McGugan

7 hours ago, Bodhidharma said:

That's what I'm saying.

It's a fan rumour. 

Starts at one club and spreads to another. A convenient explanation.

I doubt anyone saying those things has based it on direct evidence.

I mean the evidence I've seen is laughable...things like someone on here saying he wouldn't shake Carlos' hand coming off the pitch. Cr4p like that. 

In this article, Steve Cotterill mentions Lewis work ethic

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11686/7356347/mcgugan-gets-cotterill-backing

Gary Birtles talks about his attitude

http://m.nottinghampost.com/garry-birtles-question-marks-lewis-mcgugan/story-24568289-detail/story.html

Two sets of fans say same too, surely not all can be wrong? 

Two articles questioning attitude and hard work.

It could be he's just not Carlos type of player even though he has undoubted talent, he may need to channel it different.

8 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

McGugan should never get a look in whilst ever 2 of Hutch, Lee, Abdi, Bannan or Jones are available. 

However as 3 of these are out, I think this would be a suitable situation to have him

on the bench. But then again I have no idea what the injury situation is re the likes of Abdi. Sigh. 

while jones and bannan are available? what goal threat do they give? if those 2 play in centre midfield till end of season I can 100% assure you we wont make playoffs . get mcgugan involved now.

8 hours ago, Bodhidharma said:

The bad attitude label is just a story. I don't think it is true. It' a typical thing that fans speculate based on little evidence. Putting two and two together and coming up with a rumour that seems to fit; Bad boy, renegade etc.

I remember him desperate to please Carlos last season but Carlos having other ideas. Now at the time I kind of agreed because Keiran Lee was amazing and deserved to play ahead of him.

This season is different though. Keiran lee is out, so McGugan should have been brought back into the fray months ago.

The reason he hasn't (and this is me speculating) is Carlos' stubbornness. 

McGugan scores goals. He can shoot. He takes a mean free kick. Bannan does NONE of those things well. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he has been in an intensive training plan since Lee or Abdi were ruled out. So he may well have been back in the fray as you put it. 

7 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

while jones and bannan are available? what goal threat do they give? if those 2 play in centre midfield till end of season I can 100% assure you we wont make playoffs . get mcgugan involved now.

i'd like to think you'd agree with me that mcgugan cant play jones defensive role so he's unlikely to replace him .so for him to get into the side he'd have replace bannan and unless he's injured that's not going to happen .....looks like we are going to miss out then .

Why are people still insisting Mcgugan "refused to play where asked"

The manager has even said he thought LM was a no10 and realised he isn't and there was a mutual agreement that he couldn't play there. Hardly a big F U to the manager is it? If he had refused to play we wouldn't have seen him in the cups last season. 

The main reason he's been frozen out (harshly in my view) is because we want to move him on.

If he gets another chance, shows he's willing to graft a bit and it pays dividends, i'll be delighted. 

If he doesn't, one assumes someone else will and we move on.

Can never work out why everything becomes overly divisive and people go in one camp or another. Surely the bigger picture is way more important. If McGugan can contribute to this then so be it and hallelujah.

Suddenly though, McGugan is the answer to all our prayers and CC hasn't a clue for not playing him, or the flip side, he's a narky, idle, no mark.

He is one small piece of a jigsaw that may fit or may not, Cc will see him in training every day and bases his opinions on that. If anyone thinks CC would let him rot in the background if he thought he could suddenly transform our fortunes (and CCs) because he is on some sort of 'black list', they are seriously deluded.

Wouldn't mind seeing him get another go, but who would rule out that some of the 'usuals' on here who have been presenting him as the 'second coming' and have been slagging CC for not playing him will, in 3 weeks, be calling for him to be ex communicated and deported to Albania "cos he's dog sh*te" (or some other equally profound description).

Mindful of some of the articles posted earlier. Three from Swfc.

The first being a pointer that it's more about style wanting more athletic and aggressive midfielders and the other suggested he was training well and part of the team.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/14/carlos-carvalhal-on-his-decision-to-drop-lewis-mcgugan-from-squa/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-owls-dismiss-mcgugan-rift-talk-1-7467716/amp

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/mcgugan-back-in-frame-as-owls-seek-rare-win-1-7469623

So if he refused or rejected the chance to play where asked to the point of fall out I doubt we'd have seen him picked at all last season, or seen giving the manager a hug at Shrewsbury after scoring.

Obviously this was over a year ago and who knows what happened since but I think it's misleading to keep talking about him refusing to do the job asked as the reason for all this. On the Sheffield Live programme this season it was again mentioned that it was down to style of play rather than personality but from the outside our style looks more suitable this year.

What has always been evident though even at Watford and Forest is that he's an individual who likes to do it himself, but Watford as a team under Zola underperformed that season. They then switched to a different style more akin to what CC did last season.

Edited by Bluesteel

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

So were still in 6th without McGugan having kicked a ball. 

But I guess Burnley had no chance with not enough goals in CM from Barton & Jones last year. 

Middlesborough had no chance with Clayton and Leadbitter

Hull with Livermore and Huddlestone? 

Brighton this year with Stephens/Sidwell or Norwood/Kayal? These have 4 goals between them this season

I could go on all day. Whilst i prefer an Abdi over a Bannan when fit, your logic is flawed. 

No-one on here knows what his attitude is like and has been like over the time he has been here. Neither do they know what his footballing form or fitness has been like.

One person who does know these things is Carlos and he has believed so far that it would not benefit the team for him to be involved.

Trust in the coach!

12 hours ago, elvin parsnip said:

If Mcmanaman is fit and jones gets injured  CC will just put Wallace in the middle and Macca on the right 

I'm a big fan of Wallace and I'd love to see him in the middle or in a free role

He often drifts out of games when he's just asked to patrol up and down the wing

He's a very clever player, and while I don't know if a move to the middle would suit him, I'd love to see Carlos try him there

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

11 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

I'm a big fan of Wallace and I'd love to see him in the middle or in a free role

He often drifts out of games when he's just asked to patrol up and down the wing

He's a very clever player, and while I don't know if a move to the middle would suit him, I'd love to see Carlos try him there

I think CC has put him in the middle for last 10 mins already this season and he seemed ok there