The Next 4 Games

From this point last season we won 12 points from our final 8 matches, starting with...

Udders W

Blackburn W

Bristol C L

Ipswich D

I would be very happy with two wins and a draw from our four matches this time, given our current form and lack of confidence.

I did that predictor thing and got

Barnsley draw

Roverham win

Newcastle loss

Cardiff win

It's after that where i predicted we would drop out of the playoffs by the end.

I think 7 points is more than achievable,hopefully current form goes out of the window after a two week break. We just have to cash in on the rotherham situation and to a certain Extent barnsley. 

Newcastle is a free hit in front of a near full house so who knows.

Looking further ahead Cardiff, QPR, Ipswich and Derby all look tricky but i cant help feeling the later in the season you play these 'nothing to play for' sides the better our chances become. Cardiff have been on a great run but it's so difficult for them and QPR to maintain that form the closer you get to May.

Just look at us in previous seasons (pre chansiri) we would have a dogs dinner of a run until xmas, go on playoff form around feb, march time then limp over the line when we know our job is done. So hopefully Derby, Ipswich QPR and cardiff are all limping pretty soon!

18 hours ago, Pacifier said:

So, splitting the last 8 games in half, the next 2 games are local derbies away from home, followed by Newcastle and Cardiff at Hillsborough.

With Wednesday being Wednesday, we have absoloutely no idea what will come from these. But personally, I don't see any reason we shouldn't be picking up 9/10 points from these 4. Barnsley and Rotherham will both be mad up for it, but they are both very winnable games with the form they are both in. Barnsley winning 1 in 11, and Rotherham haven't won in their last 12. Then a very difficult game with Newcastle at home, with Colin's Cardiff coming after, which on paper we should be looking at no less than 3 points here. 

Barnsley (A) - Win

Rotherham (A) - Win

Newcastle (H) - Draw

Cardiff (H) - Win

Would be brilliant to hit a bit of form coming in to the last few games, and fingers crossed the play-offs.

I'd say, on current form, Barnsley - Draw, Rotherham - Win, Newcastle - Loss, Cardiff (Colinho) - Loss. 4 points, 5 at most if we scrape a draw against Cardiff. I can't see Fulham slipping up every game, so we'll be out of the play-offs by the end of this sequence of games. Considering what we've spent, and the firepower we have, it's scandalous. Especially when you look at Leeds, 'Udders and Reading.

It is Rotherhams cup final, the last thing to give fans something to cheer about, so anything can happen

Barnsley, again local derby, so anything can happen

Newcastle, depend which two teams turn up, or more likely which one turns up

Cardiff, Warnock knows what to do against us.

difficult to predict any one of the four, could win or lose each of them

Guest RocketOwl
On 20/03/2017 at 11:31, robowl4life said:

Barnsley (A) - Draw

Rotherham (A) - Win

Newcastle (H) - Lose

Cardiff (H) - Draw

I'd obviously like us to win all 4 but realistically I think 5 points altogether. Barnsley will be wanting revenge for us nicking Winnall and tbf aren't a bad side.

Rotherham are really poor, again they'll be up for it but we should beat them.

Can't see us getting anything against Newcastle unfortunately. 

Then Cardiff have Warnock in charge, who will be relishing a trip up here. 

Newcastle are not in fantastic form and couldn't beat Birmingham away who average.

Barnsley have also suffered a dip and Winnall should be up for that game.

We will beat Rotherham and Cardiff. So I can see us winning all 4.

On 20/03/2017 at 11:41, steelcityowlsfan said:

Rotherham could be down already but will no doubt raise their game for us. 

If we don't can't win at Rotherham, then in truth we don't deserve a play off spot. 

Barnsley will be tricky but they will come at us which could suit our game more. 

Newcastle will be very tough be we showed we can beat them.

Cardiff have Warnock who loves to put one over on us.

Predictions:

Rotherham win

Barnsley win

Newcastle lose

Cardiff win

9 points.  

spot on

On 3/20/2017 at 11:02, Pacifier said:

So, splitting the last 8 games in half, the next 2 games are local derbies away from home, followed by Newcastle and Cardiff at Hillsborough.

With Wednesday being Wednesday, we have absoloutely no idea what will come from these. But personally, I don't see any reason we shouldn't be picking up 9/10 points from these 4. Barnsley and Rotherham will both be mad up for it, but they are both very winnable games with the form they are both in. Barnsley winning 1 in 11, and Rotherham haven't won in their last 12. Then a very difficult game with Newcastle at home, with Colin's Cardiff coming after, which on paper we should be looking at no less than 3 points here. 

Barnsley (A) - Win

Rotherham (A) - Win

Newcastle (H) - Draw

Cardiff (H) - Win

Would be brilliant to hit a bit of form coming in to the last few games, and fingers crossed the play-offs.

If you honesty believe that then I genuinely fear for you.

On 3/20/2017 at 11:09, Greenhgate Owl said:

we should be getting minimum 9 points but we won't,id say 4 at best

On 3/20/2017 at 11:20, Adam1867 said:

Barnsley - Lose

Rotherham - Draw

Newcastle Lose

Cardiff - Lose

1 Point

You lads should know better. People don't like to hear the truth on here.

2 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

You lads should know better. People don't like to hear the truth on here.

We have never really had a sustained run of bad form under Carlos so I'm expecting a response. Particularly as we will hopefully have a few players back from injury. Obviously the last 3 results have been poor. However whilst the performances have been far from great they haven't been all that bad either. It's been small margins likes all season so with the rub of the green we could easily get a good points haul.

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

We have never really had a sustained run of bad form under Carlos so I'm expecting a response. Particularly as we will hopefully have a few players back from injury. Obviously the last 3 results have been poor. However whilst the performances have been far from great they haven't been all that bad either. It's been small margins likes all season so with the rub of the green we could easily get a good points haul.

I wish I could feel the same but lets look at it objectively.

I'm going to Jokewell but it will be a cauldron of hate for Winnall on and off the pitch. The Dingles will be well up for it and full of fight, they will be desperate to beat us especially after what happend at Hillsborough. I just dont think we'll be able to match their team spirit and fight.

Mini-Pigs - Realistically the only game that they will want to win at home all season it will be their World Cup, Champions League and whatever else rolled into one. Those scrubby c u n t s hate us that much that if you said at the beginning of the season that they could beat us at home 2-0 but would go down they would have taken it. Again, it's a Derby and they will have more fight than us, they might not beat us but our soft underbelly will be exposed and we won't get all 3 points.

Newcastle - I genuinely fear the worst. They will want revenge for Boxing day.

Cardiff - A side managed by Colin what else can we expect but f u c k all.

One point from 12, maybe 4. Not that it'll stop me going to all 4 games by the way. I'll be doing my bit, just hope Carlos and the lads do theirs.

2 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

I wish I could feel the same but lets look at it objectively.

I'm going to Jokewell but it will be a cauldron of hate for Winnall on and off the pitch. The Dingles will be well up for it and full of fight, they will be desperate to beat us especially after what happend at Hillsborough. I just dont think we'll be able to match their team spirit and fight.

Mini-Pigs - Realistically the only game that they will want to win at home all season it will be their World Cup, Champions League and whatever else rolled into one. Those scrubby c u n t s hate us that much that if you said at the beginning of the season that they could beat us at home 2-0 but would go down they would have taken it. Again, it's a Derby and they will have more fight than us, they might not beat us but our soft underbelly will be exposed and we won't get all 3 points.

Newcastle - I genuinely fear the worst. They will want revenge for Boxing day.

Cardiff - A side managed by Colin what else can we expect but f u c k all.

One point from 12, maybe 4. Not that it'll stop me going to all 4 games by the way. I'll be doing my bit, just hope Carlos and the lads do theirs.

Haha cheer up mate lol. That's definitely more pessemistic than objective!