CC post Blackburn

5 hours ago, ramone said:

Not sure if you remember Wallace crashing the bar in the first half. Or does that bit not suit your argument?

Don't really have an argument more a little light hearted joke that seems to have crashed and burned with some. Chill out baby life's good!

Edited by GMOwl72

I'm not sure being in the top six justifies the way we are playing. We finished in the top six last season, playing entertaining football. Given that we've added £23m worth of new talent, that is the very least we should expect. Can we not be successful AND entertain

6 hours ago, richowl said:

Carvalhal said: "We would have drawn or lost a game like that last season. We played efficiently and achieved the three points." #SWFC

now that is a load of bobbar :duntmatter:

We would have won that game 3/4/5-0 last season. 

I agree with Carlos. Remember Rotherham, MK DONS et al ?

26 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I agree with Carlos. Remember Rotherham, MK DONS et al ?

2 games.

i don't know how he came to that assumption. 

Like i said earlier why did he choose to say this after Blackburn when we've played exactly the same all season?

our record at home last season was fantastic (bar a couple of blips) not only results but general performances we controlled games even when the score line wa close & but this season we seem nervous & sit back...

Edited by richowl

50 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I'm not sure being in the top six justifies the way we are playing. We finished in the top six last season, playing entertaining football. Given that we've added £23m worth of new talent, that is the very least we should expect. Can we not be successful AND entertain

tbh I'm not too bothered about entertainment  ala tika taka but I do like to see our team compete positively on the front foot

ie attacking football 

I didn't go last night but what I've seen this season our table position is generally despite our performances not because of them 

not seen a lot of ref moan threads lately 

8 hours ago, richowl said:

Carvalhal said: "We would have drawn or lost a game like that last season. We played efficiently and achieved the three points." #SWFC

Surely the best game to compare it with Blackburn H last year on wether wer would have actually drawn or lost the game last year..

Interestingly it was also a midweek match and we was proper bobbar up to half time with a 0-0 scoreline.

From memory Conway scored for them at very start of the 2nd half, then they had 2 great chances straight after the goal, unbelievable misses. then Wallace got 2, one of which counted as an own goal cos of deflection i think, I also seem to remember Conway getting sent off for them, either at 1-0 or 1-1.

so being a little pedantic, but this is the type of game that last year we actually won.

11 hours ago, paul92vr6 said:

We have been lucky so many games this season.

I don't like being negative but I have got to say it is beginning to get to me.

Carlos has certainly divided the crowd with the negativity, how long before this brews over in the crowd as people are on differing sides of the fence.

Some will take three points whatever the cost and some want to see us being more attacking.

I for one would put up with it against the top sides but inviting teams on to us in the bottom three is in my opinion not the way forward.

Let’s just hope the woodwork can keep working its magic (four times in the last two games).

Surely thats 5 times. Birmingham had 3 efforts which hit the woodwork and were'nt there 2 last night?

12 hours ago, richowl said:

According to Ryan's graphs, before last night's game, we were only three points in front of where we were last season after the same number of games.   Therefore, on the other side of the coin, by employing our current style/philosophy, we have dropped points this season where we would have won them last season

8 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

So, what's your idea of it going to plan then ? We won 2-1 and have won three on the bounce. I think its you who needs a new outlook on how you win games in the championship.

there's nothing wrong with defensive system we play but how we played last night was nothing like how we've played it lately .....when we play it well far better sides than Blackburn never really look like scoring against us, that wasn't the case last night .....we were borderline  pathetic , the defence looked suspect . the mid field struggled against some nonentities I've never heard of , we created nothing in open play .....we were poor anyone who thinks otherwise either has total blind faith or wasn't there .

22 minutes ago, shandypants said:

According to Ryan's graphs, before last night's game, we were only three points in front of where we were last season after the same number of games.   Therefore, on the other side of the coin, by employing our current style/philosophy, we have dropped points this season where we would have won them last season

Arithmetic not one of your strong points?

Over the years I have lost count of the number of times I have faced the long walk back to Walkley up Stoney walk having played sides off the park only to be undone by a sucker punch and not being able to face my tea because of an unlucky draw or even worse a defeat. I'll take a win every day of the week rather than the 'we wa robbed feeling'.