Aston Villa vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Carlos will have his press conference already written .ref injuries sending off etc etc. But it's 4 points from 5 games that's relegation form. But remember villa injury list is far longer than ours in fact only baker started against us in august and he went off injured .and lansbury in warm up . Apart from Norwich game we have been stale all season. 

Stop talking sense it'll send the clappers into meltdown

Reading game is massive. We need to win and I think we will.

We have the insurance that we also play Fulham on the last day at home so if we are within 2 points of them, we stand a chance. They are a good side Fulham and i've been fearing them for a while. 

Looking at the overall situation objectively, in terms of the performances (I stress NOT the results), the season has been very disappointing and is unlikely to get any better.  It seems to me that Carlos is not going to take us any further.  Yes, mathematically we can still qualify for the play-offs, but I wouldn't put any money on us getting to the final, let alone winning the play-offs.

Aston Villa 2-0 Sheffield Wednesday.

Possession: 44-56

Shots on target: 3-2

Shots off target: 5-11

Corners: 5-4

Fouls: 9-7

Yellow cards: 2-1 

Red cards: 0-2

Westwood, Hunt, Loovens (Semedo 75), Sasso, Fox, Wallace, Jones, Bannan, Reach, Rhodes, Winnall (Fletcher 73).

Subs not used: Wildsmith, Buckley, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Palmer, Pudil, Semedo.

Poor result. 

Referee hasn't helped at all.

I hate Steve Bruce. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We have the insurance that we also play Fulham on the last day at home so if we are within 2 points of them, we stand a chance. They are a good side Fulham and i've been fearing them for a while. 

I don't think we will if we have Semedo and Pudil at centre half.  Really need Lees and Hutch back.

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Fulham will be long gone and out of reach by May at this rate.

Us, Reading and Leeds for 6th...

Those who back Carlos think they're helping, but they're not. There are too many fans relying on blind faith, rather than what's before their eyes. If we keep Carlos we won't go up. I wouldn't put a penny piece on it. It's foolish to put a manager before a club. Had a decent PL club come in for Carlos, he'd have gone. If only Mandaric were still here.

2 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

Aston Villa 2-0 Sheffield Wednesday.

Possession: 44-56

Shots on target: 3-2

Shots off target: 5-11

Corners: 5-4

Fouls: 9-7

Yellow cards: 2-1 

Red cards: 0-2

Westwood, Hunt, Loovens (Semedo 75), Sasso, Fox, Wallace, Jones, Bannan, Reach, Rhodes, Winnall (Fletcher 73).

Subs not used: Wildsmith, Buckley, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Palmer, Pudil, Semedo.

Poor result. 

Referee hasn't helped at all.

I hate Steve Bruce. 

we do seem to have loads of shots off target - every game seems in double figures.