New manager

On 19/03/2017 at 09:58, Gingernuts said:

Obviously Colin could never come to Hillsborough, however I hate to say it, but we'd be in the top two if he'd been with us all season given the investment in the Club.  

Aye, Colinho would soon have this lot sorted out. Fire and brimstone.

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

Ironically, I genuinely think that all of them could do better in the short term than Charlie. We've just had one win in six, I repeat, one win in six. Soon to be one win in seven. It's not whether they'd be good managers for ever and a day, it's about somebody new coming in, energizing the squad, playing with tactics unfamiliar to our opponents, and having a honeymoon period for the rest of the season. We just want promotion and the £150 million prize money. What happens thereafter matters not.

Not getting into any discussion on management changes, at the moment I'm in the Carlos camp. But the three managers mentioned, 1,  would not manage us while he lives in Sheffield, 2, would take us down with a smile, 3, he would just want a backhander for his dog.   

UTO 

10 hours ago, Gingernuts said:

Yes, Agreed.  Maybe I'm wrong but his overall record at Championship level is annoyingly impressive.  

It is indeed. Currently a 48% win record with Cardiff City in 26 games. Kept Toytown up last season when I'm sure no other manager could have. Yes, he's a confirmed Blade but unless you are totally deluded you have to say he's a brilliant manager, especially in the Championship and below. 

On 18.3.2017 at 01:26, stevewhiterose said:

I just wondered who, if anyone, could get us promoted with only 8 league matches left, considering the mess we're in at the moment?

A free playing team, lead by Bullen / Rhodes sr. for example. Or Pearson, Megson or Warnock as others have suggested.

On 3/18/2017 at 00:26, stevewhiterose said:

I just wondered who, if anyone, could get us promoted with only 8 league matches left, considering the mess we're in at the moment?

Why is this even a thread?

On 18/03/2017 at 00:31, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Oh tinks

He's 100% pork, and can never be seen with an Owl on his chest

...and his skill set is keeping teams out of trouble these days not getting them promoted

12 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Ironically, I genuinely think that all of them could do better in the short term than Charlie. We've just had one win in six, I repeat, one win in six. Soon to be one win in seven. It's not whether they'd be good managers for ever and a day, it's about somebody new coming in, energizing the squad, playing with tactics unfamiliar to our opponents, and having a honeymoon period for the rest of the season. We just want promotion and the £150 million prize money. What happens thereafter matters not.

Now you're calling him Charlie :columbo:

C'mon out with it. Is it because he's not English?

7 hours ago, Almat said:

It is indeed. Currently a 48% win record with Cardiff City in 26 games. Kept Toytown up last season when I'm sure no other manager could have. Yes, he's a confirmed Blade but unless you are totally deluded you have to say he's a brilliant manager, especially in the Championship and below. 

So he hasn't failed anywhere?  If he has why do you put so much store in him? 

On 18/03/2017 at 00:26, stevewhiterose said:

Play off finalist last season, play off position with 8 games to go this season. A lot of clubs would like to be in a mess like this.

lol

4 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

Play off finalist last season, play off position with 8 games to go this season. A lot of clubs would like to be in a mess like this.

lol

True.

But when they buy Forestieri, Wallace, Hooper, Bannan, Fletcher, Rhodes, Winnall, Abdi, Reach, and loan Macca and Buckley, they too would expect far more than what we have seen this season, and at the very least be entrenched firmly in the play-offs.

On 3/18/2017 at 00:26, stevewhiterose said:

6th place is a mess ...., just ask all the teams below us.!!!

Warnock - Leaving aside the fact that he goes on and on about what a big Blade he is, he wouldn't come. He has the comfort of a contract with the leek munchers and has the kudos of getting them out of relegation with decent prospects for next season. Why risk that for a very high risk short term move to Hillsborough?

Pearson - Lives in Fulwood and has said he wouldn't want to manage in Sheffield. He's out of work so might be more flexible but he will certainly rub some up the wrong way. If it is underperforming players then fine, but equally it could be DC. Wasn't the racist thing with his son at Leicester, aimed at Thais? That might not go down too well.

Megson - As Pearson (lives in Sheffield and out of work) but not sure he would be high profile enough for DC.

Carlos - In work with a club in 6th position and a great prospect of the playoffs. Currently living in Sheffield and living and breathing SWFC. Sounds like the ideal candidate to me.....

42 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

True.

But when they buy Forestieri, Wallace, Hooper, Bannan, Fletcher, Rhodes, Winnall, Abdi, Reach, and loan Macca and Buckley, they too would expect far more than what we have seen this season, and at the very least be entrenched firmly in the play-offs.

Forestieri's season was scuppered by a man some want to replace Carlos. Also been injured

Hooper - injured

Abdii - Injured

Buckley - injured

Fletcher - took a nasty gash to the head in his 1st game, was looking very good prior to that

Rhodes - only just got here after sitting on his backside all season

Winnall - only just got here.

On should didn't mention who is a huge part of our team - Lee. 

We've been very unfortunate with injuries, which I suspect you already know but doesn't fit your agenda against Carlos

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign

16 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

Warnock - Leaving aside the fact that he goes on and on about what a big Blade he is, he wouldn't come. He has the comfort of a contract with the leek munchers and has the kudos of getting them out of relegation with decent prospects for next season. Why risk that for a very high risk short term move to Hillsborough?

Pearson - Lives in Fulwood and has said he wouldn't want to manage in Sheffield. He's out of work so might be more flexible but he will certainly rub some up the wrong way. If it is underperforming players then fine, but equally it could be DC. Wasn't the racist thing with his son at Leicester, aimed at Thais? That might not go down too well.

Megson - As Pearson (lives in Sheffield and out of work) but not sure he would be high profile enough for DC.

Carlos - In work with a club in 6th position and a great prospect of the playoffs. Currently living in Sheffield and living and breathing SWFC. Sounds like the ideal candidate to me.....

Great post 

1 hour ago, Holmes said:

So he hasn't failed anywhere?  If he has why do you put so much store in him? 

Of course he has. But, in a very long managerial career managing mostly unglamorous/skint clubs he's done very very well. And if he was a confirmed Owl the response to him on here would be wholly different. And that's where the delusion comes in.

PS Do you put such store in Carlos? 

6 minutes ago, Almat said:

Of course he has. But, in a very long managerial career managing mostly unglamorous/skint clubs he's done very very well. And if he was a confirmed Owl the response to him on here would be wholly different. And that's where the delusion comes in.

PS Do you put such store in Carlos? 

I know of several pigs who're split on him. 

There are some mangers that fit perfectly with clubs and some that are complete opposites and should never be anywhere near em. Colin is the latter for us.

Colin is a happy, having a laugh bloke when it's all going well for him. The results go the other way and he's an embarrssing Cnut. It's a no from me.