Joao

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He hasn't started FF up front in 7 games out of the 19 he has been available. 

With pudil fit & back in team, reach making the left mid spot his own, the form of Wallace  hutches move to centre mid & the signing of mcnanamum - can you really see ff playing out wide?

Do you want Carlos to serenade it through your window?

Edited by zzmdu

1 hour ago, Copthorneowl said:

What is ridiculous about saying Joao is not as good for us as Fletcher or Hooper. I specifically said having watched his short erratic effort he should not play before either of them and I'll go further he should not come on to see out a game before Nuhiu.

So you've reached the conclusion that anyone who thinks differently to you "can't be real", after watching a 10/15 minute cameo? A 10/15 minute cameo while we're clinging on to a 1-0 away at the league leaders. That's ridiculous.

Nuhiu did do a better job for the team than Joao, in the circumstances. The game was set up perfectly for that to happen. It doesn't prove Nuhiu is better than Joao and certainly doesn't mean he should be ahead in the pecking order. 

No matter what you may think about Joao, he's had a hand in our improved form, and we haven't missed Hooper at all.

2 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

What is ridiculous about saying Joao is not as good for us as Fletcher or Hooper. I specifically said having watched his short erratic effort he should not play before either of them and I'll go further he should not come on to see out a game before Nuhiu.

But if Nuhiu comes on before most central defences will hold their line on the halfway line if they are chasing a game and FF isn't on the pitch. The gap in behind will hardly be exploited. Different circumstances call for different players. 

If we are chasing a game and the defensive line is on the edge of their box then Nuhiu every time for me.

Guest Copthorneowl
24 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

So you've reached the conclusion that anyone who thinks differently to you "can't be real", after watching a 10/15 minute cameo? A 10/15 minute cameo while we're clinging on to a 1-0 away at the league leaders. That's ridiculous.

Nuhiu did do a better job for the team than Joao, in the circumstances. The game was set up perfectly for that to happen. It doesn't prove Nuhiu is better than Joao and certainly doesn't mean he should be ahead in the pecking order. 

No matter what you may think about Joao, he's had a hand in our improved form, and we haven't missed Hooper at all.

Again youre  mputting in words I havnt said. I never mentioned anything about Nuhiu being better than Joao I said if we need someone to come on and help see a game out it would be Nuhiu before Joao every time, and I don't think many would argue that point.

As regards a "10 to 15 minute cameo" as you quote I said I'd seen the full 90 minutes  twice the second time to actually look at why people though Joao was poor and I could see why they said it he was in my opinion crap for his 10/15 minute role.

I respect everybody's opinion and certainly don't think they're not real if they don't agree with me perhaps I could have phrased that better if that's the case then unlike most I apologise (can't recall you doing that).

As for your last point you think Joao has had a hand in our improved form and we havnt missed Hooper I couldn't disagree more, I don't think he had any significant  influence in the recent. games (we struggled at home both matches) and would say we definitely missed Hooper Big Time and I can't wait to have him fit would I drop Fletcher no.

9 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

That's not true. Where on earth do you get your information? 

Brentford and forest he started left.

Burton, Bristol, Ipswich, Cardiff, Burton he didnt start.

Thats 7.

I think you could add Wigan where he seemed to start on the very wide left of a 451, but that is opinion.

10 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Hahaha the irony in you opening sentence. 

Hahahaha brilliant. 

10 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

Again youre  mputting in words I havnt said. I never mentioned anything about Nuhiu being better than Joao I said if we need someone to come on and help see a game out it would be Nuhiu before Joao every time, and I don't think many would argue that point.

As regards a "10 to 15 minute cameo" as you quote I said I'd seen the full 90 minutes  twice the second time to actually look at why people though Joao was poor and I could see why they said it he was in my opinion crap for his 10/15 minute role.

I respect everybody's opinion and certainly don't think they're not real if they don't agree with me perhaps I could have phrased that better if that's the case then unlike most I apologise (can't recall you doing that).

As for your last point you think Joao has had a hand in our improved form and we havnt missed Hooper I couldn't disagree more, I don't think he had any significant  influence in the recent. games (we struggled at home both matches) and would say we definitely missed Hooper Big Time and I can't wait to have him fit would I drop Fletcher no.

I'm not sure how anyone can claim we've missed Hooper after winning 5 out of 6 without him. 

We played Wolves off the park, we were pretty comfortable against Preston until FF's red card, we found a way to win 2 tricky derbies without our main man, then went and won at the league leaders.

It doesn't matter how much you rate Hooper, we clearly haven't missed him.

21 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I'm not sure how anyone can claim we've missed Hooper after winning 5 out of 6 without him. 

We played Wolves off the park, we were pretty comfortable against Preston until FF's red card, we found a way to win 2 tricky derbies without our main man, then went and won at the league leaders.

You could also argue that it's allowed us to play with more freedom, considering we don't have to stick to that rigid 4-4-2 to accommodate him?

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Brentford and forest he started left.

Burton, Bristol, Ipswich, Cardiff, Burton he didnt start.

Thats 7.

I think you could add Wigan where he seemed to start on the very wide left of a 451, but that is opinion.

Didn't realise we've played Burton twice already :duntmatter:

23 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Fair point but he is still a good option if needed 

2 minutes ago, debram said:

Fair point but he is still a good option if needed 

Absolutely. Although I don't think he should start week in week out, I'd much rather have him in the squad than out injured. There'll be tight games where we'll just need someone to come on and stick a chance away. Hooper will win us games this season, no doubt about it. 

26 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

No point trying to sensibly discuss, when groups of posters have tunnel vision, with regard to an opinion or player. We saw it last season with Nuhiu, whose now playing the role many of us suggested.

The truth is since Hoopers exit we've:

:Climbed  the table

:Gained more points per game

:Scored more goals per game

:Beat the league leaders away, with the performance of the season

Obviously down to many factors, but to say we've missed Hooper is a nonsense.

I'm glad he's back, if we need to score to nick a win or draw, I'd rather have Hooper introduced, rather than Joao & certainly Nuhiu (who both don't look like scoring). But to say we've missed him and should reorganise the team to fit him back is a nonsense.

It's crazy to think of how far we have come when we are discussing s player of Joao's quality and Hooper too as our back up strikers. 

In times gone by, I think we've all seen players as first choice who didn't have an ounce of the talent or potential that these two have and I'm thankful those dark times are over!! 

I think our four four forwards are up there with the top forwards in the league. Arguably Villa and Newcastle are the only two who have better options / depth than those four. 

I think if all four are fit Joao would benefit from a month or two out on loan to get some confidence and goals. Then come back firing on all cylinders for the run in. 

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

It's crazy to think of how far we have come when we are discussing s player of Joao's quality and Hooper too as our back up strikers. 

In times gone by, I think we've all seen players as first choice who didn't have an ounce of the talent or potential that these two have and I'm thankful those dark times are over!! 

I think our four four forwards are up there with the top forwards in the league. Arguably Villa and Newcastle are the only two who have better options / depth than those four. 

I think if all four are fit Joao would benefit from a month or two out on loan to get some confidence and goals. Then come back firing on all cylinders for the run in. 

Agree we have certainly come up after a long period down in terms of quality-of-squad - but who are the four out of Fletcher, Hooper, Joao, Forestieri and Nuhiu you are referring to?