Team v Birmingham

Really don't want to see Bannan and Jones together in midfield again. Awful pairing. Hutch would have made a huge difference tonight. Great to have him back for the next game. 

Abdi managed to finally get some game. Wouldn't mind him starting alongside Hutch.

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Fox

Wallace

Hutch

Abdi

Reach

FF

Rhodes

Same. Wallace been bagging crucial goals but I wanna see if we're a better 90min force with Macca starting strong and Ross as impact sub if we're flagging.

No issue with resting BB but I do wonder if it puts too much pressure on Abdi as a straight swap. BB dictates the pace & flow of the whole team so much it's ridiculous, we need to find a way to spread that authority a bit I think. Dropping Abdi straight in for him, I wonder if we'd look a bit rudderless. Agree he needs to play though. Tough one.

Edited by Mr. Tom

would like to see us attack a team from the off and have confidence in our attacking players and go with

westwood

hunt

lees

loovens

fox

wallace

abdi

hutch

ff

rhodes

winnall

but carlos will go with

westwood

hunt

lees

loovens

pudil

wallace

bannan

hutch

reach

ff

rhodes

.                 Westwood

.        Lees    Loovens     Hutch

. Hunt                                   Reach

.             Abdi          Bannan            

.                     Fessi

.         Rhodes       Winnall 

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

Same. Wallace been bagging crucial goals but I wanna see if we're a better 90min force with Macca starting strong and Ross as impact sub if we're flagging.

No issue with resting BB but I do wonder if it puts too much pressure on Abdi as a straight swap. BB dictates the pace & flow of the whole team so much it's ridiculous, we need to find a way to spread that authority a bit I think. Dropping Abdi straight in for him, I wonder if we'd look a bit rudderless. Agree he needs to play though. Tough one.

In a team that can't score, you would rest Wallace who has scored 3 in 4?

19 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

not a chance Carlos will pick this

wont drop reach Wallace or bannan

Would that be the guy who has scored 3 in 4 and the guy who was Sky's MOM tonight and made both goals at Bristol?

8 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Westwood

Palmer/Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Fox

Abdi

Hutchinson 

Bannan

McManaman 

Rhodes

Forestieri 

Totally agree - we are a 4-3-3 side and we are more effective with 3 in the middle. We always set up as 4-4-2 last year but invariably we were that fluid it became 4-3-3. 

That front 3 has got good variation and would cause problems to any team in this division. 

We are likely to keep the ball better with 3 in the middle.

14 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Totally agree - we are a 4-3-3 side and we are more effective with 3 in the middle. We always set up as 4-4-2 last year but invariably we were that fluid it became 4-3-3. 

That front 3 has got good variation and would cause problems to any team in this division. 

We are likely to keep the ball better with 3 in the middle.

Absolutely, I just posted in another thread how I don't think we have the crossing ability to play with two wide men. Our full backs can't cross, and Reach and Wallace aren't that great at it either. But we do have very neat and tidy central midfield players so I think we should overload that area in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formation.