, Almat said:

Hughton has been in his job 6 months longer than CC, but both have had 2 full seasons. I know which one of them I'd be happier to see in the home dug out at Hillsborough and anyone who doesn't agree is deluded. Never going to happen, of course. 

I think Hughton is a good manager and also a decent bloke, but his stats are no better than CCs and in a lot of cases a lot worse.

No doubt people will rubbish stats as being irrelevant and when they show CC in a positive light, then they won't mean a thing.

When they show him in a negative light they'll be God given proof that they are confirmation of that point of view.

PS Hughton's record at Brighton is good but his previous isn't anything to write home about. Hence him being shuffled around various clubs in recent times.

He's not Carlos though, so in some people's eyes he must be good.

PPs Love how anyone who disagree's with you has to be deluded.

59 minutes ago, Almat said:

Just seen some billy goats heading for your bridge lol

1 hour ago, Almat said:

In the home dugout there should be but one man.

#themessiah 

garymegson

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Given the choice of  Brighton or Huddersfield finishing 3rd and us playing one of them I would much rather play Huddersfield. 

Yeah but Udders are unbeaten in 4370 games 

12 minutes ago, runningaround said:

Brighton won't finish 3rd it's simple 

No they won't but I think they are lucky they haven't got anyone better than Huddersfield chasing them. If there was 2 other really strong teams like last year I wouldn't fancy their chances. Everyone keeps saying how Brighton have kicked on compared to last season whereas we haven't. But personally I don't think they are any better than last year.

1 hour ago, Almat said:

Except you would have wanted him out after last season's failure

2 hours ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Last season for majority of it they were in the top 2 positions an towards then end they slipped into 3rd and missed out on PREM by a few goals 

This is wrong. Brighton slipped out of the top 2 by the half way stage last season and never got back in. They had a very good start to the season but suffered a severe blip over December and January, and after 26 games were in 6th, 11 points behind Middlesbrough having played a game more (and only 2 points in front if Wednesday). 

11 minutes ago, BHA83 said:

This is wrong. Brighton slipped out of the top 2 by the half way stage last season and never got back in. They had a very good start to the season but suffered a severe blip over December and January, and after 26 games were in 6th, 11 points behind Middlesbrough having played a game more (and only 2 points in front if Wednesday). 

Then went on a run to get back into 3rd ?

43 minutes ago, ramone said:

You're joking aren't you... the best away day I've ever been on

Yes and no. Wouldn't have missed it for the world and what a night just nearly came to blows with a few Brighton fans which I could have done without.