New manager

9 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Pearson was my favourite Wednesday player in the late 80s/early 90s. Would I want him as manager? No. When you look back at that Wednesday side, none of them have gone on to have glittering managerial careers have they? Pearson, Wilson, Francis, Sheridan?

Fair point but you're wrong about Pearson in my opinion. He saved Southampton from certain relegation and was unfairly sacked at the end of the season. He also was in charge of Carlisle when the goalkeeper scored and they stayed up

he also got Leicester promoted and then miraculously stay in the premier league 

Was so so at hull and a none starter at Derby. 

Norwich or boro will probably bring him in on a short term deal soon enough 

Edited by Southie_Owl

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Fair point but you're wrong about Pearson in my opinion. He saved Southampton from certain relegation and was unfairly sacked at the end of the season. He also was in charge of Carlisle when the goalkeeper scored and they stayed up

Not forgetting his spell as caretaker at WBA. 4 games - won 3, drew 1. Even as a player I always thought he was a good manager in the making. He seemed to have the right combination of intelligence, leadership and motivation.

13 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Like when his team got battered at Stevenage you mean?

Megson is a yesteryear manager. 

Modern players, rightly or wrongly don't react to his type of mangement.

Colin seems to do very well with a similar approach. What he's done in the last 2 seasons in this league has been nothing short of extraordinary.

Edited by Almat

3 hours ago, stevewhiterose said:

Just look at what's happening at Leicester. I like Carlos but as we've seen, there's no place for sentiment in football. I'm afraid that i don't think we'll go up under Carlos so DC might as well gamble.

Well we were all shocked and horrified when Milan dumped Meg's and brought Jones in (I never liked him or rated him) but he got the job done. Maybe as they say a change is as good as a rest? 

17 minutes ago, Almat said:

Colin seems to do very well with a similar approach. What he's done in the last 2 seasons in this league has been nothing short of extraordinary.

He's done well at getting/keeping teams out of the relegation zone. I've yet to see any of his sides competing for the promotion/play-off places.

Edited by roaminowl

Some on here calling for people who've never really managed before in Giggs and Neville. While I'd like to see a young manager I just don't think we're in the position of bringing someone in (should Carlos even go) who needs to cut their managerial teeth. I say keep Carlos on until the end of the campaign and if needed bring someone in early Summer. There may be a few more names available to call upon then.

10 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

He's done well at getting/keeping teams out of the relegation zone. I've yet to see any of his sides competing for the promotion/play-off places.

Apart from qpr winning the league at a canter of course.

Also, should we ever go up with Carlos, I can't see him doing that well in the PL and most promoted managers lose their jobs at some point within the following season. I like the Carlos love but we also need to be realistic long term.

1 minute ago, MuppetSpotter said:

Jesus H...

people on here suggesting Warnock (wtf??!!) Laws! (Lol) Megson ( get a grip you ponce) Sturrock (I actually laughed out loud at that one) 

You think these choices are an improvement on Carlos? Fuc ki ng hell haha!!

If you are referring to my post I certainly wasn't suggesting him, my point was made in response to the poster suggesting modern players don't respond to the more rumbustuous managers like Megson. Warnock is of that ilk and has, in the last 2 seasons saved Rotherham from almost certain relegation and improved Cardiff immeasurably.

1 minute ago, Almat said:

Warnock is of that ilk and has, in the last 2 seasons saved Rotherham from almost certain relegation and improved Cardiff immeasurably.

I hate to admit it, but he has something to offer.

Speaking of which (and I feel a bit nauseous even thinking about it) where's Steve Evans these days?

I think I'd better lie down for a while.......

53 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Was so so at hull and a none starter at Derby. 

Norwich or boro will probably bring him in on a short term deal soon enough 

As you say maybe a good appointment. For me if we brought Nigel in I'd have him as a director of football /manager and give him control of things, but see if we could bring in a younger up and coming manager from lower leagues to run alongside him so that when Nige does implode, has inevitably he always does, we've someone in place to keep us going. Your old school Wednesday like me,back from mid eighties. Remember Charlton doing that with Steve gritt and Alan curbishly??? When gritt whent curbs whent on to do a fantastic job for years. 

Edited by shezzas left peg