The Owls vs Brentford. Official Matchday Thread.

8 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Top grade smack lol! 

Classic MDT,  P.  Thanks for staying up late to make my morning commute to the office more fun. 

Tonight's another big un.  Momentum going into Leeds game would be huge. 

I'd rest a couple,  Jones in for Hutch, Wallace in for Bannan,  Macca in for Reach, Winnall in for Rhodes.  

Be good to have the full henergy for Weeds. 

UTMO! 

Out of curiosity, why would you rest players tonight? What makes the Leeds game more important? 3 points tonight and we go 3 points clear of them. Surely every game is our cup final from now to the end of the season?

Quality omdt. Any win, anyhow tonight. Keep the main men fit, the sheet clean & the points rolling in. I shall be in the cubicle at HT with the top of my hat visible above & a cloud of rough shag circulating therein. Cockney bankers indeed. Once more into the breach...........

Got to start with some tempo like against Brum. Into 'em, easy, into 'em easy.

Hopefully some pies left if Sutton reserve keeper turns up!

UTO!

Guest Copthorneowl

Well done Pauli as ever enjoyed a fun read.

Hope. We can keep our run going be a hard game tonight Brentford are underrated imo, tricky game tonight.

http://www.oddschecker.com/tips/football/championship/20170220-sheffield-wednesday-v-brentford-betting-tips-preview?dcmp=twt27

Sheffield Wednesday v Brentford - Tuesday 19:45

Brentford have shown there’s life after Scott Hogan, netting ten times in four matches following 14-goal striker’s departure to Aston Villa, but they might meet stiffer resistance at Hillsborough, where Sheffield Wednesday have taken 19 points from the last available 21 and no opposition player has found the net in the last six matches. Back the home win at evens.

The Owls are back in their groove and building up a head of steam in their bid to exorcise the ghosts of last season’s heartbreaking play-off final defeat at Wembley. Not everyone is convinced by some of their recent display but their game-management is second to none under Carlos Carvalhal and the competition for places up front only makes them more formidable.

Fernando Forestieri has had a quiet season by his own standards but the January captures of Jordan Rhodes and Sam Winnall have certainly put him on his toes and the mercurial Argentinian was on the scoresheet at Nottingham Forest on Saturday, bagging what proved to be the winner in a 2-1 success at the City Ground, then jumping six deep into the away end to celebrate.

If this is Wednesday when they’re unconvincing, then imagine what they might do in a routine fixture like this if everything clicks. My 16-match shot data makes them almost a full goal superior to Dean Smith’s men on home soil from a marginally smaller total goals expectancy than the market. The Wednesday 3-0 correct score at 18/1 is the point of maximum value.