What is carlos worried about

it's absolutely crystal clear what he meant. He said he can't say too much for fear of a fine so it's obviously about officials.  Not just this game, but overall and their seeming bias against Sheffield Wednesday. And he is spot on. All teams get contentious decisions for and against them but there have been some huge injustices in the last 12 months which definitely never even out as some people claim.  FF sending off at Hull,  penalty not given at Derby,  Rovrum and Brighton changing the refs mind about an Owls goal last season, FF sent off today ONLY after PNE spoke to the linesman (which they are not supposed to do thsi season). 

I think he is right to be worried, we do not seem to be treated fairly or consistently (how was their GK not sent off for punching our player and then standing over his prostate body accusing him of cheating and wagging his finger.)

for the first time since Station used to come on here moaning about one particular player of ours years ago, who went to his beloved Toytown, I thought he was a prat today pushing Carlos.

It was obvious he didn't want to answer, and he is often a great bloke to interview because he is usually honest and talks for England (or Portugal maybe!).

For once he should have laid off him.

Apart from that Rob usually does a good job.

What does his different Portuguese mentality have to do with referees when he's been trying to get the crowd "on top" for parts of the game?

I think he has a valid point, but is on a hiding to nothing criticising fans, possibly realised it and switched to the officials. Pudil raised it previously.

8 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I think he is right to be worried, we do not seem to be treated fairly or consistently (how was their GK not sent off for punching our player and then standing over his prostate body accusing him of cheating and wagging his finger.)

Couldn't believe that. He clearly took Buckley out which in itself should have been at least a yellow card, then made it worse by having a go at Buckley while he was lying on the floor. It happened right in front of me and I thought at the time that he was heading for a definite red card. Couldn't believe it when he didn't get anything. Ref had clearly lost it - I don't think he knew what to do. There were a few players lost their heads today. Buckley was clearly injured. Looked like he had dislocated his shoulder or something. Was clearly holding his arm awkwardly when he came back on and if we hadn't already been down to 9 players I definitely don't think he would have come back on.

Think Carlos was definitely talking about officials.

11 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

it's absolutely crystal clear what he meant. He said he can't say too much for fear of a fine so it's obviously about officials.  Not just this game, but overall and their seeming bias against Sheffield Wednesday. And he is spot on. All teams get contentious decisions for and against them but there have been some huge injustices in the last 12 months which definitely never even out as some people claim.  FF sending off at Hull,  penalty not given at Derby,  Rovrum and Brighton changing the refs mind about an Owls goal last season, FF sent off today ONLY after PNE spoke to the linesman (which they are not supposed to do thsi season). 

Totally agree, another game from last season was QPR away, you would have thought the referee was given a back hand wad of cash from them that night. Some absolute crimimal decisions particularly when Sougou was borderline assaulted and somehow the referee didnt even give a foul! 

All a bit weird. What a crazy day. DC was at the match today first time in a while but I don't think thats related. Can only think its the officials, the ref was appalling and the young linesman was way out of his league and incapable of making a decision. Only saying what Carlos would probably like to say.

I don't normal go on about the crowd as I am not the most vocal supporter myself but we were 9 against 11 and then 9and a half against 11 trying to hold on to 2-1 

The players trying their best but to look up and see their own supporters streaming out of the ground rather than staying to give them some support must be a bit perplexing 

Strange old day. Good result poorish match, but a win is a win 3 more points.

The longer the interview went on the more emotional CC became. So who or what has upset him?

We don't know if the Chairman has said something to him that upset him.

What was strange was that at the end of the match CC came on the pitch to applaud the fans,

was he saying good bye?

Anyway as I said, strange old day.

Guest The Horse

It really was a bizarre interview.

He was the opposite to his pitch side persona.
During the match he was as animated as any fan would be - in the interview he sounded stoned.
I think Rob was right to drill into the bit where he said he was 'very worried for Sheffield Wednesday' - he just wanted Carlos to clarify what he was worried about.
Rob went about it a bit clumsily but it needed asking.
Maybe he was just tired and emotional after a bonkers day at work and felt that all his co-workers in the metaphorical office were not working as hard as him.
I think he was having a dig at all of us actually - players, officials and fans - just like any of us would when we get home after an emotional day and just spill it all out to the missus.

He mentioned something about the lights and the fans. In my view if those fans actually put their phones away and started to support the team by singing ect because its getting right on my boobies. Its not hard to sit and sing because people can sit and moan. We've had better atmospheres with 16k in the ground than last few games. 

CC is also probably p1ssed too at the seriously poo standard of reffing too. 

3 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

Strange old day. Good result poorish match, but a win is a win 3 more points.

The longer the interview went on the more emotional CC became. So who or what has upset him?

We don't know if the Chairman has said something to him that upset him.

What was strange was that at the end of the match CC came on the pitch to applaud the fans,

was he saying good bye?

Anyway as I said, strange old day.

No, he wasn't saying goodbye. During the game he was waving his arms at the crowd asking for support during a quiet spell .  He was thanking the crowd for responding. Carlos has often said that he is certain that a positive crowd reaction is important to the players. Last season he asked us not to moan at a player who made a mistake but to encourage him. We responded, Carlos said he appreciated that, and at Wembley you could see he was geunuinely upset for fans. Chansiri has this week reitereated his commitment to the club.   We can all play a part in success, I think this is brilliant, we're not just fans we're part of the team !   

14 minutes ago, Geosword said:

It really was a bizarre interview.

He was the opposite to his pitch side persona.
During the match he was as animated as any fan would be - in the interview he sounded stoned.
I think Rob was right to drill into the bit where he said he was 'very worried for Sheffield Wednesday' - he just wanted Carlos to clarify what he was worried about.
Rob went about it a bit clumsily but it needed asking.
Maybe he was just tired and emotional after a bonkers day at work and felt that all his co-workers in the metaphorical office were not working as hard as him.
I think he was having a dig at all of us actually - players, officials and fans - just like any of us would when we get home after an emotional day and just spill it all out to the missus.

this.

Saying ''very worried for Sheffield Wednesday' numerous times was very vague (granted language barrier)  

rob staton just wanted clarification on what he meant but should have probably just left it there, hopefully just officiating as mentioned and nothing deeper 

Edited by meadowview owl

I listened to that interview clearly we have a language difference here  

but he was so upset I couldn't quite make out just what he was trying or avoid saying -  at first it seemed the team, then the officials 

I don't blame staton tbh he sounded as confused as me 

10 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Carlos was talking about the officials, perhaps his explanation got a bit lost in translation and Rob's further questioning also. 

Taking a look at the tweets Carlos has liked after the game this is confirmed

https://twitter.com/carloscarvalha2/likes

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 21.14.31.png

Good bit of digging that. I don't think the refs are campaigning against us, I just think they're genuinely rubbish.