Hooper - waste of a shirt

Why do we hate?

We win and STILL find summat wrong

Are we really great fans or don't we understand football, all aspects of playing I mean

"Maybe I'll rattle a few by starting a new thread. I love Wednesday allus have done. I know nowt but I like Owlstalk!"

Take some smiling tablets it will help grrrrrrrrrrrr

44 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

The work rate of Hooper infuriates me.

He disengages, when the opposites  have the ball.  Modern forwards don't do this.

Load of bo**ocks.

There were a few occasions where I said I wish he was in the box cause he'd have buried it if he was, so he obviously doesn't just stand there when they have the ball.

1 hour ago, peacock1961 said:

he had a good game today, anyone who couldn't see that needs to seriously think about following another sport.

Very clever at the end wasting time and holding up play.

This. 

Played well without scoring. Only the plebs seem to think he has to score every game. 

20 minutes ago, BathgateBob said:

Hi Atdhe. I see you're after getting a start.

Oh the irony of this post. 

The OP's entire existence was pretty much defined by slating Nuhiu for nigh on two years. 

Now that Adthe is largely warming the bench, he's got to move onto a new target. 

I often get the feeling it's like debating with school kids.

Hooper exploited the gaps at the back running their centre backs left and right. He didn't need and it wasn't his role to go on mind boggling dribbles. He opened up s[ace for others to exploit.

We were never under pressure and all played their part never been less nervous last 15 as we played out the game comfortably.

Huddersfield fans must be thinking they are miles away from us in terms of game nous  and I wouldn't be surprised to see them fall away a little now.

I don't see why the OP'r  can't be happy with the progress we continue to make.

2 hours ago, zzmdu said:

As title, far too lazy for the modern game. Like playing with 10 men.

The modern game?!?! Do you actually understand the game at all? On any level?

And talking of lazy, where are your reasons for your accusation? At least offer us something otherwise we will all think you are just plain stupid.

OP couldn't be more wrong on Hooper today...  Intelligent forward play and held the ball up brilliantly.  Some of his first touches were superb.  Sure, he lacks an injection of pace across 2 yards but, awaybfrom home, back often to goal, he couldnt have had a much better game in my view.  UTO!

I have been anti Hooper starting because of our tactics of sitting back early in games but today we were more attacking from the start and it suited him.

He played really well and took on the job from Fletcher of leading the line. He is not lazy but he is not that mobile , I will be kind to the op and say he cannot distinguish between the two. Mobility is the issue he has but it was not a problem today, he played well .

It happened so quick when you were at the game but it looked to me like he cleared a certain goal off the line as well.

Did he?

6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I have been anti Hooper starting because of our tactics of sitting back early in games but today we were more attacking from the start and it suited him.

He played really well and took on the job from Fletcher of leading the line. He is not lazy but he is not that mobile , I will be kind to the op and say he cannot distinguish between the two. Mobility is the issue he has but it was not a problem today, he played well .

It happened so quick when you were at the game but it looked to me like he cleared a certain goal off the line as well.

Did he?

Yep it was hooper who got back to head the ball off the line - not bad for a lazy player! 

Thought he had a great game myself