Almen Abdi

Such a complete waste. 

I genuinely feel sorry for the bloke. 

Can't even get a place on the subs bench at the moment. He always posts/tweets just before our matches (which some players certainly would not do if they weren't featuring) only to then find himself sat in the stands once again. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Such a complete waste. 

Can't even get a place on the subs bench at the moment. He always posts/tweets just before our matches (which some players certainly would not do if they weren't featuring) only to then find himself sat in the stands once again. 

Totally agree.

As quite a few have said already if Abdi isn't even in  the squad Saturday given our current injury/suspension situ then his days are surely numbered. For me he starts as our most advanced midfield player behind Joao or Fletcher against Reading.

I don't think any of us really know what's going on (no surprise there!)

The guy could be suffering anxiety/mental issues for all we know.

Clearly a guy of his quality not getting in the matchday squad means something

is not right other than just form..he'd be on the bench if that was the case..

The problem now is, him not having played for so long he will not be up to speed. He is going to need 2/3games to get going time we have not got as the team need to kick on now to cement a place in top 6 and push on if possible for a challenge for top 2.. Will another club want buy him in January as he has not played for so long ?

26 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Such a complete waste. 

How can you ever feel sorry for a footballer, unless its under tragic circumstances like last week? He might not be playing in the 1st team, but he still plays football for a living, that will mean he can retire at 35 and comfortably live on a beach in luxury for the rest of his life.

I'm at work with flu, knowing that if I go home ill, I will not be able to afford Christmas and will be put under stress to not be ill again until 2018! 

34 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Such a complete waste. 

don't feel sorry for him, he's not shown anything in matches and it's probably a similar story in training

On 04/12/2016 at 09:18, owlZfan84 said:

At least he's still showing some enthusiasm for the club whilst not involved in the matchday squad. What else can the guy do? 

Some fans just aren't happy unless they are giving someone a kicking.

Abdi dosn't do them.  It's his management company. 

47 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

don't feel sorry for him, he's not shown anything in matches and it's probably a similar story in training

Can't speak about training, but on the odd occasion I've seen him, it would be unfair to suggest that he hasn't shown anything. He's been neat and tidy, without taking the game by the scruff of the neck, but maybe that has more to do with where he's been asked to play. There is an opportunity now, to play him in his favoured position, where he can dictate the play.

18 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

How can you ever feel sorry for a footballer, unless its under tragic circumstances like last week? He might not be playing in the 1st team, but he still plays football for a living, that will mean he can retire at 35 and comfortably live on a beach in luxury for the rest of his life.

I'm at work with flu, knowing that if I go home ill, I will not be able to afford Christmas and will be put under stress to not be ill again until 2018! 

Christ! Sounds like a fairly backward firm you work for.

I'd nip to the library and print off a copy of the employment act.

Read it well and keep it on you whenever you're in work.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Can't speak about training, but on the odd occasion I've seen him, it would be unfair to suggest that he hasn't shown anything. He's been neat and tidy, without taking the game by the scruff of the neck, but maybe that has more to do with where he's been asked to play. There is an opportunity now, to play him in his favoured position, where he can dictate the play.

Pure spin. Carlos clearly sees that as not applying himself to the game in the role he is supposed to be playing. Leave the safe passes for the defence. 

24 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

You ever heard of things being relative? 

Don't worry - I'm not holding some sort of candle lit vigil for Almen Abdi and his lack of game time. 

My point was having a degree of sympathy for a professional footballer not being able to play. I imagine that's pretty frustrating, regardless of how much money someone is on. 

I'm also of the opinion that one can have sympathy for a footballer outside of them dying in a plane crash. 

Each to their own I suppose. 

I think the squad selection on Saturday will show us if AA is in Carlos' plans for the rest of the season.

If he's included, then great. It could be the chance he's been waiting for.

If not, he'll be off in January.

At least he's in the squad photo though - that's a good start.

I don't see the midfield combo of Hutch and Lee as being creative enough at home

It is a good combo when you want to play compact and on the break but not when you want to carve teams up and create opportunities.

Problem is, apart from a 5 man midfield, nobody can see how Abdi would fit and there lies the problem.

33 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I don't see the midfield combo of Hutch and Lee as being creative enough at home

It is a good combo when you want to play compact and on the break but not when you want to carve teams up and create opportunities.

Problem is, apart from a 5 man midfield, nobody can see how Abdi would fit and there lies the problem.

I think it really has to be a five man midfield, because I don't really see an ideal front pairing with Forestieri and Hooper missing. What you get with Forestieri, apart from his goals, is someone who is constantly looking to play in between the lines. This causes teams problems. According to Scram, who's probably seen more of him than anyone, Abdi can also do that. That inventiveness is integral to the way we play, and although it would necessitate a slight change of formation, it's better than 2 big lads up front. If Plan A doesn't work, then send for the cavalry.