What is carlos worried about

12 minutes ago, DMX said:

Good bit of digging that. I don't think the refs are campaigning against us, I just think they're genuinely rubbish.

Same, but the performance of the officials was terrible today. It may have had something to do with Carlos going up to the ref on the pitch at half time also, straight after Buckley wasn't given a foul after a two handed push in the North/Lep corner. 

I think he was on about the ref too - it's the most obvious context, after all - but I can't knock Rob for pressing him because it really wasn't particularly clear the way CC expressed himself on this point.

Initially, at least, it really did sound like he was having a go at the mindset of his players.

1 hour ago, barmyowl1212 said:

He mentioned something about the lights and the fans. In my view if those fans actually put their phones away and started to support the team by singing ect because its getting right on my boobies. Its not hard to sit and sing because people can sit and moan. We've had better atmospheres with 16k in the ground than last few games. 

CC is also probably p1ssed too at the seriously poo standard of reffing too. 

Yep, likely a couple of things 

He isn't exactly going to tweet "actually I was a bit frustrated with all you fans too" 

:manager:

Edited by Bluesteel

No question that it was ALL to do with the officials - silly speculation to think otherwise. He said that he would be subject to a fine if he spoke out - that means him being critical of the officials which, as you know, are untouchable and unaccountable. I think this is crazy and must change - why can't they be brought to task ? I don't think Rob Staton should be criticised - he was only trying to find out what the 'cryptic' comment by Carlos meant. I'm sure the fans would want to know ?

Edited by snufkin123
Removal of few words of text at the end of the script

5 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I hope it was about the officials, but it seemed something closer to home and he stopped. Hinting he may get fined seemed like quick thinking to get out of it.

It just seemed wierd.

I thought he was referring to some of the players.

Because he said they need to be on top at all times and they weren't.

I agree though, he seemed to change the meaning because he realised what he was saying could cause problems so changed it to make it sound like it was about officials.

It was weird though. He seemed really upset about whatever it was.

Maybe it was a conspiracy theory about the officials then.

I mean Forestieri has been sent off 3 times now. Seems sending our best player off for flip all has become a theme. Add to that other decisions like the derby one and he could be excused for thinking there is something rotten afoot. 

14 hours ago, S1Owl said:

He's pizt off about home atmosphere when he constantly quotes the importance in interviews prior to games of home support. I guess he's thinking he's rallying the supporters to make a difference and he don't get a response as opposed to away games and probably he did the same in Lisbon and Besiktas where their fans go crazy when the coach rallies the team. 

Atmosphere should be louder. 

If atmosphere and support are so vital, it makes you wonder why didn't we perform at Wembley. 

I've just listened to the interview, and as a Wednesdayite, it worries me.

Carlos has always been very measured, very composed, almost analytical in his dealings with the press. As strange a game as it was yesterday, the refereeing wasn't anything worse that we've already seen this season & the sending off decision he says he has no complaints over. What I'm trying to say is, yes, the referee was garbage, but when it came to the big decisions that ultimately affected the match, Carlos has no complaints. And we've had just as poor refereeing performances this season, where Carlos hasn't reacted like this.

I get the impression, and it may be reading too much into it, that he's frustrated at the minute. This week, he yet again brought up the fact he could've left in the summer...why? Maybe he feels he's not got the respect he deserves from the club (and us as fans), for the work he did last season.

The crowd yesterday, once again, for the most part was flat, and that fookin' light show at that happened at 1-0 was cringingly pathetic. Carlos was clearly frustrated with the crowd, hence he frequent gestures towards the fans to raise the volume. Carlos knows how important the crowd can be at Hillsborough, and it just showed what an impact it can have, following the sending off, that the noise level were raised, and Wednesday, despite having one less, gained an extra gear, won the penalty and seemingly put the result beyond doubt. 

My hunch; I don't think it was aimed towards the officiating. Maybe he's regretting his decision to stay with us, maybe he's resentful that his primary transfer targets weren't achieved in the summer (hence our reversion to last season team essentially), maybe he's frustrated at the clear apathy and arrogant expectation from a significant percentage of our fans, especially at Hillsborough,. I'm guessing...and the truth is...nobody, only Carlos and maybe his closest staff, will know the truth which underpins his very strange post match press conference. 

But, as a fanbase, we need to wake up and realise what we've got. Despite us not playing to our full potential at Hillsborough all season...we're recording 2 points a game. We're sat in the playoff places. We're seeing quality players, trying to play quality football, week in, week out. And, most importantly, we've got a genuine, top, top coach in charge of us. Appreciate what we've got...because if we take things for granted, we could regret it sooner than we think.

He made clear his three areas of concern, players, fans and officials.

Both the players and fans only really  got going after being faced with the situation of 10 men and the then the standard of officials in general.

It wasn't a normal Carlos interview and I agree with frastheowl above that there might be more to it.

He's feeling "unloved" and a lack of respect I think on all 3 levels and it worries him.  I think by worry he means unsettled/not calm or assured.  There's a little bit of a translation thing there.

Next time he gets an offer I wouldn't be surprised if he takes it if things don't improve.  

Hopefully though, they will.

11 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I've just listened to the interview, and as a Wednesdayite, it worries me.

Carlos has always been very measured, very composed, almost analytical in his dealings with the press. As strange a game as it was yesterday, the refereeing wasn't anything worse that we've already seen this season & the sending off decision he says he has no complaints over. What I'm trying to say is, yes, the referee was garbage, but when it came to the big decisions that ultimately affected the match, Carlos has no complaints. And we've had just as poor refereeing performances this season, where Carlos hasn't reacted like this.

I get the impression, and it may be reading too much into it, that he's frustrated at the minute. This week, he yet again brought up the fact he could've left in the summer...why? Maybe he feels he's not got the respect he deserves from the club (and us as fans), for the work he did last season.

The crowd yesterday, once again, for the most part was flat, and that fookin' light show at that happened at 1-0 was cringingly pathetic. Carlos was clearly frustrated with the crowd, hence he frequent gestures towards the fans to raise the volume. Carlos knows how important the crowd can be at Hillsborough, and it just showed what an impact it can have, following the sending off, that the noise level were raised, and Wednesday, despite having one less, gained an extra gear, won the penalty and seemingly put the result beyond doubt. 

My hunch; I don't think it was aimed towards the officiating. Maybe he's regretting his decision to stay with us, maybe he's resentful that his primary transfer targets weren't achieved in the summer (hence our reversion to last season team essentially), maybe he's frustrated at the clear apathy and arrogant expectation from a significant percentage of our fans, especially at Hillsborough,. I'm guessing...and the truth is...nobody, only Carlos and maybe his closest staff, will know the truth which underpins his very strange post match press conference. 

But, as a fanbase, we need to wake up and realise what we've got. Despite us not playing to our full potential at Hillsborough all season...we're recording 2 points a game. We're sat in the playoff places. We're seeing quality players, trying to play quality football, week in, week out. And, most importantly, we've got a genuine, top, top coach in charge of us. Appreciate what we've got...because if we take things for granted, we could regret it sooner than we think.

Some decent points, but clearly the main thrust of his interview was aimed at the appalling officials. 

The old mantra goes that "It all evens out over a season".  

Clearly where we are concerned this isn't the case. It seems to be happening time & time again. FF gets sent off for 'raising his hands', (i'm not particularly arguing the point), their keeper stays on for actual bodily harm as if the 'double jeopardy' rule and the awarding of a penalty is sufficient recompense for his forearm smash into Buckley's face and dislocating his shoulder.

This is on top of Dawson's leg breaker last year that FF had the affront to try and avoid and paid the penalty, not to mention the other appalling decisions against us.

Maybe yesterday was the straw that broke the Camels back.

CC may want a more passionate crowd among other things but the main thrust of his anger was clearly the officials. Hence his comment about not being able to speak about it.

The only time he mentions the fans is when he says they were good at giving support to the team so no idea why people are suggesting he's unhappy with the fans. And he's absolutely not worried about the team 

he clearly tells Rob to watch the highlights to understand what he's worried about, which means the awful officiating. 

Mourinho has been complaining a lot too this season (actually rightly so in many cases) but has been punished. When Carlos says he's Portuguese not English, I think he is referring to how he and Mourinho are seeing the game and how they will get punished for talking out about it 

oh and the fact that the officials need to perform properly (100%) or we will struggle to achieve our goals when our players like Joao are not being protected as they should be 

Edited by Southie_Owl

7 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The fans were poor until they has two men sent off. So imo he has a right to moan about is if it is that which is concerning him.

But I think he's moaning about officials. He was pretty poo poo

But no worse than most other officials we've had this season. And the big decision, that affected us (FF's sending off) he said he agreed with. The other big decisions in the game, went in our favour...the penalty, and the double sending off for PNE's players.

Just now, frastheowl said:

But no worse than most other officials we've had this season. And the big decision, that affected us (FF's sending off) he said he agreed with. The other big decisions in the game, went in our favour...the penalty, and the double sending off for PNE's players.

He was the worst we've had this season. He had no consistency. We should have had another penalty in the first half.

He may have got the FF decision correct im not sure, but he did get the other two major ones right. But the other major decisions he bottled them and gave us nothing all game. On another day it could cost us. That's why Carlos is worried

I think Fras is right, it seemed something closer to home. He did praise the fans as mentioned but only after we went to ten men. There is an air of expectation at Hillsborough that has been a challenge for years.

He is very good at putting on a united front to the media. His mode of operating is to be strong to them and he won't criticise anyone be it the fans, players or referees. If he thinks he might he sends Bullen. 

That cracked a bit yesterday, it's got nothing to do with seeking a conspiracy but he clearly had a number of things he wanted to say but then felt he shouldn't/couldn't. No doubt officiating was one but what better way to end the interview than say it would cost him a fine.

The easy thing to do would be to go, yeah it was the officials and keep groaning at a stray pass at Hillsborough (I'm as bad as many for that sometimes). At least the next two are derbies which should get the crowd going.

So much paranoia this season. 

Nearly as unbearable as the knee jerk reactions. 

People are just falling over themselves to find something wrong.

A glimmer of success and people are losing their minds. 

Carlos knows the crowd are an extra man on pitch. 

We all know the home crowds in Turkey, Sporting etc are very vocal at home and responsive to the manager rallying then hence his quote on being Portuguese. 

He is clearly miffed as playing at home is usually yer fortress and should be intimidating, hence being worried that the fans aren't on top form at home. It's like we have to be 3 up before anything starts whereas it should be bouncing from 1St min. 

His team he ain't worried about its what he thought were the 12th man.