New manager

19 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Can you stop with this Kickaball nonsense ?

IMG_7059.thumb.JPG.d304f1d14588b396570f8e423b1d08be.JPG

NO!, it's just a bit of fun, if you remember the Fast show, you will remember a foreign managerial character called Carlos Kickaball.

Any way I would not dream of calling him 'Carlos' as if he were a personal friend.

On 18/03/2017 at 00:28, TINKERBELL said:

Daft as it sounds. Colin

We wouldn't be a soft touch that's for sure

Obviously Colin could never come to Hillsborough, however I hate to say it, but we'd be in the top two if he'd been with us all season given the investment in the Club.  

Id rather wait till the summer.

Carlos has had us playing well before.

If he can get us playing to that standard again we stand a chance of promotion although it would be hard to beat Leeds or Huddersfield i think. Reading i think we could probably scrape past them.

I think we need some different kind of players in the team for next year. A better balance. Players like Lee who we've badly missed and a bigger physical presence.

I don't think we have the right balance even though we have some fantastic players and it would be hard for a new man to come in and change things round to how he would do things.

Probably stand more chance with Carlos going into these last games.

Not confident tbh but i think Carlos has earnt a bit of slack.

On 3/17/2017 at 19:26, stevewhiterose said:

I just wondered who, if anyone, could get us promoted with only 8 league matches left, considering the mess we're in at the moment?

Carlos.

Talk of getting rid of him is just short sighted. 

Patience is a virtue. And bumps in the road are just that, bumps. 

Roll on Barnsley...  

On 18/03/2017 at 12:01, shezzas left peg said:

Maybe would be a good shout and would hopefully allow our flair /attacking  players to express themselves more, but would he have the managerial experience to get the job done?? 

I'm never sure how much experience is really needed to be a success as a head coach. Of course people should improve with age but then look at Monk (Swansea) and Stam and Wagner (also Heckingbottom etc etc).  I think you either have it to be a good coach or you don't (it seems to be something G Neville learned in Spain - he has said)

I heard football people talking about Giggs saying they think he'd be a good manager of Man Utd one day. So they feel he's got something about him. And when he took over from Moyes he was able to release the shackles a bit and they scored more goals in those games 

I certainly wouldn't complain if Chansiri did his research behind the scenes and found Giggs is a good attacking coach and wanted to bring him in one day. 

Swansea played pragmatic football like us under Portuguese man Sousa, then replaced him with Rodgers who got them scoring more goals. It's starting to feel like we're in a similiar situation now 

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I'm never sure how much experience is really needed to be a success as a head coach. Of course people should improve with age but then look at Monk (Swansea) and Stam and Wagner (also Heckingbottom etc etc).  I think you either have it to be a good coach or you don't (it seems to be something G Neville learned in Spain - he has said)

I heard football people talking about Giggs saying they think he'd be a good manager of Man Utd one day. So they feel he's got something about him. And when he took over from Moyes he was able to release the shackles a bit and they scored more goals in those games 

I certainly wouldn't complain if Chansiri did his research behind the scenes and found Giggs is a good attacking coach and wanted to bring him in one day. 

Swansea played pragmatic football like us under Portuguese man Sousa, then replaced him with Rodgers who got them scoring more goals. It's starting to feel like we're in a similiar situation now 

There do seem to be comparable bud, my only risk with Giggs is the championship is a completely different animal from the prem and he's never experienced it. Maybe if we were mid table and looking to get something building like when we brought CC in without so much pressure on succes, he'd be a good shout and still think he will become a good manager, but if we are to make a change so late in the campaign we need a more experienced campaigner, a Holloway, pulis type of guy to pull us over the line. 

4 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

There do seem to be comparable bud, my only risk with Giggs is the championship is a completely different animal from the prem and he's never experienced it. Maybe if we were mid table and looking to get something building like when we brought CC in without so much pressure on succes, he'd be a good shout and still think he will become a good manager, but if we are to make a change so late in the campaign we need a more experienced campaigner, a Holloway, pulis type of guy to pull us over the line. 

Fair point, I've said elsewhere that if Chansiri replaced Carlos now for the sole purpose of getting promoted this season then Pearson is probably the best candidate as he has experience of getting a team promoted from this league and for getting a team motivated to put a run of wins together (when Leicester escaped relegation from the prem). 

But if we wanted to look long term as we dont feel Carlos is going to change his philosophy then Giggs may be on the list that day 

Pearson, Warnock, Redknapp are my preferences, in that order.

For now though, CC has to have until the end of the season. Otherwise you know what we'd be like....we'd lump the blame for not getting promoted on the new manager when they only had 8 games to sort sh*t out!

16 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Pearson, Warnock, Redknapp are my preferences, in that order.

For now though, CC has to have until the end of the season. Otherwise you know what we'd be like....we'd lump the blame for not getting promoted on the new manager when they only had 8 games to sort sh*t out!

Nice one mate, looks like you've just got yourself an HAT TRICK of NO's there.        UTO 

On 18.3.2017 at 01:36, tuttuttut said:

Could actually season Megson doing it but.....

Give Brian laws it as caretaker, he loved to attack and get the wingers involved.

He nearly did it with a bottom half team and no budget and Jeffers,  give him this team and Rhodes.

He gets teams playing and with the quality we have he would get the finishing touches. 

:tango:

11 hours ago, kevtheowl said:

Nice one mate, looks like you've just got yourself an HAT TRICK of NO's there.        UTO 

Ironically, I genuinely think that all of them could do better in the short term than Charlie. We've just had one win in six, I repeat, one win in six. Soon to be one win in seven. It's not whether they'd be good managers for ever and a day, it's about somebody new coming in, energizing the squad, playing with tactics unfamiliar to our opponents, and having a honeymoon period for the rest of the season. We just want promotion and the £150 million prize money. What happens thereafter matters not.