Team v Birmingham

53 minutes ago, debram said:

Think you may be right but apart from Fox whats different attacking/creativity wise, should put Macca in for Reach at least at home.

That team has plenty of ability as well as an appreciation of the less glamorous aspects. IMO its more about the attitude and confidence to go for it a bit more rather than tinkering with selection and hoping that it'll change.

Edited by Dagmeister

I think CC might go with this on Friday night;

Westwood

Lees/Sasso    Loovens

Hunt        Hutchinson       Reach

Wallace   Bannan   FF

Winnall    Rhodes        

In possession Hutch drops in and allows the full backs to provide the width.  Which in turn leaves FF and Wallace the freedom to roam and create for the movement of Winnall and Rhodes up top.

Out of possession FF fills in to the left and Wallace on the right.

Lees/Sasso depending on fitness.

However, it's most likely to be the below though;

Westwood

Hunt  Less/Sasso  Loovens  Fox

Wallace   Hutch  Bannan   Reach

FF

Rhodes

Sasso against Jutkiewicz in an aerial battle! - Oh dear that doesn't sound good.  Come on Tom Lees please recover.  Sasso is simply not good enough for top six level and the fact that he is the primary backup CB shows we still have very worrying gaps in quality when first teamers are out.  

45 minutes ago, wilsondidwell said:

Sasso against Jutkiewicz in an aerial battle! - Oh dear that doesn't sound good.  Come on Tom Lees please recover.  Sasso is simply not good enough for top six level and the fact that he is the primary backup CB shows we still have very worrying gaps in quality when first teamers are out.  

I'd be tempted to switch Hutch back there with Loovens, if Lees doesn't make it. It's a home game and it will be interesting to see how adventurous Carlos will be. Still can't believe we didn't sign another CB or defensive midfielder in the last window

On 2/4/2017 at 00:07, Think tank said:

Westwood

Palmer ( neither choice is appealing)

Lees

Loovens

Fox

Mcmanaman Wallace

Hutchinson

Abdi

FF

Rhodes

Winnall

Wallace has scored a few lately so definately wouldn't drop him. Otherwise I agree with the rest, though can't see both Abdi and Fessi playing in midfield but we can hope. Winnall really needs to put a performance in and hopefully get his first goal if he wants to stay in the side, not sure we get enough crosses in for him to be really effective.

Edited by swfc-dan

13 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Wallace has scored a few lately so definately wouldn't drop him. Otherwise I agree with the rest, though can't see both Abdi and Fessi playing in midfield but we can hope. Winnall really needs to put a performance in and hopefully get his first goal if he wants to stay in the side, not sure we get enough crosses in for him to be really effective.

CC wont drop Bannan

16 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Reach

Wallace

Hutchinson

Bannan

Forestieri

Rhodes

Winnall

Bench: Wildsmith, Hunt, Sasso, McManaman, Abdi, Fletcher, Hooper.

Doubt Reach will provide the attacking option and crosses into the box that Fox would, Palmer cant put in a good cross, Hutch, Bannan and Wallace play deep so where is the supply for Rhodes and Winnall coming from, 2 guys who thrive on crosses and poaching in the box. Not getting at your selection just my opinion.

12 minutes ago, debram said:

Doubt Reach will provide the attacking option and crosses into the box that Fox would, Palmer cant put in a good cross, Hutch, Bannan and Wallace play deep so where is the supply for Rhodes and Winnall coming from, 2 guys who thrive on crosses and poaching in the box. Not getting at your selection just my opinion.

Think Reach is more attacking (when allowed to be) than Fox, and with Hutchinson back then we'll be able to allow Reach and Palmer to get forward - and expect that to happen a lot. Reach can put a great delivery on, and Palmer has the pace to get into good positions (you're right about his final ball though).

Wallace has 3 goals in his last 4 games and was our leading assist-maker last season if memory serves me right. Fully expect him to be getting decent balls into the box for Rhodes and Winnall. Forestieri will also create plenty of space roaming from the left, again hopefully our strike pairing can work with that.

Happy for Bannan to continue to play a little deep as Palmer, Reach, Wallace, Forestieri, Rhodes and Winnall going forward should create enough opportunities to get goals. Bannan getting a little further forward would add to our goal threat, whether that happens, who knows.

For what it's worth, I expect Carlos will go with the same team (with the exception of the suspended/ injured players returning - Lees and Hutchinson for Sasso and Jones) that beat Wigan, but will instruct them to be more positive at home.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Think Reach is more attacking (when allowed to be) than Fox, and with Hutchinson back then we'll be able to allow Reach and Palmer to get forward - and expect that to happen a lot. Reach can put a great delivery on, and Palmer has the pace to get into good positions (you're right about his final ball though).

Wallace has 3 goals in his last 4 games and was our leading assist-maker last season if memory serves me right. Fully expect him to be getting decent balls into the box for Rhodes and Winnall. Forestier will also create plenty of space roaming from the left, again hopefully our strike pairing can work with that.

Happy for Bannan to continue to play a little deep as Palmer, Reach, Wallace, Forestieri, Rhodes and Winnall going forward should create enough opportunities to get goals. Bannan getting a little further forward would add to our goal threat, whether that happens, who knows.

Hope youre right, also Abdi, Hooper and Macc options to come on, waiting for tomorrow in anticipation, hope its worth bearing the freezing weather.

39 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Reach

Wallace

Hutchinson

Bannan

Forestieri

Rhodes

Winnall

This ^

But with Hunt instead of Palmer.

I don't think Forestieri and Rhodes did enough together to suggest they will work as a partnership. At home we need more energy and drive. Hutchinson back is a big boost plus the returning form of Bannan and Wallace. If Forestieri is switched back out wide left at home and Winnall or Hooper partners Rhodes, I think that would be a more attacking set up to take the game to the opposites at home and get the points.

40 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Reach

Wallace

Hutchinson

Bannan

Forestieri

Rhodes

Winnall

I think this is our strongest team for tomorrow, but Carlos will slmost certainly keep FF up front with Rhodes, and leave Winnall off to shake it up if it doesn't work.

I think if Fletch or Hooper were available we might see two strikers and FF wide. 

Hopefully we get the the best of both worlds. If FF/Rhodes works tomorrow, they stay together for Blackburn. If not, FF can switch to the left from Tuesday and the rest of the season, with Fletcher back to partner Rhodes.