If Matias is ever fit again

Guest RocketOwl
27 minutes ago, wawawuto said:

If Matias is back fit before the end of the season, would you like to see him in the team? Personally, I think when fit, he is a good player and the quality of our wingers has so far this season been poor. His goalscoring record with Nacional in the Portuguese first division was impressive, and its not as bad a league as some think. Showed moments of class last season, not just the goal at Leeds but for example the touch before his goal against Middlesbrough. It is a big if, but if he is fit in the not to distant future I would give him a chance, in my opinion he is a good winger. 

It's a big if.

You know what, look at the signings we have made that don't actually play, it is ridiculous. 

Even forgetting injured signings, we have shed loads that don't get a look in.

I've slagged Carlos for team selection, but maybe he isn't the one making signings.

Either way, something's furrked up with our transfer policy.

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd love to see a frontline of Forestieri, Rhodes and Matias just once before he leaves the club.

So would I, looks lethal but also think it's a front line that will only ever be seen on FIFA and Football Manager. 

Assuming we're in the Premier League next season I can see Marco being moved on to try and rebuild his career elsewhere

Assuming we're in the Championship next season I can't see Carlos being here and can realistically see him being replaced. Any new manager will come in, take one look at his playing time and look to move him on ASAP

Either way, I'm not sure we'll ever see Marco Matias in a Wednesday shirt again. Which is a shame, because looking past all the injuries there's a heck of a player in there... but it's not one that we at Wednesday will ever get to see and it has to be said probably not a player that can manage the English leagues. 

49 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hell yes, potentially the best wide player we have. Ideal to link up with Forestieri, whenever Fernando drifts out to the left he can come inside, and unlike Reach or Wallace, he can score goals

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I think he is a good player but it is a shame when a players career is ruined through injury, he showed signs of class at the start of last season and then seemed good when he came on against forest away and at Brighton in play off semis 

50 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

So would I, looks lethal but also think it's a front line that will only ever be seen on FIFA and Football Manager. 

Assuming we're in the Premier League next season I can see Marco being moved on to try and rebuild his career elsewhere

Assuming we're in the Championship next season I can't see Carlos being here and can realistically see him being replaced. Any new manager will come in, take one look at his playing time and look to move him on ASAP

Either way, I'm not sure we'll ever see Marco Matias in a Wednesday shirt again. Which is a shame, because looking past all the injuries there's a heck of a player in there... but it's not one that we at Wednesday will ever get to see and it has to be said probably not a player that can manage the English leagues. 

If we make the playoffs for the second season running, it would be incredibly harsh and shortsighted to sack Carlos, wouldn't it!?

Either way, you're probably right about Matias' chances, though - he just can't get fit, can he?