Dalian Atkinson tazered to death by police

2 hours ago, Mav-erick said:

This...

as as far as I'm aware there has been no deaths from Tazer incidents and they are used fairly often where lives are in danger. A Tazer is not dangerous to fit and healthy people , it just appears it may have triggered something .. Who knows , the post mortem will reveal all , not simpletons giving silly "eye witness" statements. 

The police federation are looking into 4deaths at the moment by taser

Before my time watching Wednesday but RIP Dalian.

11 minutes ago, kazads said:

Before you have a go at Tazer use in the UK have a look at how UK policing practice is held as a great policing in US debates regarding gun violence. 

37 minutes ago, kazads said:

How many of those tasered over the last ten years would have dead if the police had used guns ? Anyway RIP Dalian...had the privilege to have a beer with him out and about he always had time for a chat with people...a good lad really sad news

7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

How many of those tasered over the last ten years would have dead if the police had used guns ? Anyway RIP Dalian...had the privilege to have a beer with him out and about he always had time for a chat with people...a good lad really sad news

I was simply answering someone who said there had been no deaths from tasers

4 minutes ago, steveger said:

From SKY News:

The 48-year-old's nephew, Fabian Atkinson, said officers would not have used a stun gun if they had known his medical history.

Mr Atkinson said: "He had some health issues that he was trying to get through and that's why his heart was weak.

I saw a video of his nephew on the Birmingham Mail website. The sound wasn't too good and the clip kept buffering but I think he said something about dialysis.

Rip big fella.

Seem to remember him scoring a cracker against dem Blavges in zenith data (overshadowed by Sheridans winner) unless my memory is playing tricks. Read big Rons book he rated him as 1 of the best he ever managed. So sad, much too young to go.

So sorry to hear this news. Always remember the great goal against Liverpool at Hillsborough Nov 30 1989 on a difficult night. Explosive like Hirsty, always wondered how unplayable he would have been in our 91/92 side that finished third and qualified for Europe. Ron so knew a good player when he saw one....agonising that he couldn't score in that desperate finale against Forest on the last day.

Which reminds me of some of the things that used to be in Just another Wednesday and fanzines of that ilk. In the days when Ron was indeed God:

'And the Lord Ron Spaketh once more.

He said " And I shall leave un to thee a son,

and ye shall know him as Dalian,

Son of Ron'

See you up the big field later Dalian, we'll play until my mum calls us in for tea.

God bless x