Not looking like we're gunna do any Buisness? :/

This year more than ever deals are dependent on other deals being done. Also bearing in mind the removal of the loan window, I expect this to be the busiest transfer deadline day for a while. Horrible for football, but great for Sky and apparently thats all that matters isn't  it?

This should happen before the season starts IMO, still get the drama and doesnt destabalise the season. I always get the impression that the first month is a write off and the season proper begins after the first international break.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

If I were DC I'd be telling him to get rid of a few first. Amongst others, the likes of Lavery, McGugan, Wildsmith, Bus, Helan, Sougou, Vermijl, Semedo, Mattias, Dielna, Stobbs, Melo et al get no where near the first 11, and in many cases I get the impression CC would rather play with 10, than pick them. 12 players there, which if on an average of £4k per week, are costing us the thick end of £2.5m a year. 

I get the fact we need a squad, but we carry far too much fat. 

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Pay them off. Clear the decks from a FFP point of view. You can't tell me we can't find a home with subsidised wages for a fair number of that lot. I said at the time we would miss Paul Aldridge and his experience, and a number of things I'm hearing about the club at the minute, and the way it is run, back this up. 

you moan that they are costing us 2.5 million and then post we should pay them off which would cost us 2.5 million ...........and do you really think we should pay wildsmith off to get him out the club .

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

yeah reyt...the club are well known for broadcasting their business far and wide...you're still thinking about when your mates DA and KW were in charge

If you're transacting with the club in one way or another, you're going to get an idea about certain things. There are plenty of people who do that.

16 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Heard on the grapevine Forest want McGugan back but cant afford his wages. Blackburn also keen. He's on a huge wage, going to be difficult to get rid of him in my opinion. Unless he's willing to take a drop in a permanent move or someone is willing to pay his full wage on loan.

We should integrate him back into the first team squad then. He's still a good player. If we can let FF off the hook, we should do so with McGugan and Lachmann. Not exactly as though we're running away with the league is it? 

Plus, the only way other clubs will come in for them is when they see them playing well.

11 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Yeah true, me neither mate. It was over the weekend I got told that so maybe things have changed.

Hope so, we could do with him off the books sharpish/

He's wasting his time here must be very frustrating for him, he's a very good player would interest loads of clubs. Needs to drop his pay though. He'd get another big raise once he actually settles somewhere I imagine.

1 hour ago, Zlin Owl said:

Something will happen I am sure of it. I am so sure I will even post my pin number ( 0000 ) now if nothing happens I will post again to  tell you what order the numbers are in.  I can't say fairer than that now can I !

Are you sure that isn't your balance?

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

We should integrate him back into the first team squad then. He's still a good player. If we can let FF off the hook, we should do so with McGugan and Lachmann. Not exactly as though we're running away with the league is it? 

Plus, the only way other clubs will come in for them is when they see them playing well.

Hmmm, it does appear Carlos likes to freeze players out once they're deemed surplus to requirements. As you say, it's all well and good when things are going well, but when you're scratching round for goals (McGugan) and central defenders (Lachmann) as we have been, you have to wonder if we're shooting ourselves in the foot. 

Guest ELLISOWL

Talk about underwhelemed, after last season all we needed were a few quality additions, instead it's back to normal, fletcher - big gamble at best, abdi - decent signing & the rest average at best, gave us so much hope last year, now looks like we were punching above, mid table at best this year, shame after last year, can only see us going backwards unless we pull a few rabbits out of the hat before the window closes, same old same old and before I get slagged I'm 45 so have seen the best and worst.

9 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Hmmm, it does appear Carlos likes to freeze players out once they're deemed surplus to requirements. As you say, it's all well and good when things are going well, but when you're scratching round for goals (McGugan) and central defenders (Lachmann) as we have been, you have to wonder if we're shooting ourselves in the foot. 

It'd be like having two new players for free.

lol

13 minutes ago, ELLISOWL said:

Talk about underwhelemed, after last season all we needed were a few quality additions, instead it's back to normal, fletcher - big gamble at best, abdi - decent signing & the rest average at best, gave us so much hope last year, now looks like we were punching above, mid table at best this year, shame after last year, can only see us going backwards unless we pull a few rabbits out of the hat before the window closes, same old same old and before I get slagged I'm 45 so have seen the best and worst.

..wouldn't back to normal' be a play-off place? We kept key players and we've signed three very good players at this level...and potentially four if Buckley gets up to speed? I'm not slagging you off but you appear to not be quite clear in your appraisal.

Jones. Fletcher. Abdi. Buckley.

Edited by Freshfish

2 minutes ago, ELLISOWL said:

Talk about negative, more like!

How is Fletcher a 'big gamble at best'? He's a quality player dropping to the Championship for the first time in his career, is still only 29, and has looked very good for us so far.

Abdi is also far more than a 'decent signing' - he's already proven he's one of the best midfielders at this level and held his own in the Premier League last season. He just needs to be played in his best position.

'The rest' you refer to includes David Jones, who was a vital part of last season's Championship winners and who they'd have gladly kept for the season by the sound of things; Daniel Pudil, who was a mainstay in our top six team of last season; Vincent Sasso, who's been signed as fourth choice centre back; Jake Kean, who's an experienced backup keeper; and Will Buckely, who's the only gamble as far as I can see - but if he regains anything like the form he showed for Brighton a few seasons ago, could be a very shrewd acquisition.

I imagine there's a couple more signings to come yet, too...

1 minute ago, Zlin Owl said:

Darn it is now, how the feck did you work out the sequence.

I asked our resident historian. He said he was quite good with four nils, then asked me to try 1979 instead.

I did and now I'm £3.54 better off.