Not looking like we're gunna do any Buisness? :/

10 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I dont want to sign anyone tomorrow. I want us to be going crazy with deals ( ins and outs ) on deadline day , its what its all about. 

Talking of deadline day 

Image result for natalie sawyer 2016

The Mrs wants to know what is so good about deadline day.....here is the answer!

24 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I dont want to sign anyone tomorrow. I want us to be going crazy with deals ( ins and outs ) on deadline day , its what its all about. 

Talking of deadline day 

Exactly this. Let's save all our deals for Wednesday. Love deadline day. 

24 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Talking of deadline day 

You really shouldn't show me this at bedtime.

22 minutes ago, ELLISOWL said:

Talk about underwhelemed, after last season all we needed were a few quality additions, instead it's back to normal, fletcher - big gamble at best, abdi - decent signing & the rest average at best, gave us so much hope last year, now looks like we were punching above, mid table at best this year, shame after last year, can only see us going backwards unless we pull a few rabbits out of the hat before the window closes, same old same old and before I get slagged I'm 45 so have seen the best and worst.

Fletcher needs a regular partner. He has yet to play even 80 minutes with the same partner. Very intelligent player who will be brilliant for us I think when he gets a regular buddy.

Abdi is doing "OKish" but out of position, and is well proven class in the right role.

Jones again, is proven promotion quality.

This is absolutely anything but "back to normal" Ellis. "Normal" for us, has been 15 years of largely dross, with the odd gem here and there.

3 hours ago, vulva said:

If I were DC I'd be telling him to get rid of a few first. Amongst others, the likes of Lavery, McGugan, Wildsmith, Bus, Helan, Sougou, Vermijl, Semedo, Mattias, Dielna, Stobbs, Melo et al get no where near the first 11, and in many cases I get the impression CC would rather play with 10, than pick them. 12 players there, which if on an average of £4k per week, are costing us the thick end of £2.5m a year. 

I get the fact we need a squad, but we carry far too much fat. 

Absolutely this. And replace with two or three quality players at this level.

Then work on and play a regular first eleven. 

3 hours ago, vulva said:

If I were DC I'd be telling him to get rid of a few first. Amongst others, the likes of Lavery, McGugan, Wildsmith, Bus, Helan, Sougou, Vermijl, Semedo, Mattias, Dielna, Stobbs, Melo et al get no where near the first 11, and in many cases I get the impression CC would rather play with 10, than pick them. 12 players there, which if on an average of £4k per week, are costing us the thick end of £2.5m a year. 

I get the fact we need a squad, but we carry far too much fat. 

Completely agree, but who is likely to take them? Been no clamour for any of them. Hope it happens and we get rid of at least half of them.

30 minutes ago, highbury owl said:

Absolutely this. And replace with two or three quality players at this level.

Then work on and play a regular first eleven. 

Agreed. Why keep guys who are nowhere near the subs bench, let alone first team.

Rather have a squad of 20 quality, than keep 7 or 8 who you would prey never make the bench.

Wow! Wow! Wow! 90% of you seem to think deadline day is the only day to sign players... And according to a few of you were gunna sign 3 or 4 in the next 2 days?? Not gonna happen so get ready to be disappointed ... This flop mavinga will come and if we're lucky another player ... From his career mavinga will be poo in the championship ... 

Wish we could 

4 minutes ago, WezOwl1989 said:

Wow! Wow! Wow! 90% of you seem to think deadline day is the only day to sign players... And according to a few of you were gunna sign 3 or 4 in the next 2 days?? Not gonna happen so get ready to be disappointed ... This flop mavinga will come and if we're lucky another player ... From his career mavinga will be poo in the championship ... 

Shame we couldn't sign Leon Clarke 

If we keep FF, and he is played LW, I have no problem.

Apart from slight issues at RB, is there then a position on the starting field where we are less than strong? I don't think so. 

Cover is is good too.

4 starting quality CMs.

3 quality wingers (Wallace, FF, Buckley)

3 CFs fine to start and one superb off the bench

3 top notch CBs for two berths.

It really is a very fine first team squad when you look at it.