Brentford vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

3 minutes ago, NIOwl said:

1 point (almost 0) from a very achievable 9 is what people are moaning about. Are you happy to have the best side in years that loses every week?

Er, appreciate what you mean, but we drew today. We should have beaten Brentford but they don't turn up for nothing, you see!

A slow start is not an indication of much, I think. Let's see the table at the end of November. That will give us a clue.

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

That equalizer may just win back some belief and spirit. I am praying that we can get hooper sharp in this break as we are creating far too many unconverted chances. 

I'd be shocked if any other team had as many shots as us this season so far. Just wish we had someone on form finishing them

COUGH Rhodes.

9 minutes ago, NIOwl said:

1 point (almost 0) from a very achievable 9 is what people are moaning about. Are you happy to have the best side in years that loses every week?

Yeh, just look at the so called under acheivements, ignore the positive ones like 4 points from the 2 relegated teams...

3 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Yeh, just look at the so called under acheivements, ignore the positive ones like 4 points from the 2 relegated teams...

Think the annoyance is we play well against teams like that then go into games like Burton and the weeds and don't perform. We have to turn up for every match and that is something which is eluding us 

I think this international break is going to be as crucial as the corresponding one was last year. A chance for CC to get to work with the players that he knows he's got until January at least, find his best 11 and best tactics. As things stand we're no better or worse off than last year :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Adem Poric said:

So many embarrassing posts in this thread.

Stop being such fannies.

We'll be reyt. Only a matter of time until it clicks and we absolutely hammer some teams.

And when that happens then the players/CC will get heaped with praise.

Under-performing players in receiving criticism shocker.

28 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

So many embarrassing posts in this thread.

Stop being such fannies.

We'll be reyt. Only a matter of time until it clicks and we absolutely hammer some teams.

To be fair we hammered them, first half particularly, today by the sounds of it. I'm happy with that performance today just wish we could be more clinical. 

1 hour ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Look who's down at the foot of the table with us though. Derby, villa, toon and let's face it will the top 6 look like that come May.

we've a 'snooker' on every time we come to the table, and it's carlos whose 'laid it'...

2 of the sides above have good managers, the other one has won a european cup...

ours 'claim to fame' was he once lasted nearly 18 months in a job...

46 minutes ago, dnhc said:

we've a 'snooker' on every time we come to the table, and it's carlos whose 'laid it'...

2 of the sides above have good managers, the other one has won a european cup...

ours 'claim to fame' was he once lasted nearly 18 months in a job...

Pathetic.

2 hours ago, VictoryBell said:

Er, appreciate what you mean, but we drew today. We should have beaten Brentford but they don't turn up for nothing, you see!

A slow start is not an indication of much, I think. Let's see the table at the end of November. That will give us a clue.

I'm not saying it's freak out time, just that moaning is absolutely justified. 

Hopefully the character and fight shown to keep going in order to get that late goal, might just be the kickstart we needed.

Also I just looked it up and the last time we drew 1-1 away at Brentford we were promoted as runners-up to the top flight back in the 1949-50 season. Let's hope it's a lucky omen.