Where are you @ with Carvalhal?

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Patience folks. Even after an uncharacteristic goalkeeping error we were the width of a crossbar off winning.

We're still working at getting the system right. It's a tough league.  Forget Chansiri's promotion promise  - stick with it. 

Crossbar or not mate, our defence should have been concentrating..

When the ball bounced back and they started running at us my son in law just said, "there going to score now" - I didn't realise we were going to gift it them...

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Haven't read any of this thread but I'll comment anyway, Carlos isn't to blame for what happened today but some of the players should be disappointed with themselves. Namely Abdi, FF and Westwood. If those 3 had performed better today we would have won easily 

Unfortunately for your argument Carlos picks the team and he currently has plenty to choose from....

and is the man to make changes if someone isn't performing...

I would have been unhappy with a point but to lose was soul destroying. 

Westwood error turned the game but won't get on his back as how many points will he save us this season? Plenty I would say. 

Its football for you, won the game we should have lost in midweek and lost the game we should have won today. 

Thats the championship for you. Onto the next game. UTO

3 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Crossbar or not mate, our defence should have been concentrating..

When the ball bounced back and they started running at us my son in law just said, "there going to score now" - I didn't realise we were going to gift it them...

Bad defending yes but I think the team and CC have earned a bit of patience. 

14 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Unfortunately for your argument Carlos picks the team and he currently has plenty to choose from....

and is the man to make changes if someone isn't performing...

So you mean Carlos should have foreseen Westwood making a mistake today and FF missing some chances and started with Dawson and dropped FF before kickoff? 

If Sanchez and Cech have poor games for Arsenal I don't think people would blame Wenger for selecting them.

And Carlos did replace Abdi with Hooper who then scored the goal and we were winning at that moment.

Its unfortunate but it seems that Abdi blew the chance given by Carlos today to be worthy of a starting place.  If Abdi starts against Forest then I will agree with you that Carlos is wrong with that selection 

Edited by Southie_Owl

Great guy. Done a great job. Won't get us promoted. 

Steve Bruce would get us promoted.

Carlos is like the exciting bird with big knockers and no morals. No idea what you will walk into when you come home from work. 

Bruce is the one who pays all the bills, puts tea on the table and organises the kids. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

You have to assess how we're playing and what the potential is. I'd give him the whole of this season and the start of next.  We're nowhere near Dave Jones, Yorath etc territory. There's a cliche about sticking with a manager - for once I think we should give it a go. 

Fairplay and I value your thoughts,  however I could only agree with you if I we were seeing progression, given the money spent I'm not too sure we're seeing any...

We're seeing good possession football but the results are as hit and miss as last season, surely we should now be starting to show a bit more "consistency" ?

The football under Bruce would be turgid and there are no guarantees he would get us up. 

Only 8 games in and whilst the results have been disappointing, there are 38 games to go, the equivalent of an entire season in the premier league. 

One thing I will say though is I feel we desperately need a ball winner in the middle of the park. 

Not sure Jones can be that player and Hutch seems to get injured more in midfield. 

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

33 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Patience folks. Even after an uncharacteristic goalkeeping error we were the width of a crossbar off winning.

We're still working at getting the system right. It's a tough league.  Forget Chansiri's promotion promise  - stick with it. 

Patience to a point.

Last 13 games (ignoring play offs and Wolves away where we fielded our reserves)

Won 4

Drawn 5

Lost 4

17 points from 39.

That is a million miles away from promotion form.

It's failing to score from chances being created that is killing us.

Against Leeds, Brentford and today we should have scored at least two goals in the first halves.  I don't think you can blame Carlos that the players didn't take the chances. 

I remember some on here saying that we'd score a hatful of goals soon but the evidence seems to be that we don't have the players to put the ball in the net. 

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

It's failing to score from chances being created that is killing us.

Against Leeds, Brentford and today we should have scored at least two goals in the first halves.  I don't think you can blame Carlos that the players didn't take the chances. 

I remember some on here saying that we'd score a hatful of goals soon but the evidence seems to be that we don't have the players to put the ball in the net. 

But its by playing a settled attack that we get an understanding, so the players know when to run, when to hold back, when to pass etc..

191 minutes is our most regular pairing, after 8 matches (720 minutes). There is a big problem in that.

30 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

And Carlos did replace Abdi with Hooper who then scored the goal and we were winning at that moment

We were drawing when Abdi went off

We lost the game

Your desperation to put 2 + 2 together to make a point isn't quite adding up to a logical number