Anger as Pokemon Go uses SWFC Hillsborough memorial as 'Pokestop'

Just now, madfan said:

RESPECT - NOT HEARD OF IT ?

I have. I bet you've heard of caps lock too.

1 minute ago, modboy said:

that show was certainly an eye opener. Made me feel a bit shameful when i watched it having believed the SYP spin etc

It was jarring watching the CCTV footage. Paul Middup's comments about the Liverpool fans made my blood boil.

10 minutes ago, captain jack said:

No thanks I bet it doesn't say how they robbed pubs and shops who were trying to look after them after the ordeal or how late fans with no tickets were a little responsible for a near crush outside 

Why not just watch it and find out?

the documentary recognises that all fans then and now are unpredictable. Some of our fans at Burton were  being a real pain in the ass. BUT the actions of the people we trust ie the police, govt, and to some extent SWFC let us down that day through bad decisions and planning.

Just now, modboy said:

the documentary recognises that all fans then and now are unpredictable. Some of our fans at Burton were  being a real pain in the ass. BUT the actions of the people we trust ie the police, govt, and to some extent SWFC let us down that day through bad decisions and planning.

I don't see how you can blame the police, govt for our defeat at Burton.

If it leads people to it and makes them aware of it I rather think that's a good thing. There's one near me that's the village war memorial and I've never seen so many young people gathering there but also reading whats there as a commemoration. 

Easy to see it in the negative because it's about 'yoof/football = thugs'. Maybe before people criticise they should think about it a little more. Anyways...it's the 'local' newspaper...they need something to make people buy it.

Edited by Freshfish

Yes going back to the point - our village's main Pokestop (I am reliably informed by my 12 year old) is the war memorial.

I don't think anyone sees this as disrespectful. They are taught what the war memorial is and indeed as someone says may actually stop and think about what it means

Really gets my goat that people have to be "outraged" or "appalled" by everything these days.

44 minutes ago, Woodhouse_owl said:

its not like its something physical on the memorial.

And whos angry at it? they need to grow up

Yeah it's not like you can see charmander taking a dump on top of it! Some people moan about anything these days, and because social media is so accessible to any moron it gets blown out of all proportions... Sounds familiar? You should have to take a "are you a stupid knob" test to be able to use social media.

Can't see how its disrespectful if it encourages people to visit the memorial, providing they treat it with respect when they get there.  I would have thought the families would have liked their loved ones to be remembered as often as possible and by as many people as possible.

This is one of the most boring threads I've bothered to open. As for a bbc documentary, well we all know they never broadcast both sides to a story, just what there lefty editors want to hear.

i will only listern to my mate that gave evidence.