Blackburn tonight....

2 hours ago, OneDavidHirst said:

It's like I keep telling all the mouthy pigs I work with....that game is a complete irrelevance to me. By full time on Friday we will be  up in 5th place, the highest we've been in months. Then the pressure is back on all the other pretenders the following day.

Chill.

Saved me the time & effort of writing exactly the same.

Well done mate.

Loads of games to be won & lost, tonight's just one more.

Ps Where were all the experts who are now seemingly obsessed with Barcelona (sorry meant Fulham) a few weeks ago? Don't think anyone on here had ever F****n heard of them!!   Couple of good games and PANIC, best side in the history of the world.

Same as the Manager stakes, all so reactive.  

A Manager slightly over achieves playing dour sh*t football and scoring only from set pieces. "GET ROWETT IN".

One day maybe, one day, someone will come up with an original thought or suggestion before the event and not in hindsight.

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Just cant see Blackburn getting owt tonight, Fulham are a class above them. 

Hope im wrong 

It would be a surprise but I thought Blackburn were OK at Hillsborough and with a bit of luck could spring that surprise. Even if Fulham win 5-0 there's no need to panic.

I bet Gray will be laughing if Fulham push us out of the play-offs. People say it would be unjust to give Carlos his marching orders. For me, sacking Gray was one of the most unjust dismissals I can remember our making. If he'd not kept us up against all the odds, then it's unlikely Chansiri would ever have come here. And getting a squad like that to mid-table, especially after losing Antonio at the beginning of the season, was tremendous. The strange thing is that the type of game Carlos is trying to play now was exactly the type of football Gray excelled at. All he needed was a strike force to finish it off, and I wonder what he thinks when he sees this squad of players. We'd got the defensive and discipline aspect of the game absolutely right, we just needed a bit more quality to supplement it. I think he'd have done a Karanka, given the chance.

2 hours ago, thebrap11 said:

They weren't that poor against us 

When will people realise there are no walkover's in this league and i include Rotherham.

Every team can give every other team a game.

This was the assumption when we played Burton that they would let us romp it.

Even the so called poor teams make it difficult. 

I think Fulham beat Blackburn tonight by the odd goal but am hopeful we can turn Reading over on Friday.  Reading lost last 3 away games. For me, Fulham will make the top 6 at season end and it's up to us to Pip either Reading or Leeds for the final spot.  Once in the play-offs we could beat or lose to any of them.

Would be good to get a head of steam up in last few games like last year.

UTO!

Anyone else glad Sasso is suspended?

To me, we've been conceding way too many free headers and it always seems to me that it's Sasso who's lost his man, or just hasn't jumped, or just ducked (like at Leeds).  Abaaaaaaaaat time we sold one of our legion of strikers and got some reliable cover in defence.

12 minutes ago, oucheeeeee said:

Anyone else glad Sasso is suspended?

To me, we've been conceding way too many free headers and it always seems to me that it's Sasso who's lost his man, or just hasn't jumped, or just ducked (like at Leeds).  Abaaaaaaaaat time we sold one of our legion of strikers and got some reliable cover in defence.

No. Just you.

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

tonight will show the difference between ourselves and fulham

they'll batter blackburn, whilst if we were up against them at home on a tues night with the chance to go sixth, we'd bottle it and draw or lose 

Let's not go overboard. Remember we have been above Fulham for almost the entireity of the season. If they win this they will be 1 point ahead of us. There really isn't much of a difference.