Where are you @ with Carvalhal?

Last season we were an unknown quantity with a new manager and a lot of new players - which is the case with Huddersfield at present - so this season was always going to be more difficult anyway. That would apply to any club, and if Huddersfield stay down their results will like as not be worse next season than this. The last non-parachute team to get out of this division were 'Boro, and that was based on a rock-solid defence. They weren't always great to watch, but they ground out the results. And let's face it, any team going into the PL from this division would get absolutely walloped playing the CC way...unless we can afford Arsenal's players, that is.

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Just like everyone else is, oh thats right they aren't

Arrogance like that is why we get called arrogant 

Judging by the cost and therefore the perceived quality of the players on show I don't think it's arrogant. I think most neutral football fans would see us as a better team than Birmingham. Wouldn't you? Their players are lesser known players two of who came from us several seasons ago, ours have cost 2,3,4 even 5 millions pounds each. I would certainly expect them to be better than Burton, Leeds or Birmingham players.

Barring Fletcher and, from what little we've seen from our £5m left back, Reachhis recruitment this summer has been poor. 

That at and his lack of ability to recognise a Plan B away from home will cost him, and us. 

I dont think CC will get us promoted. He bottled it in the final ( Jeremy Helan first sub anyone?) and that will prove his one chance. 

We will be mid table folder this year. 

Starting to get worried.

I came on here after Bristol game and said we were lucky to get away with that and got slated. Today we lost when we were 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go. Not good enough for me. We're making silly mistakes and it continues every game. Soft goals are being conceded and we seem to be having plenty of possession but not taking our chances when on top. 

Concerned indeed.

2 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

He seems to be backing off making the tough decisions which is concerning.

Lee and Bannan cannot play together in the middle but he won't move from it.

It causing problems all across the midfield, which is having a knock on effect on the defense - its not getting enough cover, we are starting to concede sloppy goals and Westwood clearly has lost confidence  - not a good place to be.

Abdi on the wing again - case in point - mental.

CC has had 8+ games this term - how many more does he need to see this isn't working?

If he cant make these tough decisions, it will cost him.  Yes he has been great but DC has spent a lot of cash and has a target...if CC can't get the best out of this squad then he will be replaced by someone who can, simple as that.

How is that suddenly Bannan and Lee can't play together ?

I could have swore i watched them most of last season playing in midfield together 

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

I could have swore i watched them most of last season playing in midfield together 

They're inconsistent. Blinkered fans just think of the good performances. I'm sure you must be bewildered how we don't win every week, you seem to rate the team and manager so highly...

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Starting to get worried.

I came on here after Bristol game and said we were lucky to get away with that and got slated. Today we lost when we were 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go. Not good enough for me. We're making silly mistakes and it continues every game. Soft goals are being conceded and we seem to be having plenty of possession but not taking our chances when on top. 

Concerned indeed.

If Westwood didn't make that daft decision do you think we would have won that game?

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

They're inconsistent. Blinkered fans just think of the good performances. I'm sure you must be bewildered how we don't win every week, you seem to rate the team and manager so highly...

If you mean there are probably better players than one or the other then say that and have the discussion but to say they can't can't play together is just moronic rubbish

45 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I'm struggling with him. He's a nice bloke like Stuart Gray but I think somebody else could get better out of us

I thought we played well today  untill Westwood had two nightmare moments.

For the pen there was no need for him to rush off his line and if he had done his homework

he would have stood tall in the middle of the net.

For the second goal he was rooted in no mans land and conceded a very poor goal.

BUT and its a big but CC has got to decide who is his best eleven are where to play those eleven.

10 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I don't think they can every match.

Bannan played wide more than centrally last season.

We came 6th and this year needed to look to buy players to

improve us. I think against all but the very best teams you can play them together at home.

Away from home, I am

just not seeing it. Definitely not in a 2.

26 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Yep we were lucky as buggery against Brighton 

Funny thing is. If we had lost the first leg after having 4 of our players going off injured and then struggled to overcome the deficit in the 2nd leg wed all be on here saying how unlucky we were and that Brighton had won the jackpot of luck over those 2 games.

Edited by poite