Aston Villa vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Bedwetters and wrist skitters enjoyed today, you can tell by the "told you so" glee in their posts!

Just now, Athelwulf said:

Those who back Carlos think they're helping, but they're not. There are too many fans relying on blind faith, rather than what's before their eyes. If we keep Carlos we won't go up. I wouldn't put a penny piece on it. It's foolish to put a manager before a club. Had a decent PL club come in for Carlos, he'd have gone. If only Mandaric were still here.

You're all mental. Neither side of this "divide" is right. It's opinion, they are like arsèholes, we all have one. Nobody else's opinion is more valuable than another's.

Some think Carlos should go, some want him to stay. Get over it you nutbars.

Let'sforget about zfulham and focus on catching Readig; they're losing 3-0 to Preston and look the more likely candidate to miss out on play offs. We must win that game, i don't give a bobbar if your hamstring is 90% healed; if you really are a Wednesday player tou get yourself back on your feet this week. Roll call ffs!

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Those who back Carlos think they're helping, but they're not. There are too many fans relying on blind faith, rather than what's before their eyes. If we keep Carlos we won't go up. I wouldn't put a penny piece on it. It's foolish to put a manager before a club. Had a decent PL club come in for Carlos, he'd have gone. If only Mandaric were still here.

TBF, if Mandric was still here we wouldn't be in the position and with the players that we are..

But I take your point..

Just now, Athelwulf said:

Agreed.

Treading water all season, now the pressure's on more than ever. Has Carlos got the nerve for it? His actions and reactions of late suggest not.

A big big game on Friday, we'll see who in our squad is truly up for the fight.

End of day, Villa are a MASSIVE club, with good players and manager. We can't moan

One thing is for sure, Fulham have very much caught us and Reading up. Has our luck ran out? Or has our average performances and crap tactics caught up we us?

Edited by Dylan93

1 minute ago, Dylan93 said:

End of day, Villa are a MASSIVE club, with good players and manager. We can't moan

One thing is for sure, Fulham have very much caught us and Reading up. Has our luck ran out?

It's not luck. Our poor season is catching up with us.

7 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Can't be a more stupid post,calling for the manager to be sacked ffs

FT 2-0

Been a tough afternoon all round.  

We were up against it from the off,  ref has had a big influence on the game, but we only have ourselves to blame for not taking our chances in the first half only to get hit by a sucker punch.  

Still plenty of points to play for from now til the end of the season.  

One thing that worries me though, is that we've pretty much seen the spine of our team smashed piece by piece.  Lee out for the season, Lees out, Hutchinson out and now Loovens out.  Of that group, only Westwood remains, and even he was hobbling at one point today.  

Add to the fact Nando, our most creative players were out today, same for Abdi and McManaman.  

Massive game now next Friday.  

10 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

John Pearson "We know we've got strikers who can score goals" have we??, they supposedly can, but they aren't doing.

Yes we have. Jordan Rhodes is one of the best in this league no doubt about it, but he needs service. How many games has he had it in?

Just on way back. 

Better side first half, but sloppy play led to their corner and sloppy defending from said corner. 

Red card cost us the game, which it was. Even then Villa were poor and we had a good penalty shout and missed a couple of good chances. 

Thier second looked offside. 

Loovens injury and suspension could well be the turning point in our season for the worst.