Wednesday vs Brighton & Hove Albion attendance prediction

22 hours ago, BHA83 said:

Wednesday is one of about 10 very long aways for Brighton this season that means leaving home at 8am and not getting back until around 11pm. For most people, there's only so many times you can do a 15 hour away day in a season.

We've got a good average of about 2-3000 away fans that tend to travel to places within 2-3 hours, but I'd be surprised if we bring more than 500 on Saturday. 

testicles you've got that 2-3K away that travel to local games, utter testicles. Derby is the edge of that time frame you took 1300. Let's be honest given your home gates your away numbers are awful.

BTW Pompey took 737 to Blackpool midweek, Plymouth took 916 to Orient..... even Carlisle managed 448 at Donny. Proper away support.

2 hours ago, Josesemedosjockstrap said:

testicles you've got that 2-3K away that travel to local games, utter testicles. Derby is the edge of that time frame you took 1300. Let's be honest given your home gates your away numbers are awful.

You seem to have the stats. Could you point me to them? I'd be confident that if you were to take Brighton's average away attendance for last year to all 'local' games within a 2-3 hour drive, that it'd be over 2000.  We averaged over 1600 for the entire season including matches like Rotherham on a Tuesday night in January!

Derby is about 200 miles from Brighton. It's not a 2-3 hour drive.  The clubs within that sort of travelling time last season would have been the 4 London clubs plus Reading, MK Dons and Ipswich.

Edited by BHA83

5 hours ago, BHA83 said:

You seem to have the stats. Could you point me to them? I'd be confident that if you were to take Brighton's average away attendance for last year to all 'local' games within a 2-3 hour drive, that it'd be over 2000.  We averaged over 1600 for the entire season including matches like Rotherham on a Tuesday night in January!

Derby is about 200 miles from Brighton. It's not a 2-3 hour drive.  The clubs within that sort of travelling time last season would have been the 4 London clubs plus Reading, MK Dons and Ipswich.

Believe me mate, he will have the stats. If he is who I think he is, he provides away numbers to many clubs so they can anticipate how many to expect at their grounds.

14 hours ago, BHA83 said:

Bristol City, Birmingham also within the 2-3 hour drive. 

Your figures for last season are definitely weighted by the MK following which was an exception rather than the rule, you took an impressive 7k there at a tenner a pop, it was your first visit wasn't it?

16 minutes ago, Josesemedosjockstrap said:

Bristol City, Birmingham also within the 2-3 hour drive. 

Your figures for last season are definitely weighted by the MK following which was an exception rather than the rule, you took an impressive 7k there at a tenner a pop, it was your first visit wasn't it?

Been to MK before in League 1. Take away that game and I'd still reckon over 2000 average for those remaining games. I'm just estimating as I really don't have the stats, but know that we filled our allocations at the London Clubs and took something like 2500k to Reading and about 1000-1500 to Ipswich (which is the most expensive and one of the shittest away ends). 

Birmingham and Bristol might be doable in 3 hours if you put your foot down, had no stops and didn't have any M25 or M6 traffic. They're certainly not on a Tuesday evening!