Anger as Pokemon Go uses SWFC Hillsborough memorial as 'Pokestop'

1 hour ago, captain jack said:

Because it's a whitewash ultimately it WAS the police fault but to leave the Liverpool fans totally blameless is astonishing, also it makes me furious how NOT ONE Liverpool fan over the years has said "God I wish I wasn't there without a ticket trying to get in" 

Furious eh!

lol

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So many people in this thread declaring they know for an absolute fact what caused the disaster yet unwilling to listen to or watch any other side of the discussion.

So sad to see.

Humans should be open to hearing both sides of a debate instead of just closing off saying 'blah blah blah' whilst putting their fingers in their ears.

Leads to a very ignorance society

I think you're being very ignorant assuming that people in this thread have not listened to all sides of the discussion

It, for me, was a snide attempt at the establishment abusing its power against the working class; to mask utter failings at public service level. Whether Thatcher and co. went along with it post event is debatable. Duckenfield is the perfect example of someone out of depth and he was described as an 'academic'. Couldn't agree more, he wasn't prepared for any emergency and is symptomatic of what would have been the conduct of a graduate in his new workplace. Any live event has to be prepared for this and for the fans to be criminalised through the media was disgusting.

My only gripe (subjectively so) is the justice element. Who exactly is brought to book and where is the line drawn for all the families?  

10 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Anyone who still hasn't availed themselves of the actual facts of the disaster should seriously watch this:

Just watched this. TV, Books, radio, whatever - I never get emotional. I've never cried at any fiction or non-fiction, and I've sat through the works - Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, whatever tear-jerker you can think of, I've probably seen it or read it and been absolutely fine and dry-eyed. I got to about 50 minutes before I had to stop and I'm crying my eyes out.

6 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

The meek acceptance that 'officialdom' always come up with the correct answer never ceases to amaze me.

So we are told that this 'enquiry' is absolute gospel and beyond reproach and yet the original one is now not worth the paper its written on. 

No, the original report reached exactly the same conclusion as this one. Pay attention.

5 hours ago, Sonny said:

No, the original report reached exactly the same conclusion as this one. Pay attention.

Sorry teacher!

If that is the case, why did we spend God knows how many millions on the second enquiry if the first one was the same.

My understanding was that the first one according to those 'involved' was a 'whitewash' and again, 'those involved' had consistently pushed for a second one ever since, hence the 'justice' campaign etc and the final euphoria (possibly not a good word in the context of everything) when the second lot of 'findings' were revealed.

If they were the same as the first, then why were they so unhappy at the first & more than satisfied with the second?

I suppose someone will come on who has bound copies of both enquiries that can quote sections that disprove my 'general' assumptions, but hey ho, I read the entire text of the Nuremberg trials so who am I to f*****n talk?

Anyway on to other matters, what about that k**b Corbyn, pretending he couldn't get a seat on the train to Newcastle.    lol 

Guest Deleted member

2nd worst thing about the Disaster, after the huge loss of life?

It could have been any one of us that attended football back then. ALL of the stadiums were shocking, and Hillsborough was one of the best. Doesnt bear thinking about

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

2nd worst thing about the Disaster, after the huge loss of life?

It could have been any one of us that attended football back then. ALL of the stadiums were shocking, and Hillsborough was one of the best. Doesnt bear thinking about

A good way to end the debate.

makes ya think.

11 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

An awful lot of circumstances just came to an inevitable event as watching football back when I was a kid was just a totally different event.

RIP the 96 and let's all just move on.

Completely agree with this.

As someone who wasn't even born in 1989 I find the never ending argument tiresome and pointless after so much time has passed.

At the end of the day, 96 football fans who were just like you and me died. 

RIP. 

It's time we drew a line under the whole saga.

Scourers- Offended by everything and ashamed of nothing.

Celebrated their vindication in Hillsborough enquiry by travelling to Europa Final without tickets. Loads of forgeries used. Got in the Seville end and surprise surprise it all kicked off. Not another Heysel but they never learn.

just watched the documentary and WOW what an eye opener. I didnt realise how bad it all actually was. 

I would say in my opinion that SYP should take the blame for the cover up as it was needless and it was a disaster that could happen anywhere and anytime. I would also say i am surprised that the gate wasn't shut when clearly it was full making fans go upstairs or to adjacent standing areas. This is the mistake that led to the deaths by the control room orders.  

I would also like to put the blame on fans travelling without tickets. If they were not there in the first place- outside would not have been as bad and therefore inside would not have been as bad. People can say all they like 'it used to happen all the time in them days' are wrong as well. It may have happened all the time but it doesn't make it right OR legal. That was ultimately what caused some of the chaos and they are to blame for being there in the first place. It is wrong and this is proof of what can happen if you try and 'sneak in' to sell out games. 

In the verdict the SYP should be put to shame for this. But to say that Liverpool fans played no part in it is false in my opinion. 

RIP the 96. Its a tragedy and we should be hopeful never to see again.

In regards to this pokemon game---- if it makes more children aware of the tragedy and the history of what happened will only be a good thing. 

Some kids are not taught this but if they find out because of the game it cannot hurt. It is history and should not be ignored- if this game highlights it as important Im not so sure it is disrespectful.

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

the bit where they showed people getting crushed was heartbreaking. All while the police watched on / pushed people back over the fences.

did you watch the same documentary? The police were standing trying to pull people over- opening the gates - and ripping the cage off with the LIverpool fans so that people could escape.

What an odd commment. The police doing interviews and camera footage prove this.

How one sided can your comment be.

maybe i didnt phrase that correct so apologies.

Watched it a year ago or so. All i remember was them trying to stop people moving from pen to pen etc.

Overall a horrific day where the ones who did as they should, ie get there early etc were the ones who lost their lives. 

Re the late/out of control fans, it still happens today. Cant think of many other events where attendees totally ignore all common sense and requests from stewards/police etc

Of course the late fans thing is completely moot because facts show that they couldn't get the anywhere near the number of PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT TICKETS through the amount of turnstiles available in the amount of time the turnstiles were open in any case.

There just weren't enough turnstiles available. 

Which led to the crush outside.

Ticketless fans or not. The crush was going to happen outside anyway.