Team v Birmingham

33 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

Other than a potential Bannan / Abdi swap, this is the team he should play.

Instead he'll start with Pudil (awful form), Reach on the left (no creativity) and FF up front, and he'll stand there scratching his head wondering why its not working at half time.

Think he will try Forestieri on the left for these next two games.

Think he has probably listened to all the criticism from Friday and thought the last thing he wants is us being booed off at half time.

Think we will start on the front foot.

24 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think he will try Forestieri on the left for these next two games.

Think he has probably listened to all the criticism from Friday and thought the last thing he wants is us being booed off at half time.

Think we will start on the front foot.

Hope you are right, but without Fletch and with Hooper coming back from injury I think we will see FF-Rhodes Friday.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Hope you are right, but without Fletch and with Hooper coming back from injury I think we will see FF-Rhodes Friday.

Maybe especially with 3 left back options if Fox is fit.

If Hooper is fit enough for the bench think he may will give Winnall a chance with Rhodes if he is not, then you will be right as Carlos likes two strikers on the bench.

1 minute ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Calling it now, Jones and Wallace will start before Abdi and Macca. Not that there is much wrong with Wallace but Jones was awful against Wigan and Abdi is simply better.

Rhodes and Winnall up top with FF on left please CC. Thanks.

Hutchinson's back so you have no need to worry. lol

26 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Calling it now, Jones and Wallace will start before Abdi and Macca. Not that there is much wrong with Wallace but Jones was awful against Wigan and Abdi is simply better.

Rhodes and Winnall up top with FF on left please CC. Thanks.

Jones broke the play up a lot at Wigan and they got very very few chances

17 hours ago, Robdylan said:

There's more than a fair argument to say that Carlos is being too defensive minded.

It's okay saying Wallace deserves to keep his place, but do we really want to see a £10m striker struggle up front with zero service, just hoping that the likes of Wallace chips in with another goal? 

What do you think about trying Wallace on the left? 

I don't Wallace would perform as well on the left. From the Bristol game onwards I expected CM to get the nod over Wallace for the run of games but Wallace has really stepped it up this month. 

CM and Reach are able to swap freely like they did later on vs Wigan. That's an added string to the bow if he takes Wallace out. 

45 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

I don't Wallace would perform as well on the left. From the Bristol game onwards I expected CM to get the nod over Wallace for the run of games but Wallace has really stepped it up this month. 

CM and Reach are able to swap freely like they did later on vs Wigan. That's an added string to the bow if he takes Wallace out. 

He obviously wouldn't be able to come inside and shoot, reducing his chances of scoring. But on the other hand, he'd be able to put in very dangerous crosses that the strikers could attack. 

15 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Carlos is a student of football and there's no way that he won't have seen this. I feel that Forestieri doesn't want to start as a left midfielder and I don't think we'll see it again. However on the left side behind a striker in a 4-2-3-1 would still be great for Forestieri to get space and to cut inside, and I think he wouldn't complain about being there either. It's a surprise that at a time when most teams are playing

4-2-3-1 that Carlos has never started with this formation. There must be something about it that he doesn't like that other managers do

It's absolutely baffling.

He's managed 15 clubs and he's even had books published. Yet we have 2 FB's who can't cross, trying to supply just 1 striker who's isolated up front, with his 2 wingers playing too narrow. No pace, easy to predict, nothing. A £10m striker looking for scraps. One shot on target. And that's a student of football? 

Regarding Fernando, I really don't understand why he wouldn't enjoy playing on the left. He sees much more of the ball. He has a lot more time and a lot more space. He can carry the ball, instead of trying to control it whilst being under pressure from a defender on his back. 

Edited by Robdylan

Guest RocketOwl
36 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

It's absolutely baffling.

He's managed 15 clubs and he's even had books published. Yet we have 2 FB's who can't cross, trying to supply just 1 striker who's isolated up front, with his 2 wingers playing too narrow. No pace, easy to predict, nothing. A £10m striker looking for scraps. One shot on target. And that's a student of football? 

Regarding Fernando, I really don't understand why he wouldn't enjoy playing on the left. He sees much more of the ball. He has a lot more time and a lot more space. He can carry the ball, instead of trying to control it whilst being under pressure from a defender on his back. 

With regards to your comment on Carlos - Does it baffle you he got us to a playoff final, currently 6th despite the notorious playoff hangover and has one of the best win percentages ever.

With regards to Fernando. He sees himself as a striker. No striker likes being played on the wing.

Fox looked good at Bristol city so he should start. 

The team will certainly be this imo

Westwood

hunt

lees

loovens

fox

reach

bannan

hutch

reach

ff 

rhodes

a good side that should get goals, bring macca on and if needed take fox off put reach lb then ff to lm and winnall can come on 

13 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Fox looked good at Bristol city so he should start. 

The team will certainly be this imo

Westwood

hunt

lees

loovens

fox

reach

bannan

hutch

reach

ff 

rhodes

a good side that should get goals, bring macca on and if needed take fox off put reach lb then ff to lm and winnall can come on 

Your reaching out a bit 2 far with that side mate!

Edited by owls-swfc