What is carlos worried about

8 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Carlos knows the crowd are an extra man on pitch. 

We all know the home crowds in Turkey, Sporting etc are very vocal at home and responsive to the manager rallying then hence his quote on being Portuguese. 

He is clearly miffed as playing at home is usually yer fortress and should be intimidating, hence being worried that the fans aren't on top form at home. It's like we have to be 3 up before anything starts whereas it should be bouncing from 1St min. 

His team he ain't worried about its what he thought were the 12th man. 

Why would moaning about the lack of home support (which he praises at the beginning of the interview) get him a fine? 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Why would moaning about the lack of home support (which he praises at the beginning of the interview) get him a fine? 

True, still think he thinks home support is lame, never used to be in early 90s there was always that chant going around ground. 

He's never lost it before like that. 

Probably worried about the sight of thousands leaving the stadium from the 70th minute - not once, but EVERY home match.It must be a little discouraging to the players, especially when you are down to 10 men, playing a side which seems to be getting on top, and you want the 'extra' man to encourage the side.

The sight of people leaving in such numbers is depressing to those of us who believe that football is a 90+ minute game, so  what is the effect on the team, and those in the home dug-out

7 hours ago, frastheowl said:

maybe he's frustrated at the clear apathy and arrogant expectation from a significant percentage of our fans, especially at Hillsborough,. 

But, as a fanbase, we need to wake up and realise what we've got. Despite us not playing to our full potential at Hillsborough all season...we're recording 2 points a game. We're sat in the playoff places. We're seeing quality players, trying to play quality football, week in, week out. And, most importantly, we've got a genuine, top, top coach in charge of us. Appreciate what we've got...because if we take things for granted, we could regret it sooner than we think.

Nail on the flippin head..Home fans are now going with an straight up expectation of a win...it's doing my nut in...and if we go through a rough spell in a match they turn on the players like its a friggin pantomime.The moaning and bitching around us at the moment is on another level..the kop is full of silly man (and woman) babies at the moment...and when ff gets the ball they expect him to smash it in from 40 yards..the kids who go with their parents think they are going to watch manchester united of the 90s this season...just because we had a great season last year and exceeded expectations.  I'm sure many of them just thought we had turn up at Wembley and we'd be in the champions league in 2 years.   How the f did we get from Stewart Grays team to this is in a year and a half.

Supports always been the same....Folk make crap up about the 90's..and don't think it isn't the same at every club up and down the country...cos it is.

Starts off with the usual racous stuff...if the game meanders it takes the usual turn off the pitch..its always happened most everywhere...

Then it takes a catalyst to start it off again...Goal..bad ref decision...bad tackle...

You hear so many managers say "Keep it tight...quieten the crowd in the first 20"...Simply because its a known fact..not only at Hillsborough, but everywhere else

The people who are pointing at the fans and lack of atmosphere should remember that fans react to the game.

It has always been that way.

Going on about fans not singing for a large period totally misses the point. For that long period we were playing quite poorly. It wasn't until we went down to 10 did we start playing. Then the fans came to the fore.

Remember what Stuart Gary always said; it's up to the players to get the fans going.

Thought we was quite poor on saturday after we had scored,

Persisted on possesion play in ineffective areas, Preston were there for the taking and we struggled from half time on in,

That is why I am worried, We can't give Rotherham and Barnsley them chances of getting back into a game I am affraid,

Grayson knows how to get summat out of us...Have our best player sent off, 3  games out for him is why CC is worried,

Edited by Dazblur

This thread lol

It's pretty obvious Carlos meant he's worried about Britain leaving the EU, that's why he mentions that he's Portuguese not English. He's worried about deportation. 

And the part where he tells Theresa May to hurry up with the brexit plans couldn't be clearer IMO  

It's pretty obvious it's the referees that is why he refused to say anything. Anything else he could have more up front with even if he was moaning about the fans.

I think it has finally struck him that what Dave Jones alluded to is true, we are treat harshly with referees.

I was in the south stand watching his reaction to some of the decisions Preston were getting and we were not getting like Joao being tripped, pulled and poked every time he was on the ball, he was in a rage at times.

I would be surprised if it is anything else. May be Rob Staton-the obvious can find out a bit more this week.

We have had worse refs this season, but the point is that it's yet another ref whose performance has not been up to scratch.

CC's attitude towards this will surely intensify with every poor ref we get. I certainly don't see why he'd see it in the context of it being "no worse than other refs we've had, so no need to get angry about it".

And talking of context, there is also the context of CC having previously said that he's asked for FF's treatment by refs to be more carefully considered by the league - and despite that we see FF get given a straight red, and their keeper get nothing for a very dangerous challenge on Buckley.

Personally, I think that refs and their assistants should study recent fixtures between the two sides before officiating in a game. Seeing how their players congratulated Pearson as though 'the plan worked', perhaps the match officials would have made a better decision if they'd have thought it likely that the Preston players would be looking in particular to wind Forestieri up, given he got sent off the last time we played each other.

It's not even obvious that the linesman actually fully witnessed the clash between FF and Pearson because he seemed not to have got the ref's attention until Pearson started remonstrating with him. Certainly he was close enough that he could have seen it, but since it was an off-the-ball incident his attention might also have been with play. Even so, seeing how incensed Pearson was, I can't help thinking that linesman was heavily swayed by this.

The ref thing will become a self fulfilling profecy if Carlos keeps alluding to it.

Dave Jones experienced the same thing and it didn't help him one bit.

He'd be better off going back to not believing in conspiracy theories and just getting on with it. He'll never win against the refs. They will just get worse the more we complain.

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

The ref thing will become a self fulfilling profecy if Carlos keeps alluding to it.

Dave Jones experienced the same thing and it didn't help him one bit.

He'd be better off going back to not believing in conspiracy theories and just getting on with it. He'll never win against the refs. They will just get worse the more we complain.

Ferguson did alright going that route though - as has Mourinho down the years.

In fact, I frequently see moaners get the most attention in life. Perhaps CC merely needs to do it more.

3 minutes ago, edwardjameswells said:

Ferguson did alright going that route though - as has Mourinho down the years.

In fact, I frequently see moaners get the most attention in life. Perhaps CC merely needs to do it more.

Refs feared Ferguson and he knew it.

This is totally different.

Once you start creating a victim story around refs and decisions, it never ends well. 

Just now, Beholder said:

Refs feared Ferguson and he knew it.

This is totally different.

Once you start creating a victim story around refs and decisions, it never ends well.

Give an example then. Since it never ends well there should be loads of examples.

And don't associate a manager getting sacked with him previously having complained about refs; I highly doubt any manager has been sacked for that reason alone.

In any case, Ferguson would not infrequently get fined for his comments about refs, and yet he would still do it because he knew it worked.

7 minutes ago, edwardjameswells said:

Give an example then. Since it never ends well there should be loads of examples.

And don't associate a manager getting sacked with him previously having complained about refs; I highly doubt any manager has been sacked for that reason alone.

In any case, Ferguson would not infrequently get fined for his comments about refs, and yet he would still do it because he knew it worked.

I gave you the example of Dave Jones.

And you shouldn't need more examples of how the victim story becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

It's a rule. Look at your own life. Look at anyone's life. Has being a 'poor me' ever brought you anything?

The victim story puts a reason for things going wrong outside one's self. Like blaming fans- it is part of the same thing.

Edited by Beholder

It's all about media coverage.

Ferguson and Mourinho got the issues on the back page of every newspaper as well as all the time on sky. These put the refs under immense pressure and they often reacted by favouring Man Utd and Chelsea.

We could never get that level of coverage so you are dismissed as a moaner and more often than not it works against you

12 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I gave you the example of Dave Jones.

And you shouldn't need more examples of how the victim story becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

It's a rule. Look at your own life. Look at anyone's life. Has being a 'poor me' ever brought you anything?

The victim story puts a reason for things going wrong outside one's self. Like blaming fans- it is part of the same thing.

Dave Jones was sacked because of poor results - and not before time was he sacked either. I can only think MM bought into his story of victimization because it's hard to explain how he stood by him for 17 games despite only 1 victory.

And looking at my own life, I see it as a rule that moaners get attention. Ask anyone who works in customer/media relations. The power to complain is power indeed.