Loovens

Fox

Mcmanaman

Hutchinson

Abdi

FF

Rhodes

Winnall

I think Wallace deserves to start ahead of McManaman, but swap them over in second half for fresh impetus.

21 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Wallace can be dropped, but he will not be and he shouldn't be. There's no coincidence that he's returned to goalscoring form since McManaman has come to the club. 

He deserves his place at the moment but he will not last 90 mins. 

Team on Friday will be:

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Fox

Wallace

Bannan

Hutch

Reach

Forestieri 

Rhodes

Reach played on the right for a while last night, which opens the possibility of a Wallace < Winnall change in the second half with FF moving out to the left and Reach to the right.  

You're entitled to your opinion. But that team is not creative enough.

Rhodes will not get much service with that line up. 

If you wanted to persist with Wallace, at least start FF on the left, giving Rhodes a partner.

Just now, Robdylan said:

Why not?

Nobody should be guaranteed a first team place.

Let's have some fresh ideas that benefits the team as a whole.

So: It's not okay to drop Wallace from the team because he's scored 3 goals, yet it's okay to play a £10m striker up front on his own, who's isolated? 

This is spot on. Need to think about the team and premier league, not "yeah but Wallace has done this" 

cant remeber last time Wallace put a good ball in the box but he can't defiantly shoot. Perfect sub 

Must admit I don't know a great deal about how Brum set up and play these days with Zola budd in charge. Don't know that much about what kind of form their players are in or which ones are injured or suspended either. Taking those facts into consideration I think I'll just leave it to CC and the coaches to sort out who should start and be on the bench.

Seriously though, how do you all think that Brum will set up against us ? Will they try to defend like hell and be happy with a point or will they think they can play us on the counter or even bring the game to us ? Have they signed anyone decent in January ?

15 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Scoring a goal is quite a big contribution.

Wallace is not going to work for Rhodes? Our best crosser? Ok.

No.

Because:

The majority of Wallace's crosses come from deep. They're in-swinging crosses from his left foot. When they come in, Rhodes has a defender on his back, plus cover. 

Rhodes doesn't want those types of crosses.

He wants crosses put in front of him what he can attack, from higher up the pitch. 

Did you see CM's debut?

He can beat a man on the outside, and whip crosses in, that guys like Rhodes and Hooper thrive on.

Personally, I like Wallace. But he has no pace. We'd actually benefit more by having him playing on the left wing.

45 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

You're entitled to your opinion. But that team is not creative enough.

Rhodes will not get much service with that line up. 

If you wanted to persist with Wallace, at least start FF on the left, giving Rhodes a partner.

I'm aware that I'm entitled to my opinion, but thanks for reminding me. 

The defensive capabilities of Wallace and Reach is one of the reasons they still get the nod when they're not playing at their best. And now Wallace is impacting games like he was last year I doubt Carlos will be dropping him and rightly so. 

There is of course a fair argument that Carlos is being far too defensive minded this season. But understanding his thought process it's easy to understand why he's setting us up like this.  

3 hours ago, robowl4life said:

What if the big man offered you £20, a knackered converse, a crusty sock and a copy of nuts magazine? 

You mean an offer from Dave?

Would need to be an Iron Age axe and a promise Hutch and Semedo would shampoo and blow dry my hair whilst wearing bikinis

Players who get regularly picked by CC and regularly slated on OT

Hunt

Palmer

Pudil

Wallace

Bannan

Reach

Fletcher

Players who get regualarly picked by CC and regularly get praised on OT

Westwood

Lees

Loovens

Hutchinson

Bannan

Forestieri

Bannan is a little pixie in the middle of a vast OT zen diagram

Edited by owlandished

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

I thought Sasso looked like a rabbit in headlights. Not got the confidence. His run up the field was a joy but he wasnt sure what to do when he got there.

Yes I thought that was a hilarious moment. Sassy found himself on their six yard line and "what the fool do I do now" was written all over his body language.

great run though. Decent going forward last time out too. Wolves?

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

I'm aware that I'm entitled to my opinion, but thanks for reminding me. 

The defensive capabilities of Wallace and Reach is one of the reasons they still get the nod when they're not playing at their best. And now Wallace is impacting games like he was last year I doubt Carlos will be dropping him and rightly so. 

There is of course a fair argument that Carlos is being far too defensive minded this season. But understanding his thought process it's easy to understand why he's setting us up like this.  

I think their defensive abilities are part of our problem. We don't need two sitting wingers, we need to make teams worry about us more. 

Edited by Think tank

3 minutes ago, Think tank said:

I think their defensive abilities are part of our problem. We don't need two sitting wingers, we need to make teams worry about us more. 

Fair point, even more so when Wallace was showing no attacking threat until the previous few games.

Guest RocketOwl
2 hours ago, Think tank said:

When does Wallace get down the wing and get a ball in the box?

Yes, he scored, but someone else could have scored it and contributed more in the match.

But they didnt and wallace did. Three times in the last 4 games now.

It's Carlos tactics. It doe snot matter who plays on the wing, they are asked to cut inside, leaving space for the fullbacks.