Almen Abdi

2 hours ago, Andoverowl said:

Not in the matchday squad yet again.  Genuine question for you all , Has he been given a fair chance during his time at S6?

should be given another chance at Reading in his preferred position. If he dosnt play next week , its clear he has no future at Hillsbro. 

Guest Copthorneowl

Sincerely hope he's given a proper chance over the next few games in an attacking midfield role.

I refuse to believe some very good posters on here and a few thousand Watford fans can all be wrong about him.n

If Carlos doesn't involve him over the next few games can't see him staying - not in his interests is it. Very sad really we were all so keen to see him in action especially after a good pre season

Was so excited when we signed him, really thought he would be the missing piece for us. Hope he gets a chance over the next 3 games while FF is out, he just has to take the chance.  We know he has real quality from his Watford days but haven't seen it here yet. 4 million for a player that doesn't even make the bench isn't great. 

I just wonder if that free-kick against Leeds had gone in instead of hitting the bar. That would have been him up and running, confidence up.

It seems we signed him without having a proper place for him. I've been genuinely gutted that he's been left out so much. He's not just someone who had just one standout year (Bothroyd), he's been one of the best midfielders in this league consistently. You can't get away from the fact he hasn't played in his correct position. I'm really, really hoping he'll be given a run of starts there.

Can someone do me a favour and explain what they mean when they say "with FF out Abdi can replace him, let's see what he does"?

Forestieri is best wide left or as a striker, the two positions he's played in all season. Abdi is a central attacking midfielder. Since when has a central attacking midfielder equated to being a left winger or a striker? Or am I missing something obvious? 

53 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Can someone do me a favour and explain what they mean when they say "with FF out Abdi can replace him, let's see what he does"?

Forestieri is best wide left or as a striker, the two positions he's played in all season. Abdi is a central attacking midfielder. Since when has a central attacking midfielder equated to being a left winger or a striker? Or am I missing something obvious? 

Change in formation to 4-5-1 as can't play forestieri in that formation easily, one up front. 4-5-1 lets you play with 3 in the middle mewing you can accommodate Abdi as an attacking midfielder as the most forward of the 3 behind the lone striker.