Chinese super league are coming for our players.

Long term I worry, if they have a well organized league of superstars then the viewing of the premier league over seas may drop. 

Lets be honest, the reason that the premier league is a league of choice for most players is not for history, legacy but for money! If the TV money disappears, so do the stars and the trickle down effect of the money to the lower leagues.

it would be like ITV Sport going bust all over again. 

The amount of money they are willing to pay is just complete insanity, who how many Chinese people have that much money! If they are paying ridiculous amounts for players they are buying out English clubs.. How it ever got to this I never know. But as an earlier post stated, if foreign players are enticed elsewhere it gives more room for British talent.

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Long term I worry, if they have a well organized league of superstars then the viewing of the premier league over seas may drop. 

Lets be honest, the reason that the premier league is a league of choice for most players is not for history, legacy but for money! If the TV money disappears, so do the stars and the trickle down effect of the money to the lower leagues.

it would be like ITV Sport going bust all over again. 

It's about time that the money flow in football is slowed... It would give more teams equal chance to compete, I mean let's face it.. How much do parachute payments influence the top teams in the championship and how money influences the top teams in the premiership. If money wasn't readily available for the current top teams and a more equal playing field was to open up, It would probably involve the use of academy players who love the club they play for. Watching a team of lads who are local playing with passion and maybe the price of viewing football either on TV or at the grounds may reduce.. Yeah it's would reduce the likes of big name players but maybe we would be idolising English players, Hirst, Shearer.. And so on.

7 hours ago, Ian said:

Given that for years people have suggested the lack of English players at the top level has negatively affected the England team then the best foreigners going to China, thus leaving more space for home grown players can only be good for the the game in this country....can't it?

Just as long as they don't take Big Dave

8 hours ago, Ian said:

Given that for years people have suggested the lack of English players at the top level has negatively affected the England team then the best foreigners going to China, thus leaving more space for home grown players can only be good for the the game in this country....can't it?

I completely agree, I know it's impractical but I'd restrict foreign players in each team and send the rest packing and let's get a healthy british league going again 

In the 80s/90s it was Italy and Spain players went to for the money , then here , now its China or Mid East for a final pay day.

Personally I would be onto my agent trying to get me a move to China with the money on offer because i would want the financial security it offers. 

I appreciate all the counter arguments about the quality of the league and playing in Europe for the Champions League but everybody has their own personal preferences. 

You certainly can't blame a player for taking the money it's at beyond obscene levels

TBH I haven't looked into the structure of this Chinese thing presumably they hope to market it globally TV wise

I presume SKY and other broadcast players will buy into it - personally I couldn't careless and wouldn't watch it, no doubt many will though

one thing's for sure I'd also steer clear of betting on anything to do with that league

9 hours ago, SmokieOwl36-0 said:

I know a goalkeeper from Morton has just recently joined a Chinese club. If he can get a deal then surely we can send McGugan, Melo, Nuhiu, Dielna, Sougou and Emmanuelson and tell them there the best footballers you'll ever see and we'll be rolling in the money:stuwinky:

Signed as a coach not a player. I played with Andy when I was younger (I'm a fair bit older than he is) and I honestly still can't believe he made it as a pro. Fair play to the laddie he knuckled down and worked hard but he was bang average as a bairn.