Chinese super league are coming for our players.

10 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Not sure if the OP meant it but the answers to the question he posed transcends football. The answer lies at the very roots of peoples culture.

For me, football is in our blood, the chinese can take who they want and pay them what they want, we will still turn up, week in, week out to watch whoever is put in front of us, it is the case now and it always has been.

The chinese are in love with how we perceive and love the game but in my opinion, they will never replicate our feeling for it, they will try their best and then get fed up of spending the money, the dynamic in the fan base just isn't there.

Dunno if you can afford to give the likes of Graziano Pelle 13m a year.

You must think the dynamic in your fan base is pretty solid.

lol

1 minute ago, offalyowl said:

Players going to China, can't play in the champions league and that a big reason why not all of them will go just for the money imo

Greedy ones will and your be surprised how many that is. We are not just talking small pay rises here.

Diego Costa would get 26m more a year.

3 minutes ago, Blue n White Rampage said:

i can never imagine the chinese league competing with the premier league. sure some players will go for the money but there will never be the same prestige as a top european league. the danger would be owners having a team in china and in england because they could have huge squads and simply be loaned freely between

You just got to ask yourself WTWTCH as they say at work, what's the worst that can happen? All the foreigners leave and go play in china, all our home grown talent has to play in our leagues and eventually we win the world cup, when you think something is obvious, always consider the polar opposite, because that can happen as well.

We'll still watch our football and it won't cost us as much. The chinese pay to see ours, would you pay to see theirs, no way. They'll get fed up soon.

Chinese clubs can only have a maximum of 4 players from non-Asian countries in their squads. Possibly will be brought down to 3 so so it is aligned to the rules for Asian Champions League squads. They can also have one more foreign player from another Asian country.

They are after players with big reputations and are prepared to pay for it. They aren't interested in players plying their trade in the Championship.

3 minutes ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

Remember a couple years ago, China had ancient pictures of soldiers kicking the severed heads of their enemies around, so tried to claim they invented football. 

:duntmatter:

To be fair thats how we used to play in Woodhouse!!! lol

Oscar looked lichee was playing in Graves Park last week.

Costa's already started hitting the big macs and kfc and can't wait to get away to china land.

Let all these over paid tvvats go so we can get the cost of football down to an acceptable level whether on TV or at the ground.

Let's get our own players playing for our own clubs. 

1 minute ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

The reason behind what China is doing is because they want an international team to compete and win a world cup.

They feel having the best international players in their home clubs will help them do that. Also explains the cap on foreign players per squad.

they've got about as much chance of that as we have of winning the world ping pong championship

53 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

There isn't anything to worry about, or am I missing something. Could someone please tell me what i'm missing?

Well yes, that's what I said. The whole thread is about China buying up players isn't it!?

English clubs should be able to sue these china clubs.

For example, If and only if Chelsea are happy with the fee for Diego Costa.

Then Diego Costa can talk wages.

But it seems, wages have been talked about well before Chelsea agreed to anything.

Edited by bigash_swfc

The Chinese economy cannot continue to throw money at everything without there being long term repercussions. They are growing their football dynasty at an alarming rate and if they don't get TV coverage in the rest of the world then I can't see it being maintained. Personally I have no interest in watching the Chinese football league in the same way as I had no interest with the MLS when they first tried to bring in top players from Europe (albeit it they were at the end of their careers). 

I'm sure I read somewhere last week that the Chinese government are looking to scale down the amount of money that their football clubs can spend. I think they need to do something or it could have an impact on the integrity of football itself. Short term wins could be that we see more English players being given the opportunity at their clubs if money mercenaries are being poached to play in China.