Where are you @ with Carvalhal?

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

the same supporters that simultaneously insist most of our players are premiership players but feel we did well to make the playoffs...

we dont have premiership players we have good  championship  players who have played for premiership clubs .......

The only 'gripe' I think we could have with him is that he seems to have brought in the wrong type of player this summer. He brought in two centre midfielders when we probably only needed one (a proper defensive one too not an attacking and one I can't quitepl put my finger on) and didn't spend big on bringing in a new cb.

Still I think we'll come good, I'd be very disappointed in chansiri if carlos walked tomorrow. Or walked anytime actually

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

I like Carlos, he comes across well and did brilliant last year. I do also think however we could have won at Wembley if Carlos was a bit more flexible in his approach to "just winning." He will come under pressure this season if we continue to be inconsistant like it or not. We have spent millions on the squad, we should be steam-rollering teams like Burton and Birmingham. Mr Chansiri will want a return on his money and Carlos will know that.

1 minute ago, Blue n White Rampage said:

i'm convinced part of his management philosophy is to ease players into the team.

maybe he's not convinced about buckley's fitness level yet.

the players dropped a boIIock today, not carlos.

i don't like abdi on the left but i'm man enough to admit that i think carlos might be more educated than me regarding football management.

we need to keep the ball in the opposition's half, lose the balls played straight from the back or lofted down the wing and we'll be much more effective

No it was entirely down to bringing Atty on 

I mean he made Westwood take Donaldson out ( was he on the pitch then or is he so bad he influences games from the bench too ) and then Atty blatently instructing Loovens to play their striker onside and Lees and Reach not to challenge Maghoma what a stinky flaps Atty is

Guest The Claw
35 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I'm struggling with him. He's a nice bloke like Stuart Gray but I think somebody else could get better out of us

shut up

13 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Results and performances haven't been what they should given our squad of players IMO. But it is early doors, we're better off than this time last season, and Carlos has earned the right to have a good crack at it this year.

Regarding your mention of top 6, I feel this squad should be challenging for the top 2 in all honesty.

Couldn't have put it better.

2 minutes ago, mike312 said:

I like Carlos, he comes across well and did brilliant last year. I do also think however we could have won at Wembley if Carlos was a bit more flexible in his approach to "just winning." He will come under pressure this season if we continue to be inconsistant like it or not. We have spent millions on the squad, we should be steam-rollering teams like Burton and Birmingham. Mr Chansiri will want a return on his money and Carlos will know that.

Just like everyone else is, oh thats right they aren't

Arrogance like that is why we get called arrogant 

Just now, Carl Shutt is God said:

Serious question. If Westwood had not given that stupid penalty away and we had won 1-0 would you have started this thread tonight?

you could make that sort of excuse for every manager ever, the fact is that we're in the bottom half when we've spent money that should be challenging for the title. 

I like the guy but can't help but think that maybe last season was our chance with Carlos in charge. This season is going to be tougher because more is expected of him. None of us know how patient Chansiri will be, especially seeing as he promised us PL football next season - something I think he should have kept to himself.

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

you could make that sort of excuse for every manager ever, the fact is that we're in the bottom half when we've spent money that should be challenging for the title. 

You could post to say a manager should be sacked every week from the day he is hired and you would be right eventually.

We may be challenging for the title in 6 months time. I personally expect between 4th and 6th but that's just my opinion.

We have had a fairly poor start. I am disappointed. I also remember last season and how well we did. I am not sure what you expected last season.

37 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Nonsense to even speak about this right now.

He's caught between a rock & a hard place right now. Spent plenty on the likes of Abdi & Reach but can't quite fit them into their best positions just now.

Typically he's one of the most tactically sound managers in this league. We'll click soon enough.

He's over complicating things right now though. 

He seems to be backing off making the tough decisions which is concerning.

Lee and Bannan cannot play together in the middle but he won't move from it.

It causing problems all across the midfield, which is having a knock on effect on the defense - its not getting enough cover, we are starting to concede sloppy goals and Westwood clearly has lost confidence  - not a good place to be.

Abdi on the wing again - case in point - mental.

CC has had 8+ games this term - how many more does he need to see this isn't working?

If he cant make these tough decisions, it will cost him.  Yes he has been great but DC has spent a lot of cash and has a target...if CC can't get the best out of this squad then he will be replaced by someone who can, simple as that.

We have a great squad and I am sure there are a 1/2 decent managers out there keeping half an eye on our struggles who would relish the chance to work with this group of players

Edited by Earlsfieldowl