Newcastle United vs Sheffield Wednesday football team

1 minute ago, Adem Poric said:

We are Sheffield Wednesday

(We are Sheffield Wednesday)

We are Sheffield Wednesday

(We are Sheffield Wednesday)

NOW PUT YOUR HANDS UP

OH OH OH, OH OH OOOOH, OH OH OH, OH OH OH

You're gonna have to do the omdt until we lose.

8 minutes ago, Ruston83 said:

Simply amazing football, we looked comfortable on the ball , some slick passing , and we bossed it in parts , Westwood and hutch I thought were amazing , great confidence boost , great team performance, best performance so far by the lads, get in wawaw

Couldnt agree more, fantastic performance from every player.

Been cold here in CZ.. But.........great match, 3 points, against the cotton wool barcodes, final whistle, went on the balcony for  a ciggie and heard an Owl hooting for all it was worth. Even the the wife smiled at that.  Omen I tell thee itsan omen................Merry Christmas guys and have a great New Year.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Absolutely superb performance.  Hutch, the two centre backs and Westwood were superb.  Only Joao looked poor out of the 14 players that played today.

Over the moon for Loovens to get his first goal, too.  Many fans, especially on here don't realize how important he is to us.

There is no doubt at all that this is a very significant result for us. Once all the fuss has died down we can see that we managed the game as Carlos wanted us to manage it. Away from home and against the runaway leaders  - who dominate many opponents by reputation and huge home following - we showed great professionalism and took (one of) our chances to take the points when Newcastle must have expected to win and on Boxing Day, too. Any Wednesdayite of a certain age will recognise how important wins on this day can be and anybody who supports the home team on a Boxing Day game knows what a disappointment it is to lose that fixture. I am hopeful that this will be the game that galvanises us to a memorable winter - just like it did in the 79/80 season.

A belated merry Christmas and a happy new year to all our faithful. I don't care if we put out the Youth Team against Middlesborough. For once, the FA Cup genuinely is a sideshow for us. Onwards and upwards!!!!!

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

The stats tell us that Newcastle will on average have 14.5 shots in a game compared to our 13.75, so pretty even. Unfortunately they average around 7 shots per goal compared to our 12. Taking your chances, essential, especially tonight. Come on Wednesday!!! 

Update: Sometimes Newcastle have 9 shots and score 0....... lol

8 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

Brill performance, super Sam once again,

Cannot wait for Preston on New Years Eve.

Bought two tickets, last week, 

UTO

Got mine too. Gonna be awesome.

11 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

Newcastle United 0-1 Wednesday (Loovens 53). 

Possession: 64-36

Shots on target: 4-5

Shots off target: 5-8

Corners: 11-5

Fouls: 11-23

Yellow cards: 1-6

Red cards: 0-0

Westwood, Palmer, Lees, Loovens, Pudil, Wallace (Nuhiu 90+4), Hutchinson, Bannan (Jones 81), Reach, Fletcher, Forestieri (Joao 77).

Subs not used: Wildsmith, Abdi, Hunt, Sasso.

Unlucky Newcastle United. 

Well done Wednesday. 

Fantastic performance and win. 

Well deserved. 

That's when I know we're back. Opposition

3 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Results like this could provide a real impetus into the squad.

Absolutely chuffed to bits.

Massive confidence building result.

A result earned through sheer hard work....hard work that you have to put into each and every game in this league if you want to win it.

A superb nights work that keeps us on course going into the second half of the season.

WERE ON OUR WAY.....