Where are you @ with Carvalhal?

Just now, Howl38 said:

Lee was poor v Bristol but got out of jail because of his late late goal.

Lets try abdi in the middle give him a run and test this theory?

also lets play reach on the left wing too?

Even before his goal I thought Lee was MOM v Bristol, so we are not going to agree there.

But yes, definitely looking forward to Reach on left wing. That said, he has been a real attacking force as left back.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Even before his goal I thought Lee was MOM v Bristol, so we are not going to agree there.

But yes, definitely looking forward to Reach on left wing. That said, he has been a real attacking force as left back.

Lee lost to ball in a criminal position that led them to getting their pen, he also let a man run past him for their second or was near him at the time, his passing during the game was poor too, however, he did improve in the second half, def not mom tho, that had to go to BB.

Just now, Howl38 said:

Lee lost to ball in a criminal position that led them to getting their pen, he also let a man run past him for their second or was near him at the time, his passing during the game was poor too, however, he did improve in the second half, def not mom tho, that had to go to BB.

Agreed.

Incredible frustrating but still hope it works out because I like Carlos but he seems to make things more difficult for himself in what is an already difficult position.

12 months on and we look a much better team on paper yet we still seem to lack consistency and a consistent game plan away from home. And now we have reliable players such as Lees, Lee and Westwood making errors and to add to that our talisman FF seems to have forgot how to score.

All I know is things will have to change soon because fans will quickly turn and more Importanlty I think our chairman will too he won't settle for us to just stagnate or dare I say go backwards.

The fact is its a results business and were fighting for the biggest prize in club football.

Edited by s6 owl

Are we becoming too predictable? We knock the ball around really well and keep possession but often not in dangerous areas.  Perhaps we need to mix it up a bit and knock it long sometimes to keep teams guessing what we are going to do.  I recall MK Dons playing great possession football against us in the Pub League with no end product; only for us to go bang bang and score against the run of play.  Time to mix it up Carlos!

The bottom line is that DC has provided the funds. CC has identified the targets. If players are bought but played out of position or can't be accommodated, then one has to question why they were brought in and whether the money could have been better spent. ATM 14th is not good enough. Based on investment we should be a top six team. We are capable and could have easily won last night. DC will not be happy if we aren't up there fighting for a play-off place as a minimum, neither will the fans.

On the other hand we have played eight matches and there are another thirty eight to go so CC should be given more time. It is not as though the team aren't trying, but there have been far too sloppy goals given away and this needs to be rectified, quickly.

9 hours ago, McRightSide said:

This 6 in 27 is clearly crap.

Dont see how last season is relevant, and if it is then judge him on the whole of it not just the part that suits your agenda

for the record I'm firmly supporting CC - he's taking us forward and without him we'd lose a big part of our identity and take a big step back 

Including cup games, our record away from home is;

P- 31, W - 7, D - 11, L - 13

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

He'll get it right, but can't fathom we we didn't get a big stopper or nutter in midfield.

Not sure he has support staff he needs, hence why we missed Mawson et al and Bristol City got a brilliant loan forward.

I'm on the fence. The squad is unbalanced, there are some obvious weaknesses and overall for me the recruitment has been questionable this summer. Carlos deserves a bit of time to turn it round because of his successes last season but the next 10-12 games are key. We have spent a lot of money under his tenure and we are without question underperforming. If we are outside the playoff places around Christmas/New Year I think we should be beginning to look elsewhere.

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

I'm on the fence. The squad is unbalanced, there are some obvious weaknesses and overall for me the recruitment has been questionable this summer. Carlos deserves a bit of time to turn it round because of his successes last season but the next 10-12 games are key. We have spent a lot of money under his tenure and we are without question underperforming. If we are outside the playoff places around Christmas/New Year I think we should be beginning to look elsewhere.

So 7th at Christmas and he's gone?

I never understand why fans make these kind of deadline statements 

Basically at the point Chansiri feels he isn't the man to achieve his expectations, he'll fire him.

13 hours ago, Kameron said:

Has not addressed the glaring weaknesses from last season, has signed too many like for like players leaving him with no plan b.  Knocking the ball around looks pretty but where’s the end product?  We need the options of power and pace but unfortunately Carlos doesn’t think he needs players with either attributes. 

100% correct, that's it and him in a nutshell...

we spent money on players in m/f who are slight improvements on those we had...

but those slightly improved players haven't hit their straps, or are being played in the wrong positions, so we've faltered...

not only do we have no plan B, the coach doesn't see the need for one it seems...

playing 'ball playing' midfielders in every position isn't the answer, though having one in goal yesterday might have been an improvement... 

13 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Where are you playing him and who are you leaving out ?

Lee ? the guy who won us the game tuesday 

Bannan ? the guy who ran the last 2 games 

on an away ground i'd leave abdi out rather than force him onto the left flank, something we're repeatably told he couldn't do at watford...