Where are you @ with Carvalhal?

13 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Nonsense to even speak about this right now.

He's caught between a rock & a hard place right now. Spent plenty on the likes of Abdi & Reach but can't quite fit them into their best positions just now.

Typically he's one of the most tactically sound managers in this league. We'll click soon enough.

He's over complicating things right now though. 

Share these sentiments.

I do think he's stitching players up and I think he needs to be a bit stronger and have the cahoonas to leave players out. 

Hes ruining Abdi at the minute. 

To to suggest a change is daft and I can't believe I'm seeing it. 

16 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Sorry but its far too early for this sort of talk. And it sounds like you're genuine and not wumming about. Frustrating but 8 games in the whole league is still finding its feet. 

True but if the next 8 matches are as bad, it is then a right struggle to get top 6, let alone improving on 6th.

Forest and Blackburn must be key to determining his future.

Guest white kanu
1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

They seemed to play quite well together on tuesday and most of last season 

Exactly. No idea where this current suggestion has emerged from on this board.

I think that we'd have to have a very, very good team to be able to gain promotion playing the CC way. Offensively CC knows his onions, but defensively he leaves a lot to be desired. We can't kill a game off and we lack muscle. If you're going to rely purely on passing and moving and "energy" to win then you've got to have better players than we have, or indeed anybody has in this division. How do you win when you're out of sorts? The sort of teams which gain promotion end this game after Hooper scores, and, frankly, we'd be doing better away from home with Stuart Gray at the helm. I can understand DC wanting a better style of football at S6, but points are more important than presentation when so much money has been invested.

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Agree but just don't get how you can progress in 8 games. We are 3 points away from 6th place as it stands. A good run and we'll soon be in the top 6 again. 

Results and performances haven't been what they should given our squad of players IMO. But it is early doors, we're better off than this time last season, and Carlos has earned the right to have a good crack at it this year.

Regarding your mention of top 6, I feel this squad should be challenging for the top 2 in all honesty.

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

what has the last 20 years got to do with Carvalhal failing to deliver?

If you're starting your argument with the assumption that Carlos failed to deliver last season then I feel you're at odds with virtually every other supporter of the club.

And probably should seek mental help.

I love the guy like you all with what he has done but this season I am sorry to say looks clueless. Players constantly out of position. ..abdi should be smashing this league and he is isn't because of Carlos putting him in wrong place. He has got to learn that 3 points are 3 points and sometimes defensive stability is keen instead of trying to score again 

1 minute ago, Dan™ said:

If you're starting your argument with the assumption that Carlos failed to deliver last season then I feel you're at odds with virtually every other supporter of the club.

And probably should seek mental help.

the same supporters that simultaneously insist most of our players are premiership players but feel we did well to make the playoffs...

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

how can you possibly question the team spirit ....anyone who went   other night or made  the trip down to brentford would know what a stupid comment that is

Maybe team spirit isnt quite the right terminology. I think it's more about the forcing some players into positions just to have them on the pitch. We sometimes seem to sacrifice having the right team on the pitch to have certain players on it instead

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

I think that we'd have to have a very, very good team to be able to gain promotion playing the CC way. Offensively CC knows his onions, but defensively he leaves a lot to be desired. We can't kill a game off and we lack muscle. If you're going to rely purely on passing and moving and "energy" to win then you've got to have better players than we have, or indeed anybody has in this division. How do you win when you're out of sorts? The sort of teams which gain promotion end this game after Hooper scores, and, frankly, we'd be doing better away from home with Stuart Gray at the helm. I can understand DC wanting a better style of football at S6, but points are more important than presentation when so much money has been invested.

I agree with most of this, he wants to win the perfect football match and struggles with the more pragmatic sides of the game. Im not one for changing managers though  especially when relegation is not a threat footballs fine margins and if nuhiu heads under the bar or westwood doesnt have a mare this thread wouldn't exist.

All the players we have signed have been brought here to play the carlos way and if we were to bring a steve bruce in he'd want to start again and too many players would need to be cast aside and we'd end up with results like pearsons getting a derby. Carlos has earned the right to get a full season at  it and if we decide to go a different direction after that thats fine but it has to be done close season.

i'm convinced part of his management philosophy is to ease players into the team.

maybe he's not convinced about buckley's fitness level yet.

the players dropped a boIIock today, not carlos.

i don't like abdi on the left but i'm man enough to admit that i think carlos might be more educated than me regarding football management.

we need to keep the ball in the opposition's half, lose the balls played straight from the back or lofted down the wing and we'll be much more effective