Who's our best player?

8 minutes ago, MrEdwards said:

Sam Hutchinson is the best player, it's just his injuries that have held him back.

If not for his injuries Hutch would now be number one choice central defender at Chelsea.

5 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

If not for his injuries Hutch would now be number one choice central defender at Chelsea.

I disagree on the first team at Chelsea statement.

IF he was that good someone else would have taken a gamble as his injury record over the last two years hasn't been bad at all.

Not saying he isn't quality but he deffo ain't a champions league standard center half.

FF for me. A game changer & these players are thin on the ground ! IMO, we are a different team with him in it & always feel we have a chance in any game where he is on the pitch. I also have huge respect for the other two most mentioned players, Lee & Hutch who are both having outstanding seasons. I hope FF gets a decent run in the team with no injuries, suspensions, etc..etc.. , if so, he will be pivotal in the second half of the season (if he's not transferred lol)

Different players with different attributes so it's difficult to answer.

In terms of technical ability and importance to side (as stats show when he's missing) it's FF. I always think a good indicator is how we perform when a certain player ISN'T playing. In that respect again it's FF but Lee runs him a close second. After that you looking at Hutch, Lees and then Westwood although the keeper position has capable cover.

Guest Copthorneowl

FF by a good distance but I would say that wouldn't I.

I think the vast majority of our fans will hope his name is first on the team sheet for any match.

Although I readily acknowledge certain 'Giants' of Owlstalk will disagree (fortunately only a small percentage of fans are  OT posters).

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Got to be Lee. Only player who could hold down a place in a mid-table Prem team week in week out.

Good player Keiran Lee is he the key player to our results and progress - don't think so Holmy (imo of course).

Forestieri and Hutchinson for me.

Play Forestieri up front. Best player 

Left wing. Best player.

Same with Hutch. Midfield. Best player 

Centre back. Best player.

It takes alot to be able to switch position's and still be the best player on the pitch, just ask Bannan.

Be interesting to know how many we have won when both have been missing. Bet it ain't many.

2 hours ago, parkerowl said:

I disagree on the first team at Chelsea statement.

IF he was that good someone else would have taken a gamble as his injury record over the last two years hasn't been bad at all.

Not saying he isn't quality but he deffo ain't a champions league standard center half.

Not sure where I saw it, but at the time he temporarily hung up his boots due to his injuries Chelsea said they were hugely disappointed as he was being groomed to be the long term replacement for John Terry.

As for not being 'champions league standard'  without his appalling luck with injuries.  -   who knows?

Edited by oldtawnyowl

Hutch hasn't even played 100 games in a career that has spanned 9 years.

Without the injuries and the experienced gained from playing what could be over 300 games he would easily be playing for Chelsea.

Best player on their day is FF and only a fully fit Hutch and Westwood could step up into the Premier League with confidence.

Lee and Bannan are good but as we have seen quite a few times, when things get physical they get swept aside.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

1 hour ago, Copthorneowl said:

Good player Keiran Lee is he the key player to our results and progress - don't think so Holmy (imo of course).

Ah, but that wasn't the question.

The most gifted, talented, inspirational...its FF then. But best player is the one who would be able to play at a level higher than anyone else in our squad, so as Theresa would say, I refer you to my previous answer.