Wednesday vs Brighton & Hove Albion attendance prediction

2 hours ago, ohgoditsjames said:

27350 against Forest.

Very poor that Brighton haven't even sold 800, it's Saturday 3pm kick off and you'd of thought that they'd be interested after what happened with the play offs etc.

Wednesday is one of about 10 very long aways for Brighton this season that means leaving home at 8am and not getting back until around 11pm. For most people, there's only so many times you can do a 15 hour away day in a season.

We've got a good average of about 2-3000 away fans that tend to travel to places within 2-3 hours, but I'd be surprised if we bring more than 500 on Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, BHA83 said:

Wednesday is one of about 10 very long aways for Brighton this season that means leaving home at 8am and not getting back until around 11pm. For most people, there's only so many times you can do a 15 hour away day in a season.

We've got a good average of about 2-3000 away fans that tend to travel to places within 2-3 hours, but I'd be surprised if we bring more than 500 on Saturday.

That's poor, we would bring more than that to you on a night match! Understand what your saying about having lots of long trips, doesn't stop the geordies though and don't think it would stop us either. You either have good away support or don't, you don't its average at best.Great home support in recent years though. Back on track 27,202

18 minutes ago, BHA83 said:

I would have thought Wednesday was one of your closest northern games at 230 miles (4 and half hour drive)? Appreciate it's still a long way mind!

Reckon 27k + would be a decent turnout.

The crowds are gradually creeping up especially when you consider we haven't performed at full throttle yet.

If we really start giving it some and things are getting interesting again, we have started much earlier this year regarding 'decent' crowds and i reckon if we do get on a roll, they could go through the roof.

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I would have thought Wednesday was one of your closest northern games at 230 miles (4 and half hour drive)? Appreciate it's still a long way mind!

Google maps may say it's a 4.5 hour drive (non-stop), but the average Saturday traffic on the M25 makes it 5 hours, then adding wee wee breaks plus time to park up and walk to the ground (and maybe have a pint if you've not been held up) means leaving at 8am at the latest.  So although it's closer to than somewhere like Leeds or Blackburn, it doesn't really make much difference as it's still an 'all-dayer', by which I mean you get up while your wife and kids are still in bed and get home after they've all gone to bed.  There's no doubt that long away days like that with your mates are fun, but any more than 2-3 times a season and it becomes a chore.

I am fully aware that Wednesday have good away support and will bring a couple of thousand to the south coast. However that's got to be your longest trip of the season by a good hour at least, hasn't it?  Imagine how many might give it a miss if you had that sort of trip another 8-9 times a season.

10 hours ago, BHA83 said:

Google maps may say it's a 4.5 hour drive (non-stop), but the average Saturday traffic on the M25 makes it 5 hours, then adding wee wee breaks plus time to park up and walk to the ground (and maybe have a pint if you've not been held up) means leaving at 8am at the latest.  So although it's closer to than somewhere like Leeds or Blackburn, it doesn't really make much difference as it's still an 'all-dayer', by which I mean you get up while your wife and kids are still in bed and get home after they've all gone to bed.  There's no doubt that long away days like that with your mates are fun, but any more than 2-3 times a season and it becomes a chore.

I am fully aware that Wednesday have good away support and will bring a couple of thousand to the south coast. However that's got to be your longest trip of the season by a good hour at least, hasn't it?  Imagine how many might give it a miss if you had that sort of trip another 8-9 times a season.

It's a fair point that we are fortunate to be fairly central in the country it does make away days more convenient for us than you. 

Back on topic a few opposing factors it's getting colder,  less away fans, we are playing better therefore there should be a few more home fans. 

All this equals about the same as the Forest game.