Joao

8 hours ago, zzmdu said:

I don't have agenda against him. Imo he's a good finisher, but with a poor work ethic and/or a poor level of fitness.

Not good enough imo for a top 4 side. I'd prefer Joao to start before Hooper (in a minority on here)

If your right, Hooper will be jettisoned back into the front two. We'll see. I think his injury will be stretched out.

wow 

18 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He needs loaning out and seeing if he can re discover the player we know he can be.

I think, if we can bring another striker in (which I think we need to), then sending Joao out to get some games in L1 would be a good idea. 

For me, there's nothing he brings to the table at the minute that we don't already get from another player in the squad...and they do it better.

He needs confidence. He needs some good coaching. And he needs minutes on the pitch in a competitive environment. A loan until the end of the season makes sense.

8 hours ago, zzmdu said:

I don't have agenda against him. Imo he's a good finisher, but with a poor work ethic and/or a poor level of fitness.

Not good enough imo for a top 4 side. I'd prefer Joao to start before Hooper (in a minority on here)

If your right, Hooper will be jettisoned back into the front two. We'll see. I think his injury will be stretched out.

joao before hooper? im glad you wont be picking the team lol

8 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Rhodes also doesn't run around much.

We have all said we need a finisher, Hooper is one of them.

Good strikers don't need to run around like headless chickens to find the net. They know exactly where to be when a chance arises.

Joao does nothing but run with no end product at the moment, he wont score the goals to get us up.

Joao does have potential though and needs games probably at somewhere like Wigan were there is No threat to our position and try to get him used to the championship and get his confidence back. But he does need to start realising his potential or it could be career wasted.

Hooper over Joao 200% 

7 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

joao before hooper? im glad you wont be picking the team lol

Got a similar reaction, last season (and abuse from the usuals)  for daring to say Joao before Nuhiu.

It's become a reality this season. 

I'm pretty sure Joao & Hooper will both start on the bench most games. I suspect Hooper may be brought on to nick a goal & Joao to hold a lead.

Wouldn't surprise me if Joao ends up with more game time, between now & season end.

8 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Stick to FIFA mate

Maybe a tad unrealistic but I'd like us to bring another stricker in January sell big Dave and loan Joao out hopefully in England to league one or someone like Rotherham

I think a pool of strikers of Fessi, fletcher, hooper+ another is it too ambitious to think of a Rhodes probabley but someone who isn't a work in progress at this level and of cause we have young Hirst if we are low on bench numbers

i know big dave does a job in last few minutes but do can fletcher and hopefully with the pool of strikers as above and the addition of the new lad from West Brom, abdi hitting form we have a real good strong squad to push on 

5 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Got a similar reaction, last season (and abuse from the usuals)  for daring to say Joao before Nuhiu.

It's become a reality this season. 

I'm pretty sure Joao & Hooper will both start on the bench most games. I suspect Hooper may be brought on to nick a goal & Joao to hold a lead.

Wouldn't surprise me if Joao ends up with more game time, between now & season end.

Nuhiu did far more when he came on for the last few minutes vs Newcastle and showed he has the grit and footballing brain to help the team get over the line.

Joao before Nuhiu is a non-starter given Joao's shocking form at the moment. Ship him out on loan at the very least!

1 minute ago, nilnil said:

Nuhiu did far more when he came on for the last few minutes vs Newcastle and showed he has the grit and footballing brain to help the team get over the line.

Joao before Nuhiu is a non-starter given Joao's shocking form at the moment. Ship him out on loan at the very least!

Is it?

There's one opinion that's probobobly  more important on this issue, and he's given us his verdict in the last 6 games.

Get off the lads back. Hes young and been out 4 months prior to the Reading game. Personally think he will come good and bag 7-10 from the bench/starting come May. Hes got all the attributes to be a top striker but a confidence player and slagging him off isnt going to help anyone.

16 minutes ago, nilnil said:

It's difficult to tell who is on the wind up regards to Nuhiu, but you've gotta laugh sometimes.

Only one player in SWFCs history can come on as a 90 +4 sub, play c150 seconds, have his performance championed after :

:Losing the ball twice, whilst trying to keep it in the corner

:get caught offside

:win a very dubious free kick

Only Nuhiu.

24 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Don't play the game, but it would educate a few  that don't understand that only 11 players can start.

Not sure if the starting 11 is aimed at me, I'll assume it is seen as though you've quoted me, which makes another of your posts in this debate irrelevant.

Eitherway like I have said it should be who starts up front with hooper who has a better goals per game started ratio than any our current players. 

13 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

It's difficult to tell who is on the wind up regards to Nuhiu, but you've gotta laugh sometimes.

Only one player in SWFCs history can come on as a 90 +4 sub, play c150 seconds, have his performance championed after :

:Losing the ball twice, whilst trying to keep it in the corner

:get caught offside

:win a very dubious free kick

Only Nuhiu.

True, it's almost as strange as your agenda against him!

is he the best striker at Wednesday?... 

No not at all but he's also nowhere near as bad as you'd lead people to believe! Yeah he's missed some sitters (so has Joao btw) he's also scored some great goals and as long as nuhiu puts on a Wednesday shirt he will get as much support from me as any other Wednesday player.

Its mind boggling the extent of abuse he gets and I hope the lad gets a move away not cos I don't think he can do a job for us but cos he doesn't deserve the amount of shít he gets of his own fans.

38 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Get off the lads back. Hes young and been out 4 months prior to the Reading game. Personally think he will come good and bag 7-10 from the bench/starting come May. Hes got all the attributes to be a top striker but a confidence player and slagging him off isnt going to help anyone.

Apart from a bit of pace, he doesn't have the attributes of any top strikers does he? Especially the most important one - finishing. He's got 1 goal in 30, but you're expecting him to get 7/10 from limited game time to the end of the season. One thing that's a certain is that if Joao plays regularly we won't go up. 

35 minutes ago, punkassmofo said:

Not sure if the starting 11 is aimed at me, I'll assume it is seen as though you've quoted me, which makes another of your posts in this debate irrelevant.

Eitherway like I have said it should be who starts up front with hooper who has a better goals per game started ratio than any our current players. 

It should be who starts up front with Hooper? Wow.

It's quite staggering how overrated Hooper is by some Wednesday fans.

Tell me, how have we done without our "best striker" for the last month or so? Oh that's right, we've improved dramatically.

6 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Apart from a bit of pace, he doesn't have the attributes of any top strikers does he? Especially the most important one - finishing. He's got 1 goal in 30, but you're expecting him to get 7/10 from limited game time to the end of the season. One thing that's a certain is that if Joao plays regularly we won't go up. 

He had 7 by this time last season. 

And the bolded bit also applies to Hooper.

4 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

People will always be biased based on their preferences.

If Joao misses the chance Fletcher has had in the last two games, all three down the keepers throat, he would have been crucified on here and I don't even have to write FACT!!!

Its crackers when fans point to one chance in one game to assess a striker. All strikers miss. The important thing is that they get into as many scoring opportunities as possible.

Strikers have to be considered over months or seasons, although current form cannot be completely ignored.

Rhodes is a prime example. He had runs of 9 and 8 games last season without a goal. Doesn't make him a poor striker, because his overall return was fair and his career stats prove he will always come good over the longer term. Bit like buying shares or property I suppose. Buy for the long term and its virtually a guarantee. buy expecting an immediate return and you can easily be disappointed. 

By contrast, sadly Lucas has shown so far nothing to suggest he is a goalscorer. Six goals in 48 league matches says an awful lot.

On 12/27/2016 at 00:03, Manila_Owl said:

I'm ecstatic with performance and result. I would love the thread to come back and bite me on the backside. But it wont. He's just another Stevie May or Caolan Lavery.

The 'give him time' brigade need to realise we're a top six side with money and we can easily replace him. The quicker Hooper gets back, the better. 

He's had his chance in my eyes and not taken it. 

Bang on!