Almen Abdi

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Am I the only one that thought 'Thats a good signing, but how the hell does he fit into our team' when we bought him?  Our midfield was magnificent last season.

Carlos can be stubborn but he is not stupid..There must be a reason why he doesn't start but wants to keep things within the squad..Same with Mcgugan.

And I'm incredibly dubious that he was chosen by Carlos.

I gather you didn't see or hear CC's interview when we signed Abdi? Then again he might have been toeing the party line.

We tried to play 5 across the midfield with Abdi in the advanced position against Wigan at home.

It didn't work for several reasons, none of which were down to Abdi but of course he got the flack on here.

The main reason was that the supposed wide players still kept coming into central midfield and it became too cramped.

If we do play it we need the wide players to stay wide. Reach on left , whoever on right

45 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Play Lee out wide on right (if Wallace and Buckley still injured) on Sat with Hutch and Abdi and Bannan on left).  Be brilliant to see what a central midfield pairing of Abdi and Hutch looks like:  ooooooooooof

「abdi and hutch」の画像検索結果

We would then have a Lee shaped hole in the centre of our midfield.

lol

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

We tried to play 5 across the midfield with Abdi in the advanced position against Wigan at home.

It didn't work for several reasons, none of which were down to Abdi but of course he got the flack on here.

The main reason was that the supposed wide players still kept coming into central midfield and it became too cramped.

If we do play it we need the wide players to stay wide. Reach on left , whoever on right

And we did win the game, although granted, not convincingly. However, we are now playing better than we were then, and quite frankly, without Forestieri and Hooper, I'd take a win by the odd goal

Edited by gurujuan

On 04/12/2016 at 05:11, Mr. Tom said:

Pure speculation this, but I do wonder if there's an element of staff politics underpinning some of this - we saw how DC and Carlos chose to play hardball with other clubs over the whole FF thing, and it does seem as though Abdi was essentially added to our Watford shopping basket as something of a non-optional 'extra' when we'd only really popped in for a bit of Pudil. Unless I've misunderstood the situation back then, I didn't really get the impression we'd gone looking to buy Abdi of our own volition, and maybe Watford had us over a barrel a bit, knowing how urgently we needed to strengthen at the back.

*If* that was indeed the case, I do wonder if there's a bit of 'nobody tells us who to put in our team' going on, in addition to whatever fitness issues Abdi's working through.

Hope he gets a better chance after Xmas when we've proved to everyone else that we can still hold a strong league position again with the team we basically already had.

Comedy post of the year lollollol

23 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Totally bizarre. We charge top whack for tickets and shirts etc yet have millions of quid weeing up the wall in wasted wages.

FFP would be comfortable if we managed the squad correctly.

Absolutely agree. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago how frustrating I find it that at the beginning of the season (maybe last) DC said something about us fans having to dig deep and help out with getting this team promoted because it cant be all down to him etc etc.

Well if that's the case can you explain the complete waste of our hard earned cash Mr Chairman and the complete mis-management of our recruitment?

And to top it off you get CC saying that the chairman has told him "we will not sell any player"???? Surely that doesn't include the truck load of unused poo we have sitting around collecting a wage packet each week?