Wednesday vs Brighton & Hove Albion attendance prediction

8 hours ago, F. Spiksley said:

Pretty good so far. Agree.

http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england2

68% full????

Wonder how accurate that is? We had two different attendances for the Forest game, it was announced as 26,900 but the Twitter account announced it as 27,350, wonder which one they used, is there anyway to contact them?. Don't think that website is fully up to date yet? 

Edited by ohgoditsjames

12 minutes ago, vfowl said:

aint it great that noone is thinking less than 25k - hark back to last season dont even go any further back.. love to see the old lady full again

Yes it is great, although you can look back to last year and every other year for at least the last 30 and there has been nothing wrong with our crowds. It was the team/club/football that was the problem. Nothing wrong with 20k average attendances when the product your watching is crap.

Edited by OWL1969

On 28/09/2016 at 19:08, BHA83 said:

Google maps may say it's a 4.5 hour drive (non-stop), but the average Saturday traffic on the M25 makes it 5 hours, then adding wee wee breaks plus time to park up and walk to the ground (and maybe have a pint if you've not been held up) means leaving at 8am at the latest.  So although it's closer to than somewhere like Leeds or Blackburn, it doesn't really make much difference as it's still an 'all-dayer', by which I mean you get up while your wife and kids are still in bed and get home after they've all gone to bed.  There's no doubt that long away days like that with your mates are fun, but any more than 2-3 times a season and it becomes a chore.

I am fully aware that Wednesday have good away support and will bring a couple of thousand to the south coast. However that's got to be your longest trip of the season by a good hour at least, hasn't it?  Imagine how many might give it a miss if you had that sort of trip another 8-9 times a season.

Brighton is 3 hours with a decent run only time takes 4hours is midweek when every bloody motorway these days seems to be reduced to 1 lane at best.

Wish I'd never mentioned travel time. There's too many variables that affect it between the realities of normal Saturday matchday traffic, both on the motorways and in the town/city of the game, and leaving at 3am post zombie apocalypse (which would allow you to average 80mph for 230 miles). 

Can an I change my original claim to: Brighton average somewhere in the region of 2000-3000 away fans for all games within a 150mile radius? I'll leave it at that.  Let's enjoy the game. 

Guest Copthorneowl
2 hours ago, BHA83 said:

Brighton to Sheffield? 230 miles. 

Where I live Copthorne w Sussex is 25 mins to Brighton and I travel to Sheffield to most home games and to see my mother-in-law regularly. Done so for over 30 years mostly takes around 3hrs 30 mins at most depending on M25 traffic it's complete bull shine to say anywhere remotely near 5 hrs on normal run.

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

Where I live Copthorne w Sussex is 25 mins to Brighton and I travel to Sheffield to most home games and to see my mother-in-law regularly. Done so for over 30 years mostly takes around 3hrs 30 mins at most depending on M25 traffic it's complete bull shine to say anywhere remotely near 5 hrs on normal run.

And the 3.30hrs is to Hillsborough takes me 3 hrs max to junction 31 M1 Worksop.