Where are you @ with Carvalhal?

Sat on the train back from Brum now and I cannot express how p1ssed off I am. We bossed it for the first 25 minutes then seemed to decide to bugger off because we hadn't made it count. Then we nicked a lucky goal and seemed to think we'd put them away when we'd done anything but.

Does that mean I want Carlos out? Does it heck. We're 8 games in and we haven't had one game yet where we've hit the heights of last season and really convinced. We're waiting for something to click, and we've got to sit tight and hope we keep kicking results like we did in the previous games until it clicks. But after last season I have total faith in Carlos to make it happen.

1 minute ago, poite said:

Funny thing is. If we had lost the first leg after having 4 of our players going off injured and then struggled to overcome the defesit in the 2nd leg wed all be on here saying how unlucky we were and that Brighton had won the jackpot of luck over those 2 games.

We were beating them before Sidwell went off and imo opinion they played their best football in that game with ten men 

We got to the play-off final because we damn well earned it over 46 games then 2 games post season yes we had some luck both good luck and bad luck 

I can't stand fans trying to prove how clever they are by trying to re-write history 

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

We were beating them before Sidwell went off and imo opinion they played their best football in that game with ten men 

We got to the play-off final because we damn well earned it over 46 games then 2 games post season yes we had some luck both good luck and bad luck 

I can't stand fans trying to prove how clever they are by trying to re-write history 

No idea what you mean by that. My only point is that we were very luckily in that game and had it been the other way round we would have been saying how terribly unlucky we were.

I never said we didn't deserve to win it. I can't stand fans taking simple comments completely out of context. 

2 minutes ago, poite said:

No idea what you mean by that. My only point is that we were very luckily in that game and had it been the other way round we would have been saying how terribly unlucky we were.

I never said we didn't deserve to win it. I can't stand fans taking simple comments completely out of context. 

didn't mean you 

Best manager wev had in years. Did wonders last season for us, and I believe he will do better this season. Far too early in season to judge in my opinion. I do question abdi out wide but in Carlos we trust!!!!  Remember, Carlos had a dream to build a football team!!!!!!!! It will come good. Believe!!! Wawaw

I think you only have to look at his record. Usually lasts a season then gets sacked. His stubborn ways will cost us. Other teams have learnt how to play against him by being physical and putting the ball in the air. The stat before the game was that we averaged around 57% of possession in our last 8 games. How much of that is passed around the back before Lees gets bored an punts it up the field to Fletcher. We need to play to our strengths which is a high pressure game and counter attacking teams, which we did so well when we went on that great run from November to February. We didn't recruit well this summer. Every swfc fan this summer said we only needed to improve in 4 ways. Pacey striker, a direct winger, a unit in CM to win us the ball and a new CB to partner Lees. Its all well an good signing players like Abdi and Reach but they don't fit into Carlos' system

I think that CC is a good manager, but is he the right manager? If we had, say, Newcastle's resources then maybe he'd get us up. I guess what I'm saying is: are are we good enough for him? Do we have the resources for the players to play the CC way and gain promotion? I'm not so sure. When we were all waxing lyrical about the great Spanish side, I remember Martinez saying that a lot of those players probably wouldn't have made it here, because they're not big and strong enough. In Iberia it's pass, pass, pass. In this country it's about is he big, is he strong, can he run? There has to be a physical element, unless you have Barcelona's or Spain's players and you can beat your opponents purely with skill.