Not looking like we're gunna do any Buisness? :/

I know we do business on the quiet now but it's even more quiet than normal regarding possible signings, you would think that with just over 24 hours left quite a few names would be linked in the local media. Still dreaming that tomorrow we will pull out a few top draw signings. 

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I know we do business on the quiet now but it's even more quiet than normal regarding possible signings, you would think that with just over 24 hours left quite a few names would be linked in the local media. Still dreaming that tomorrow we will pull out a few top draw signings. 

We rarely find much out yet if it's the to fought ssn will have cameras following the player two weeks before he signs 

Edited by darklord

1 hour ago, the_mutha said:

Agree the league is tougher this season but why is this season "completely different to last"?

The only thing I think is different (apart from the teams) is our expectation, and we need to get a grip on ourselves to manage that.

I think the quality of the league is better in general and the amount of money in it again has stepped up further. Teams like Villa and Newcastle attract players that Hull, Boro and Burnley do not. We have had to invest significantly to keep pace with that. Even the promoted sides look stronger and a few more are ready to invest ie wolves and Bristol city.

I think we are agreeing regarding expectation. We nearly snuck up last season and it would've been the ideal time to do it. Sadly we didn't and we look forward now, but as I've said, I think the league is more competitive, teams see us as more of a scalp and there is now an expectation from the club itself (not just the fans) that we should be up there. We are capable of achieving with a bit of luck, but I do think this season is very different from last.

Edited by Bluesteel

40 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Drawer.

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

When 3 of the strikers are as prolific as Bus, Nuhiu and Joao another one wouldn't be a bad thing.

i think we may see a few departures tomorrow anyway 

Bet nuihu and Joao don't leave 

Edited by bladeshater

11 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Only starting? 

The silly thing is...I recall people suggesting they'd pass up playoff victory to push for automatic this year instead. Ridiculous at the time, even more ridiculous now. 

I remember someone ringing up FH before the final saying 'it wouldn't be a bad thing if we lose' as he didn't think 'we're ready for the prem yet' 

Not ready for £200m....Yeah mate let's just knock about in the Football league forever then shall we. Some of our fans have a losers mentality and irritate the shiit out of me with comments like that. Have some ambition for the love of god! 

After the final whistle at Wembley a woman on the coach turned to me and said 'it was a good day out though'....'here look at these pics of Wembley I took'....'fantastic day out' 

I would never hit a woman but the thought crossed my mind in that moment lol

Guest ELLISOWL
On 29 August 2016 at 20:47, Freshfish said:

..wouldn't back to normal' be a play-off place? We kept key players and we've signed three very good players at this level...and potentially four if Buckley gets up to speed? I'm not slagging you off but you appear to not be quite clear in your appraisal.

Jones. Fletcher. Abdi. Buckley.

Jones, sent off in his first game, fletcher, how many goals has he scored, amazed he's not injured yet, abdi ok good signing and Buckley has to prove himself, back to normal the play offs ? How many of them have we been in to get back to the top flight in the last 20 years ?

Guest ELLISOWL
On 29 August 2016 at 20:50, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Talk about negative, more like!

How is Fletcher a 'big gamble at best'? He's a quality player dropping to the Championship for the first time in his career, is still only 29, and has looked very good for us so far.

Abdi is also far more than a 'decent signing' - he's already proven he's one of the best midfielders at this level and held his own in the Premier League last season. He just needs to be played in his best position.

'The rest' you refer to includes David Jones, who was a vital part of last season's Championship winners and who they'd have gladly kept for the season by the sound of things; Daniel Pudil, who was a mainstay in our top six team of last season; Vincent Sasso, who's been signed as fourth choice centre back; Jake Kean, who's an experienced backup keeper; and Will Buckely, who's the only gamble as far as I can see - but if he regains anything like the form he showed for Brighton a few seasons ago, could be a very shrewd acquisition.

I imagine there's a couple more signings to come yet, too...

Well I hope your right of course, can't see it myself, fletcher has spent half his career injured, Jones sent off in his first start, pudil good to have perm, will Buckley IF he regains form from a few years ago, hope I'm wrong but think Carlos got this window mostly wrong.

15 minutes ago, ELLISOWL said:

Well I hope your right of course, can't see it myself, fletcher has spent half his career injured, Jones sent off in his first start, pudil good to have perm, will Buckley IF he regains form from a few years ago, hope I'm wrong but think Carlos got this window mostly wrong.

Back to school Monday